Really great place to do things like work and not work and work often and hard.
No downsides. Truly incredible place with incredible people and great folks al around
Great experience and turned into a very valuable experience
Pay could be a lot better
I have been working at Duke University full-time (More than 3 years)
- Great mission that goes beyond building the next generation of thinkers and leaders. So many centers exist doing internationally renowned work.
- Generous benefits (vacation, sick days, Duke at work challenges from HR)
- Coworkers feel like family
- Many stay with Duke for a lifetime and move around to different jobs - there are alot of opportunities.
- lower pay because it is a non-profit
- As a monthly employee you get paid once a month which can be tough to budget for
- Some people have been here for TOO long and don't put effort into their jobs but won't get fired.
Advice to Management
- develop and promote young staffers
I have been working at Duke University full-time (More than a year)
collaborative environment, smart peers, opportunities to grow
lack of structure, low pay
I worked at Duke University part-time
students are bright, motivated to succeed and learn
job security is almost nonexistent for adjunct faculty
I worked at Duke University full-time
Interesting projects, knowledgeable advisors, very supportive environment, nice nursing and child care program for working mom
As a postdoctoral researcher, pay is not high, have to work overtime sometimes
I worked at Duke University full-time (More than 5 years)
Exposure to complex diseases
Salary is ok, not as competitive with others, administration are working on this to keep staff.
I have been working at Duke University full-time (More than 5 years)
-High stipend, guaranteed funding via TAships for five years, strong institutional resources
-Not the most diverse workplace, certain departments e.g. humanities receive less institutional support, some upper level management have failed at public issues regarding inclusion/diversity
I have been working at Duke University full-time
Lots of good labs and research here
Salary is low, as is universally true for post-docs.
I love working here, the staff is great and very flexible. Duke has great benefits and is surrounded by great people. Work hard, play hard enviornment
Must be highly motivated and able to work in a fast pace environment
This will replace the current featured review for targeted profile. Are you sure you want to replace it?
Are you sure you want to remove this review from being featured for targeted profile?