Dreamlines Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 17 Jan 2020

2.3
Dreamlines Co-Founder / Managing Director Felix Schneider
Felix Schneider
Pros
  • "Good atmosphere and environment, team-events, drinks and fruits(in 4 reviews)

• "t, Kollegenzusammenhalt, Lage des Office, schnelle(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "(in 2 reviews)

• "tzung ist leider von der einzelnen F(in 2 reviews)

1. "Not a very comfortable time"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hamburg

I worked at Dreamlines full-time

Pros

Generally the colleagues and the office location Some flexibility in work hours if outside Sales If respected by Management, you can probably have a long term career here

Cons

There are many areas I was able to see that would require improvement but the most important one in my opinion is honesty with employees. I had been really looking forward to work for the company, unfortunately I started right after the first wave of firing. Throughout my probation period I didn't feel save in my position and constantly worried about being fired, which resulted in a lower performance compared to what I usually would deliver. This came mainly from other colleagues being fired within or before the end of the probation and I was unable to find out the reason for it. This deterred me from speaking out and making my opinion heard, I certainly was given the feeling that it didn't matter anyway since management decided how things are going to work, even if I saw faults with the tasks given. The atmosphere was tense most of the time and quite a few important information were only heard via gossip, where you could not be sure if it was true or not. The overall strategy from the business is in my view catastrophic and only relates to the incoming profit rather then building a long term view for the business. I had the feeling that the founder/manager would just sell the business eventually. It also didn't help that management appeared very bored during the Friday meeting and gave consistently the impression of not wanting to be there The company is trying to improve and some people work very hard and with a great understanding of what needs to be done, but others from higher up are not quite on board and don't appear to want to listen to other ideas or suggestions. In the end it was best for me to move on.

Advice to Management

It should be made very clear of what is expected from the individuals during the introduction to different tasks . The OKR's should be aligned and give a clear benefit to the business and it should include tasks with other benefits than just profit I wish they would have been more honest and open on where they want to lead the employees and inform them about low performances in a more constructive way, this just confirms the hire/fire mentality mentioned on other online reviews

Dreamlines2020-01-07
  2. "Culture Difference"

Former Employee - Operations in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Dreamlines full-time

Pros

Nice Office in a good location.

Cons

Leadership, the company is based outside the US. The culture does not translate great in US territory.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees

Dreamlines2020-01-17
  3. "Still startup like work culture"

Former Employee - Consulting Hardware Engineer

I worked at Dreamlines full-time

Pros

Just a few motivated people to use state of the art technologies

Cons

Too much unnecessary work pressure from higher management Although the company founded in 2012 and it has been more than 7 years now, but the looking at the company management strategies(like hire and fire people in probation) and decision making (which changes every now and then), still gives the impression that the company is still not stable and rushing through on its strategies without thinking about employees.

Advice to Management

Please stop hiring and firing people in probation. People fly from another country just to start a new life and firing them in their probation puts extra pressure on them. Instead, a more vigorous hiring process to filter on people while interviewing would be more legitimate.

Dreamlines2020-01-08
  4. "Sales Agent"

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Hamburg

I have been working at Dreamlines full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Agressive bonus system, possibility of making a high salary - a lot of benefits, parties, happy hours, games room, relax room - extra vacation days for old employees, special pension system - team spirit, colaboration, young energetic environment

Cons

- tough targets to reach, we play hard but we work hard too

Advice to Management

I don´t agree with the reviews that there´s no information, there is Newsletters, constant stand-up meetings to share info, there is global meeting every friday to connect and update everyone. Some people don´t come to the meetings and then complain. I believe the management is not perferfect but they do a good job.

Dreamlines2019-12-11

"Would not work there again"

I worked at Dreamlines full-time

Pros

international environment is quite fine

Cons

processes are bad, they do not care about people in general, systems are very bad

Dreamlines2019-11-11
  6. "People from C level are best .But few people judge you on unprofessional background ."

I worked at Dreamlines part-time

Pros

Nice workplace,culture,office in city centre.

Cons

Feedbacks are good ,but one sided feedbacks are not helpful. During my tenure,I had to face insults on personal level , professional level from my own colleagues and hr knew about it but didn't do anything .I still regret my decision to join streamlines which brought a lot of negativity in my life. I don't belong to Germany and I had to go through a lot to reach here and I had to face lot of insult during my tenure. Yes, it is true that the CEO and CPO and many people are really cool and nice and are lovable but it is also true that few people who are aggresive should be addressed immediately because of their behaviour towards other colleagues. This company is nice and has a potential to be a leader,but please take care of your employees.

Advice to Management

Please don't hire a C level person who believes in hire and fire mentality and only thinks about his own targets but not for the company.

Dreamlines2019-10-18

"Really bad"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hamburg

I worked at Dreamlines full-time

Pros

Office directly located in city center, modern tools used

Cons

People are treated badly and in a disrespectful manner by management, no appreciation at all. Middle management absolutely powerless. Awful working atmosphere, no cooperation, no common ground.

Dreamlines2019-07-15
  8. "Not a good working place"

Former Employee - After Sales in Hamburg

I worked at Dreamlines full-time for more than a year

Pros

The colleagues were really great

Cons

- workings hours -shifts - no flexibility for holidays, days off - not seasonal = permanent stress, no real time to regenerate - Manangment is not qualified - Just selected people were allowed for fam trips - Bonussystem not fair through out the company - changes are hard to implement - C-level has no clue about working conditions and dissatisfactiom of employees

Dreamlines2019-04-16

"Cruise Consultant"

Current Employee - Cruise Consultant in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Dreamlines part-time for less than a year

Pros

free snacks and most coworkers are nice

Cons

misrepresentation of opportunity, not enough leads, horrible and ineffective management, micromanagement, unorganized, poor training, lack of direction, too much time wasted in meetings

Advice to Management

be honest about opportunity and potential income, get team leaders with experience

Dreamlines2019-01-16
  10. "Great working and learning experience!"

Former Employee - Junior Project Manager in Hamburg

I worked at Dreamlines full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best part was the young, international and energetic culture of the company, starting with the C level team, everyone has an open mind and will treat all employees as part of the team. Excellent environment to learn new skills and develop your ideas, something that not many companies will offer employees.

Cons

The pay was low, even though they have plenty of added benefits. Benefits were also great as the company offered yoga classes, after-work drinks, however, these benefits were great only for those who don't have families or responsibilities aside from the job.

Advice to Management

Keep your good employees Be more open and communicative with your team

Dreamlines2018-08-03