Domestic & General Group Reviews

Updated 22 Jun 2020

3.5
Domestic & General Group CEO Ian Mason
Ian Mason
Pros
  • "Management is very supportive including your team leaders , great place to meet new people and very friendly and comfortable environment to be in(in 29 reviews)

• "Friendly atmosphere nice team great people(in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • "The team leader selection process isn't great, we have some team leaders who were good at hitting targets but didn't have any people skills(in 34 reviews)

• " d amp g (in 16 reviews)

1. Featured Review
    COVID-19

"Great place to work"

5.0
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Nottingham, England

I have been working at Domestic & General Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have worked at Domestic and General for just over 2 years. It has been a really pleasant experience for me. The support from day 1 has been fantastic. The pay and bonus schemes are really competitive for the work we do and lots of daily and monthly incentives. You can win vouchers, paid leave, holiday breaks and items such as laptops. D&G have also improved work life balance introducing alternative shift patterns. We were at the forefront of home working trialling this before the lockdown was announced. The speed at which this was done was amazing. I feel we have had tremendous support since working from home with the use of a variety of social media to keep us all connected. Regular coaching and team meetings so we do not feel alone. Personal trainer sessions and Pilates classes online to help us keep fit. Prospects for progression have recently increased with the introduction role models, agent progression programmes and the new lead agent roles which will now be confirmed after the pandemic.

Cons

None for me however if you are not willing to put the time and effort in to the job, comply with adherence being present and on time, provide great customer service then this may not be the right job

May 1, 2020Site Director - Nottingham

Hi, thank you for leaving such a positive review! It’s really great to hear that you feel you have been fully supported in your role since you started with us, and that you have enjoyed the incentives we provide. We are very proud of the way that our employees have adjusted to homeworking as part of the response to the pandemic, it was a huge task so it’s good to see that through the use of social media and regular team meetings, you still feel connected. This is so important for us. Keep up the good work with the Personal trainer sessions and Pilates classes! We have had a huge uptake on these sessions, and we are glad to see you are taking advantage of these and keeping fit in lockdown. It’s good to hear you feel provided with progression opportunities, we have seen many of our employees progress their careers with us and seen many successes, so we look forward to continuing this!

2. "Fantastic Company"

5.0
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Nottingham, England

I have been working at Domestic & General Group full-time

Pros

Great team environment Ample support within your role Development opportunities Transforming into the modern day operation with opportunity to grow the business and personal development

Cons

Not the clearest structure to progress officially

June 19, 2020Site Director

Hi, thank you for providing a positive review! It's great to read that you feel supported in your role and you are enjoying your working environment and development, since starting with us!

3. "Good benefits"

Former Employee - Customer Service

I worked at Domestic & General Group full-time

Pros

Benefits are good for morale

Cons

Busy workload that can be stressful

June 24, 2020Site Director

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review. It's great to read that you enjoyed the benefits we offer to our employees. We do take all feedback seriously and we are focused on ensuring that we provide great places to work for all of our staff, whilst offering a great work life balance.

4. "GOOD PEOPLE BAD MANAGEMENT"

Former Employee - Call Centre Agent in Nottingham, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Domestic & General Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Salary/Bonus, Incentives. The people you meet

Cons

Inconsistent management, theysay we are all on the same line but certain agents get better calls to sell on, so a bit unfair as sales = bonus.

June 22, 2020Site Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It is great to see that you enjoyed the Rewards and the team environment here at Domestic & General. We do take all feedback very seriously and my priority is to ensure that our Nottingham office is fantastic place to work for all employees. I would be more than happy to discuss your feedback in more detail should you wish to contact me further – Julie Gowland (Site Director).

5. "Great place to work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Nottingham, England

I have been working at Domestic & General Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Brilliant 4 day time table competitive salary well looked after as part of a team

Cons

Coffee machines always broken haha

June 19, 2020Site Director

Hi and thank you for your positive review! Great to see that you are enjoying your shift pattern and your team environment!

6. "Good"

4.0
    Former Employee - Manager in Coventry, England

I worked at Domestic & General Group full-time

Pros

Support, work/life balance . .

Cons

Career progression . . . .

June 19, 2020Site Director

Many thanks for leaving the positive review of your experience with us, we are committed to providing opportunities for our people to progress their careers and this is something that is very important to us.

7. "Reasonable Pay for role, progression opportunities"

Former Employee - Quality Assurance in Brighton, England

I worked at Domestic & General Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

reasonable pay for the role, bonus schemes which are acheivable, lots of opportunities to take on extra responsibility if you want to, opportunities to progress within the company, L&D, nice people to work along side, flexi hours

Cons

Some IT issues were not resolved quick enough which meant I couldn't complete tasks properly.

June 19, 2020Site Director

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your review, it's great to read that you enjoyed your time in your role at our Brighton office as we are focused on ensuring that our offices are great places to work for all of our employees. We do take all feedback seriously and are always looking for ways to improve. If you would like to discuss in more detail then please contact me - chris.goudie@domesticandgeneral.com (Chris Goudie - Site Director)

8. "Not the best"

2.0
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative

I worked at Domestic & General Group full-time

Pros

Potential to earn is there and there is potential for growth in the company.

Cons

Nature of the work. Selling people insurance they don't need.

June 19, 2020Site Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, it's a shame that you felt the nature of the work was not right for you. We pride ourselves on insuring we can protect our customers essential items, whilst keeping their world running. Currently, we look after over 16 million customers globally, who find great value and peace of mind in our service.

9. "Wouldn't recommend"

2.0
    Former Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative in Bedworth, England

I worked at Domestic & General Group full-time

Pros

Good rates of hourly pay.

Cons

Poor management very repetitive job no room for promotion

June 19, 2020Site Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. It's disappointing to read your feedback in relation to your experience with us. Effective leadership of our people is of paramount importance to us and we are committed to providing our employees with opportunities to progress within a rewarding career. If you would like to discuss this further directly please do get in contact - Tony.Krzoska@domesticandgeneral.com.

10. "Good overall"

Current Employee - Customer Support Representative in Brighton, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Domestic & General Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Easy job, loads to talk

Cons

Very draining, having to deal with unhappy customers at the most

June 19, 2020Site Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. It's great to read that you are enjoying your role and that you recommend Domestic and General as an employer. We do take all feedback seriously and are always keen to look at ways we can improve. If you would like to discuss any improvements further then please do contact me - chris.goudie@domesticandgeneral.com (Chris Goudie - Site Director).

Found 365 reviews