Docler Holding "hungarian" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Docler Holding Employee Reviews about "hungarian"

Updated 5 Jan 2020

3.1
Docler Holding CEO Károly Papp
Károly Papp
Pros
  • "good salary and nice benefits (health insurance, free breakfasts, gym passes etc)(in 17 reviews)

• "The company supported me a lot with the documentation to move from Brazil to Luxembourg(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "Many non-Hungarian guys are in management(in 15 reviews)

• "renting an apartment in Luxembourg is really expensive, especially if you what to live in the city(in 9 reviews)

Reviews about "hungarian"

Return to all Reviews

"Not the best company environment"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Luxembourg

I worked at Docler Holding full-time for more than a year

Pros

Been in the company for a year and this are my pros since the first interaction with the recruiter: - they have an idea of how to relocate someone - they offer a relocation package ( ofc is not enough to cover everything, probably just the plane tickets for the entire family ) -they give nice gifts for various parties of the year ( best ones are for Christmas) -they bring in the company well prepared people -in the year that I worked for them they had a really good bonus scheme

Cons

Unfortunately this part is a bigger one even they have an interesting IT product: - Biggest problem is that they fire people without any prior feedback or giving them prior reasons, you get a letter at the end of the workday and you go home ...( like in the movies, which is not really pleasant if you have a family with kids or you moved from your home country by yourself) -the CEO does not have short objectives or vision for the company or the products , that is why sometimes things are closed from a day to another and people fired. -the CEO speaks only Hungarian -the owner of the company dictates most of the things that the company does by " heart" or mood and not based on data or market trends - there are a lot of people working within the company that don't want to be there but they will stay and make a toxic environment for others - The English level of the majority of employees is not at a good level thus is really hard to communicate with them - Everyone is concentrated and grouped in small "churches" with the scope of taking care by themselves and not get fired .... by any means -Anyone can be an expert in another domain from what he/she is hired for ... -People complaining more and putting the blame on someone else more are considered good employees -Senior BAs are considered people that are in the company for a long time and not people with experience and knowladge of their profession -PMs are changed too quickly, the lifespan of a PM being ~<10months -People get fired from a day to another ... without reasons - On some floors it really smells bad and the CO2 levels are dangerous in LU - The Work/Life Balance is not existing as most of the time there are spending much time in the office -They invest a lot of money in a PR dept that shows that people are happy and having fun rather than actually make people happy and having fun -The people in the PR dept are really aggressive in taking photos and videos of other employees during parties, working hours, lunch .

Docler Holding2020-01-05

"Old fashioned Hungarian company"

Former Employee - User Experience Designer in Budapest

I worked at Docler Holding full-time for less than a year

Pros

- good salaries on Hungarian market - In that time there was some really good managers and team leaders - well organized company events (even a great Christmas celebration with lot of lottery prizes)

Cons

- very strict rules (like where to put your coat!) - no home office - arrogant and undereducated leaders

Docler Holding2019-08-26

"Terrible place for a developer"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Luxembourg
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Docler Holding full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Decent salary. - Help with relocation.

Cons

- The worst case of blame and shame culture I've ever seen. - Working overtime is encouraged, but almost never compensated. - Overtime work happens very often due to poor culture and low management competence. - Very little actual work is done because of the reasons above. Main skills you need are how to pretend, to blame and to protect yourself. - Salary raises and promotions are for Hungarian employees only.

Docler Holding2019-09-07

"Worst experience"

Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Luxembourg

I worked at Docler Holding full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very good place to learn latest tech trends. Very good perks. Lot of money. Free fruits.

Cons

But very bad people. Everyone thinks I am the boss. You are good if you are a Hungarian or you bend before them or are very good at manipulating.

Docler Holding2019-07-14

"STAY AWAY"

Former Employee - Engineer in Budapest

I worked at Docler Holding full-time for less than a year

Pros

Enjoy your free everything as long as you can.

Cons

Despite the weird and not-so-seamless recruiting process and a lot of bad reviews here and on Hungarian sites, I decided to accept their offer. What I experience here is the total lack of people management skills and EQ in any kind of management-related positions with even worse feedback and communication towards employees from them. Engineering managers are constantly joking about several employees should be fired, threatening those employees who they don't like to fire without meaningful reasons. Laughing on employees instead of helping them, talking to them, mentoring them. Doesn't give any feedback by default, when someone proactively seeks it, what you get is either too general and superficial or dishonest and not straightforward at all. Makes decisions based on personal preference, not on professional/technical opinion. It is fair to say your future manager will only do two things here: hire you and fire you. Scrum masters are sometimes hysterical about following the rules and paying attention in meetings, sometimes don't even participate in scrum events. If you don't pay attention in the meetings, you are shamed in front of everyone. Even if these are 1.5 hours long without any direction or control. Keep saying insulting things like 'have you thought about starting to work?' or 'you should do something meaningful already!' from about the second week of employment when just started learning the legacy codebase. Acting like a boss while the real one is nowhere. Don't even bother to give feedback, nothing changes. There is no mentoring, just a short onboarding. If you ask for a deeper explanation on something which needs a senior developer's help, you can wait 4-6 weeks to get it. If you need help with a not so complicated thing which you need for your daily task, sometimes even this takes about 1-2 weeks. It means if what you already know turns out to be not enough, nobody will help you through it, you might end up just getting fired. If you are not a bootlicker type, you won't succeed but more probably won't even survive here. I recommend you to buy at least a few identical t-shirts what your boss is wearing, there are examples here that it might work. Probably also because of this, the fluctuation is high, employees are leaving the team, leaving the company, getting hired, getting fired about bi-weekly. There are weird team-building events regularly with awkward group exercises… I advise you the same what I will advise to everyone through the rest of my career, stay away from this place. It doesn't matter how much they offer you and how much free everything they give you, these are just there to cover the fact that you will be treated as an insect and you can be fired anytime.

Docler Holding2019-06-14

"Company is not for lazy people"

Current Employee - Senior Front-end Deceloper in Luxembourg

I have been working at Docler Holding full-time for more than a year

Pros

- the company where there is very little micromanagement, you can be and should be responsible from A-Z; - if you are ambitious and like what you do, you’ll be supported to advance; - guys with startup ideas are given a chance to pitch and if selected, they’ll be supported; - this year there’s many new benefits: gym abonnement, every day breakfast, pretty big bonus program for the end of the year; traditional lunches; additional parkings / still not enough though for everyone - your aren’t expected to work for an hour more than your regular working hours, encouraged to have healthy life-work balance; - advanced software and tools to use; - the company seeks to develop itself and improve work experience of employees - lots of talented colleagues; diverse background and cultures create interesting environment

Cons

- yes it’s a Hungarian company, but it can’t be the fault for everything. Many non-Hungarian guys are in management - you do need good communication skills to advance in the company - management will not like employees who complain all the time

Docler Holding2018-09-28

Docler Holding Response

October 11, 2018HR Manager

Dear Colleague, We appreciate your detailed, positive feedback, it is important for us. I am glad to read your comment, because most of your points reflect several of the management’s goals: to hire the best talent who are also a cultural fit for the company, encourage employees to come up with improvement ideas; to have employees on board who are talented, passionate about their profession and loyal to the company. We consider work-life balance crucial for both the employee and employer to ensure wellbeing and effective work. Although we have the chance to work in a dynamic and fun environment, we admit that the expectations are high from the colleagues and we expect the colleagues to come up with solutions instead of excuses, so you are right in saying that we do not believe in complaints. We will consider how we can improve further our support with relocation. Also, feel free to give any feedback to your manager, head of department directly related to professional matters. Thank you again for your comment. I wish you a lot of success and fun at Docler. Kind Regards Rita Rácz

Continue reading

"Good team, bad management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Luxembourg

I worked at Docler Holding full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Team and atmosphere - Work-life balance - Salaries - Parties

Cons

- The management is following the fear policy. You will not safe in there regardless of the time you worked there. - They are firing people based on their "face". If the manager doesn't like you for any reason (you talk too loud, you don't agree with something, you disagreed his favourite, etc) you will be fired. - The carrier development is for the employees who the management fancy not the talent. - The CEO in Luxembourg doesn't speak any languages just Hungarian, someone needs to translate for him all the time. This is stupid in an office where English is the company language.

Docler Holding2018-09-11

Docler Holding Response

October 11, 2018HR Manager

Dear Reviewer, Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you listed some very important factors that you found positive. We are very proud of the atmosphere in Docler, we believe it is unique in Luxembourg to have such an easygoing and fun work environment and indeed, we offer internationally competitive salaries. The Labour Law in Luxembourg is quite strict with regards to the rights of the employee. The Human Resources department at Docler Holding adhere to the regulations in the termination of an employment contract. Therefore, I must disagree with your references and reasons which you have given. During your time at Docler, you may have experienced, that the management team does interact with employees often on a daily basis and has an open-door policy. We strive at Docler to create a fun and a rewarding atmosphere so as to reduce the stress levels of our employees. So, I am sorry that your time with us was not as rewarding as you would have liked, however, I trust that your future endeavors will meet your needs. I wish you a lot of success in the future. Kind Regards Rita Rácz HR Manager

Continue reading

"A money laundering scheme"

I have been working at Docler Holding

Pros

+ Decent benefits package + Lunch every other week + Company happy hours + Sparkling clean office (maybe even suspiciously so)

Cons

- No vision on products. No one really knows the selling point of any of the products, but the company is backed by an outdated adult web site so it won't go out of business until it gets audited. - Nonexistent CEO. He'll come in every now and then to get a car wash. - Atrocious "leaders". You will be told to do a job with no guidance or mentorship. There is no thought process to any project nor any open dialogue. All decisions are made as take it or leave it. You even have to figure out what tools you need in order to do whatever task you have. If you ask the leaders for their opinion, you will literally be given a shrug or simply “just figure it out”. Then later they will laugh at you behind your back or even in front of you in their native language if you’re lucky. It’s sort of like you’re being hazed in some Hungarian frat. If you challenge their correctness in any way, you will be verbally abused no matter if you are right or wrong. - No room to grow. Every employee who is not Hungarian will be considered a Junior level employee. It doesn’t matter how many years of experience you have, you’ll be looked down upon and it’ll be impossible to advance in their backwards hierarchical structure. - Performance reviews are a joke. You’ll be called in for a review saying how great you are without actually going over what you have accomplished. They’ll also give you some tips to improve that are impossible to achieve. - No accountability. Certain employees are given a pass for their horrendous skills simply because management likes them. - No compassion for employees. You’ll most likely be given an entire project to complete by the end of the day before a holiday weekend! There’s also non-flexible working hours, which if you’re still reading this you shouldn’t be surprised about. - Employees continually have paychecks reversed. Finance keeps saying payroll service is at fault, but how can this be a recurring thing? (Owner may be money laundering). - Departments get laid off frequently. One week the office is full of new faces, then the next week it's a graveyard of empty desks. If you see the death squad from Hungary in the building, it’s not a good sign. - You will feel the strange dread and tension in the office.

Docler Holding2017-08-18

"Learn to speak Hungarian"

I worked at Docler Holding full-time for more than a year

Pros

The benefits that this place offers is by far some of the best. Beautiful office space and many colleagues are wonderful people. Lunch every other Wednesday.

Cons

Unless you speak Hungarian or slept with someone who does, you will fear for job security every single day. But if you do speak Hungarian, you are completely set for life. For example, an employee known for causing sexual harassment cases was moved to the US office after his first case, then moved to another European office after causing a huge scandal in the US, then was moved back to the US after setting up a failed studio. Various Hungarians also caused a fight at a holiday party and then made false accusations of other employees to avoid discipline. None of the instigators were reprimanded. Upper management refuses to communicate effectively with anyone, and oftentimes conducts layoffs with no rhyme or reason. The owner has even said that he prefers not to speak to employees as he enjoys growing fear within the company. His assets have been frozen a number of times in the past year and the US side cannot keep a bank account open (they inexplicably are closed without warning, causing chaos during payroll). An executive assistant with no sound business acumen makes all the calls, and treats everyone with utter disrespect.

Docler Holding2017-03-03

"Docler Luxembourg"

I worked at Docler Holding

Pros

Good co-workers, lot of energy and fun.

Cons

If you don't speak Hungarian, it might be a problem to blend in. Lack of purpose and direction at times.

Docler Holding2017-01-02

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 18 reviews