Duedil Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2021

Found 40 of over 44 reviews

4.2
Duedil CEO Justin Fitzpatrick (no image)
Justin Fitzpatrick
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company and culture

Jan 15, 2021 - Product Marketing Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Generally the culture was great and the company was filled with some incredibly intelligent and ambitious people.

Cons

Fairly typical cons of a startup culture (to go along with many of the benefits) - sometimes long hours etc.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee

Senior Devops

Jul 25, 2021 - Devops Engineer in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great to work in and company

Cons

Team working is lacking in some aspects

3. 2.0
    Former Employee

Sadly not somewhere I would recommend

Jul 5, 2021 - EAM in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and team spirit An exciting core mission, to help small businesses access finance by removing friction in digital lending and create competition outside of the large high street banks

Cons

Unfortunately the company is let down in my view by poor management at the senior level, and I would not wish any one close to me to have to rely on this exec team to support my career. I would recommend to anyone looking for an entry level position for a few years, but sadly it's not somewhere to achieve long term success

4 people found this review helpful
  4. 4.0

Friendly and creative environment

Jun 24, 2021 - Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

smart colleagues good culture friendly environment

Cons

not as agile as it could be to take advantage of the opportunities

5. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Not good for your mental health

Jul 14, 2021 - Enterprise Account Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting pitch + colleagues but struggle with anything else

Cons

As mentioned below this is not a great career move. The environment is stressful/ blameful from the top down and not in a productive sense but from a, "we can't miss another quarter as our investors are pressurising us and won't give us more money." Sales is an individual sport but the concept of support from marketing, SDRs, BDRs, partnership network is none existent. EVERYTHING is reliant on you and don't expect any support/ encouragement from leadership if you're off target. When you combine that with a niche product ,which hasn't developed in years along with other product failures, your TAM is extremely slim but strangely in my time this still resulted in raised targets. The road is littered with former employees not just from sales (check Linkedin) due to all the reasons mentioned above and more. Don't be surprised if you see some more positive reviews quickly appear after mine. HR are pretty on it with muddying the water..... I'd advise to get concrete answers on: 1. close won rate? 2. how many EAM have hit target over the previous 4 quarters? 3. What product devs have happened over the past year? 4. What has the turnover of EAM been? 5. Average deal cycle? 6. Split between leads + self generated? 7. What level of quota did the top EAM hit? 8. WHAT IS THEIR SITUATION WITH FUNDING?

1 person found this review helpful

Duedil Response

Miss

First of all, thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry that you felt like you could not speak on some of the points that you have raised. One of the things we are passionate about is that we take all feedback seriously and we work to make things better for everyone concerned. I would like to clarify some of the points that you have made You mentioned that you were with us for 3 years, in that time yes you will have seen the move away from SDR led sales, we purposely made the decision to hire Enterprise level Account Managers who could operate at C-suite level with all the challenges that that brings. I won’t lie, like many companies we have had products that we have tried and decided were not in our best interest to pursue, you will have seen our recent focus on KYB for Life and the validation that is getting within the market. Product development is a key focus for us for the future and whilst it’s not always been perfect, it has become a mainstay of our focus for the long term. With regards to more reviews appearing, we do ask people at exit interviews to add their thoughts to Glassdoor, good or bad especially if there is something that on reflection they felt we should know. So, once again, thank you for your responses!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company, great leadership, great culture

Dec 26, 2020 - Enterprise Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Where the company is going (API driven). This is hugely setting up the company for success in the long term - Very smart people - Great management (and very human) - Great Culture - Very relevant Business Model and Value Proposition

Cons

- Experienced none at this point

7. 1.0

Toxic blame culture

Dec 21, 2020 - Marketing in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free snacks but struggle with anything else

Cons

Management constantly lacks successful execution of any kind at a strategic high level and at departmental level which is evidenced in their constant quarterly under performance and what seems like constant fight/ struggle to raise money.

4 people found this review helpful
  8. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

A great 'family' business that finally understands its customers

Jan 28, 2020 - Product Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

A lovely company with great office atmosphere and team spirit. Working at DueDil feels like being part of a family. Diverse and likeable staff. Nice offices in a great location. Some meaty engineering challenges to get stuck in to, particularly if you like data. After a few years of searching, DueDil finally understands its value proposition and ideal customers, as evidenced by recent success in the British Banking Awards.

Cons

As mentioned above, it took DueDil a few years to fully understand its value proposition and target markets. Some of the early investors were disappointed and fund raising was an ever-present concern, leading to high staff turnover at times. Management has since done a great job in right-sizing the ambition and building a more sustainable story. At the time I left, there wasn't a lot of career development runway ahead of me.

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Supportive and ambitious

Nov 6, 2019 - Marketing Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Before joining DueDil, I had received two job offers - I chose DueDil over the other company because during the interview process I sensed that the people were authentic, down-to-earth and had each other's backs and that's exactly how things have played out. In my own role I can say that the company has given me the opportunity to run with the ball and take on responsibilities outside of my initial remit. In under a year I've gained a wealth of new experiences and had the opportunity to work with senior management and board members. Benefits are pretty standard, including free lunch on a Friday, Vitality healthcare etc. Six month probation period and three month notice period - but that seems to fairly common these days. Office closes over Christmas which is great, nothing worse than commuting in on the 27th December and being sent home at noon.

Cons

Hours are 9 to 6, but there's some flexibility (you won't have to beg for time off for a dentist appointment like some places). There's been a lot of changes in the company and things are moving fast which creates opportunities, but also raises expectations. Ambitious plans are good, but success always comes down to having the enough time and enough investment.

10. 3.0

Not good in engineering

Oct 26, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

location is good, lots of free food, but again that costs little money, work from home

Cons

Engineering in this company is in the hands of unexperienced people. Bad practices everywhere, poor choices. This is due to many in key positions that have been many years and are hard at changing or simply have no idea of how the job in done elsewhere. Technical direction at C and D levels is also poor and bad choices are taken. People leave and they take with them all knowledge of many custom made hacks that keep everything running. Company is skint and does not spend much on the employees. They claim a lot of things, like a "generous learning budget", but it is peanuts and only enough to buy a couple of books or do a cheap online course. No bonuses, sometime they give a bonus in the form of an amazon gift card a hug and that's it! You have to be pretending all time enthusiasm in a 10 years old company/startup that always failed to break even and likely will never, if you don't then you're frown at. Stressful, because of poor organisation. Interview is smoke and mirrors, be very suspicious and careful. -- It is not a machine learning job --

5 people found this review helpful

Duedil Response

CEO

Thanks for taking the time to write. You've raised some significant points.First of all, I wish we had this conversation in person while you were here. Getting better requires us to listen to criticism, even when it's uncomfortable. Part of the reason we run regular team meetings, one to ones, team surveys and engage across all parts of the business as a leadership team is because we want people to speak up if they have ideas about how we can improve. The recent transition to cross-functional product and engineering teams is one example of how we've tried to give greater independence and decision-making power to the people closest to the building and supporting the product. This change was prompted by feedback from people in the team.We're proud that we have engineers with long tenure, and while some may have had limited experience in other companies, we believe that if someone has proven themselves then they deserve to be promoted regardless of how many companies they've worked in previously. That said, bringing outside perspectives is often useful, which is why we've made a number of recent hires in both product and engineering who have experience working in a mix of companies.Finally, personal and professional development is something we want people thinking about every day. We%E2%80%99ve received largely positive feedback on the training allocation we make for all members of the team, and we have people studying everything from Python to Spanish. When people have taken initiative to suggest other outside courses or conferences they%E2%80%99d like to attend we always do our best to support them. This is in addition to the internal trainings we run on everything from interviewing to emotional intelligence and presenting.We%E2%80%99re committed to continually improve, and will take your feedback on board. Best of luck in your next role.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 40 Reviews