Duedil Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Duedil Reviews

Updated 10 September 2018

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great culture and product, work hard and play hard!"

I have been working at Duedil full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Good base salary for the industry
    - Culture is fantastic: management really looks after employees and want to make sure people are happy
    - Office is full of smart people ready to help even if they have nothing to gain from it.
    - Big investment in people
    - Management mixes with employees which creates a good atmosphere
    - Marketing team super active to generate leads for sales
    - Startup culture but company has a proper structure/workflows
    - free Friday lunch and free booze!
    -2017 is the year, probably the best time to join Duedil as we are in hyper growth so lots of progression opportunities

Cons

- be prepared to work long hours if you want to succeed, this job won't be right for you if you just want to clock in and clock out. You need to be engaged ( I wouldn't qualify that as a bad thing but it's the only appropriate place I can mention it)
    - sales cycle can be longer than what management thinks
    - looks like some issues happened in the past meaning low morale amongst employees that have been in the company for longer. However management has taken good steps to fix these issues and I am happy with what I have seen since I have joined.
    - inbound leads not always allocated fairly

Advice to Management

- internal communications should be improved
    - it's great to assume your team should be accountable but some aren't so pay attention to it and take the necessary steps to bring the focus back.

2 Mar 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you so much for your honest feedback and advice.
    Focus and communication are definitely high on our priority list at the moment, and we will look at everything else you have highlighted as... More

2. "Hard work but great opportunity"

I have been working at Duedil full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

DueDil is full of passionate, driven people and a great team environment. As a growing business there is tons of opportunity for taking on new challenges and personal development.

Cons

As a fast growing business, there's definitely a lot of work to get done and the pace is quick, so environment might not be for everyone. But if you are driven to build something it's not a negative.

11 May 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you so much for your review, and honest feedback about the pros and cons of our high growth environment.

"Rewarding work and fantastic culture"

I have been working at Duedil full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

DueDil is a fantastic place to build new skills and learn. I have been at the company 6 months and have thoroughly enjoyed being part of the team. You really feel like you can have a direct impact on the business as it grows. Whilst management and my peers are all friendly, approachable and fun!

Cons

None for me personally. Although the pace of change in a fast growing tech business may not be for all!

Advice to Management

Keep the culture and focus on team/individuals development as we grow.

2 Mar 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you so much for your feedback and advice.
    The culture is definitely something we take seriously and endeavour to maintain through ongoing growth.

"First year working in Engineering"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Duedil full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Highly skilled team - a lot can be learnt from code reviews or just asking questions
    Great culture across the company
    10% time to work on something that interests you
    Open to adopting new technology
    Lots of opportunities to learn (weekly talks, conferences, courses or books)
    Product managers and designers value your opinion

Cons

Drive to release features as often as possible may cause a small amount of stress at the end of a quarter.
    Lots of input into new features across the company can be a great thing but some people may prefer to have less change

Advice to Management

Keep the great culture as the company grows and keep the goals and ambitions high!

5. "Great Culture and working environment + carrier opportunities"

Current Employee - Engineer in London, England
    Current Employee - Engineer in London, England

Pros

Great Culture and working environment + carrier opportunities !

Cons

None so far (as far as engineering goes, and didn't hear anything bad about other departments).

"An amazing company to work for"

Pros

This has been an amazing company to work for and I'm really happy I joined. Everyone is incredibly helpful and competent at what they do. Not exaggerating when I say it's the best job I've had!

Cons

My only regret is a long commute, but that's not on the company

"Great opportunity to grow and play a part"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Duedil full-time

Pros

Working with brilliant people who are all extremely driven, but also generally helpful and approachable.
    Tech Friday’s and other regular company-wide talks are generally pretty awesome.
    You learn a lot, everyday.
    They care about professional development of staff and general welfare.
    DueDil employees are coveted by other companies (esp. developers) for a reason- working there will further your career.
    CEO and other senior leaders are always available and happy to chat.
    Genuine culture of innovation, always looking a number of steps ahead when it comes to solving problems or finding ways of doing things.
    Relaxed office environment and staff are treated like adults (eg. no one keeps time, unless you’re underperforming).
    Very transparent organisation, team is kept informed of what’s going on.

Cons

Can be stressful at times, esp. when projects are coming to crunch time, though this is probably not unique to them.
    Rarely time to ‘cool off’; the trade-off of working at a startup and playing a major part is that you’re always looking to the next thing and you don’t have the luxury of resting on your laurels.

Advice to Management

There could be a little more consultation on some decisions re. direction/projects.

"Simply the best!"

Current Employee - Sales in London, England

I have been working at Duedil (Less than a year)

Pros

Smart people, communicative and strong leadership, real sense of building something great, tastey free lunches, great camaraderie and potential to grow.

Cons

Genuinely can't think of anything particularly substantial , sorry!

Advice to Management

Keep on going - you guys are awesome!

"Great company"

Former Employee - Marketing in London, England
    Former Employee - Marketing in London, England

Pros

The people. Everyone who works at DueDil is kind/funny/smart. I've made some close friends there. It's also a challenging place to work, in a good way. You really have to bring your A game. It's also great that the CEO is really relatable and makes an effort to know everyone, listen to them, and keep the team in the loop so we don't feel like we're not important enough to be let in on company direction. I had that a lot in my last job. Free lunches are obviously a plus.

Cons

Sometimes things I worked on never came into fruition, which was frustrating. A lot going on, with competing priorities. Different people feeling right at the same time, with completely different opinions about what is "right". It caused some friction when it came to making decisions. Kind of the issue you get in a meritocracy but still better than bureaucracy.

Advice to Management

As you grow don't lose the DueDil culture!!!!

"average company, average HR .... Sales/ Account Manager"

Current Employee - Sales in London, England

I have been working at Duedil full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

the company is very fast pacing, high targets...and a lot of attrition . after reading what my colleagues had posted about the company, I wonder whether they are honest reviews or reviews posted by the HR team.

Cons

I still remember when I interviewed with them.... it took me 3 weeks to schedule an interview, basically bc HR did have any free slots in their calendar even though they send me a link greenhouse to book the interview... why the hell would you send your so called available times, if you do not really update it. I have been working for 1+ yr, and currently looking into alternatives to leave the company as soon as possible.