Duluth Trading Company Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 81 reviews

3.7
Duluth Trading Company CEO Stephanie Pugliese
Stephanie Pugliese
Pros
  • "Good employee discount, fun environment, excellent communication and awesome bosses(in 8 reviews)

• "Flexibility on schedule to maintain a healthy work life balance(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Poor management, no more than 12 hours per week part time(in 4 reviews)

• "Pay is lower that the competition, management is unprofessional, some are rude, some play favorites and not very good leaders or teachers(in 2 reviews)

1. "Scan items and put them into the required boxes"

Former Employee - Picker in Belleville, WI

I worked at Duluth Trading Company part-time for less than a year

Pros

Easy to do, not a lot of people like it, but I don’t.

Cons

You have to wait for more boxes to come, to be able to pick.

Advice to Management

You should’ve had more people help.

Duluth Trading Company2019-07-03

July 5, 2019HR Assistant

We appreciate your time and effort in providing feedback. We will take your advice and use it as a guide for company improvement.

2. "Men = 1% of workers: Women = 99% of workers. This is to your disadvantage."

Former Employee - Picker/Packer in Belleville, WI
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Duluth Trading Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

Easy work. Good on the job training.

Cons

No matter how nice you are, you will offend someone. You could be a deaf/mute male and still offend someone. Men are the minority and you will lose every argument or stance you need to voice. If one complaint occurs, it will never stop, just quit or don’t take the job at all. The pay is very low, lower than Walmart.

Advice to Management

Don’t believe everything you hear. If someone complains, don’t embarrass the person and confront them in front of their peers. Complaints should be handled by HR and not whomever is around. Don’t start reprimanding someone about other topics unless you have the burden of proof. Otherwise you’re looking to be sued. If you have a good worker who likes working there and they quit because of pressure from gender discrimination,...

Duluth Trading Company2019-07-17
  3. "Awesome!"

Former Employee - Sales Manager

I worked at Duluth Trading Company full-time

Pros

Loved my time here at Duluth!

Cons

Not enough upward movement in management

Duluth Trading Company2019-07-02

July 5, 2019HR Assistant

We appreciate your time and effort in providing feedback on Duluth Trading. One of our core values is that we strive for growth, both personally and collectively, and we will utilize your feedback as we are constantly looking for ways to improve the employee experience. We are glad ...

4. "Some good, some bad"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Manager

I have been working at Duluth Trading Company full-time

Pros

Benefits like most companies. Employee discount on clothes. A lot of autonomy at work.

Cons

Same issue with a lot of retail, understaffed, and feel like you can't get your job done. As the middle manager, you become the sales associate.

Advice to Management

More full-time employees. It would lead to more consistent work, and better service.

Duluth Trading Company2019-07-01

July 5, 2019HR Assistant

We appreciate your time and effort in providing feedback and we will take your advice as a guide for company improvement. We are glad to have you on our team!

5. "Manager"

Former Employee - Distribution Manager in Mount Horeb, WI

I worked at Duluth Trading Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nothing, used to be a good company. Too many people from Lands End came in and only know how to destroy a company. So sad...

Cons

The company was once great but too many Lands End losers got into management. Sat good bye to Duluth Trading.

Advice to Management

Get rid of Lands End people who only know how to destroy a company

Duluth Trading Company2019-07-21
  6. "Great job, poor management"

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Duluth Trading Company part-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay, coworkers, great discount, flexible hours

Cons

You have a manager to rely on but it doesn’t seem to matter as other managers micromanage. There’s no manager discretion and it’s chaos.

Advice to Management

Quality over quantity should be rethought. Keep poor agents that work to fast and make errors yet let go of the good ones that put customers first and actually listen - sad

Duluth Trading Company2019-06-15

June 18, 2019HR Assistant

"Lack of Leadership"

Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Lubbock, TX
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Duluth Trading Company part-time for more than a year

Pros

People you work with. Employee discount.

Cons

Poor management, no more than 12 hours per week part time. Most of the leads hang around talking with each other, a few work really hard or this store would close. New manager is a former lead and will hang around talking with his friends just like before (what a shame). Urinal has been broken for three months and never fixed even with repeated tickets. Part time employees have to clean bathrooms (people can be really...

Advice to Management

Top level company managers do not care. Even when approached about conditions they blow it off. Not a company with a future in our town. I give them two more years tops. Sales are sluggish. No investment in the community. Maybe they should run the store with only full time employees. They can’t find anyone to willingly work evenings-they ran them all off. At least 4 more people left after I did.

Duluth Trading Company2019-05-26

"Growing, great company"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Madison, WI

I worked at Duluth Trading Company part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible hours, decent pay, work from home, great discounts

Cons

No social outlet, easy to lose identity in a large company. When DTC went public with stock options, they didn't offer any to CSR's, we didn't get a chance to buy in through the company at all. It didn't make me feel like I was part of the team anymore.

Advice to Management

Quit pushing time, it stresses out the CSR's - Customers don't like to feel rushed.

Duluth Trading Company2019-05-05

May 6, 2019HR Assistant

9. "Great People, Opportunities to Advance"

Current Employee - Accounts Payable Clerk in Mount Horeb, WI

I have been working at Duluth Trading Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

Relaxed environment well maintaining a professional feel. Flexibility on schedule to maintain a healthy work life balance. Plenty of opportunities to advance your career once you get a foot in the door. Focused on growth for the company as well as individuals.

Cons

Salaries are on the low to average side. The operating system is not as advanced as it could be, lots of paper exchanging hands.

Duluth Trading Company2019-04-11

April 12, 2019HR Assistant

We appreciate your time and effort in providing feedback. We're glad to hear you enjoy the overall work environment at Duluth!

10. "Great store"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Noblesville, IN

I have been working at Duluth Trading Company part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent managers and friendly associates.

Cons

No negatives about this store.

Duluth Trading Company2019-04-11