Dyson Demonstrator Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.1
Dyson CEO Max Conze
Max Conze

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Can have more family time, this is work life balance (in 16 reviews)

• Customer focused, great products & a positive plan (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior Management need to listen to their teams and do something about it (in 18 reviews)

• Middle management not the most competent- many "years of service" style promotions (in 13 reviews)

1. "Dyson Demonstrator"

Current Employee - Product Demonstrator

Pros

Amazing staff discount
    Constant feedback on performance
    Great team work
    Managers very understanding and supportive
    Annual conference allows everyone to come together and is a great atmosphere to have the whole team under one roof.

Cons

Communication is poor. Managers don't reply quickly unless its urgent

Advice to Management

Be more responsive to staff

"Dyson Expert"

Current Employee - Dyson Demonstrator in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Dyson Demonstrator in Manchester, England

I have been working at Dyson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Full two day training is given down at the HQ, which is very beneficial. Lots of communication with other Dyson experts when working on the job and the best manager I have worked for.

Cons

Bonus scheme dependent on numerous different criteria. To be expected, but quite challenging to get. Extra work has to be done outside of working hours.

Advice to Management

Not many negatives to note. Keep doing what you are currently doing as I have never worked in such a motivated and well suited workforce. Due to the application process being quite lengthy you will find yourself working alongside other friendly, able individuals.

"Considerate and drives passion"

Current Employee - Demonstrator in Stoke-on-Trent, England
    Current Employee - Demonstrator in Stoke-on-Trent, England

I have been working at Dyson part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good targets - not too unrealistic, considerate management, knowledge driven, can keep up the faith in Dyson products. Good perks and can be a fun job

Cons

its not the company, its the store staff, they can be very hard work in some stores.

Advice to Management

nothing, everything is fine!

5. "Ethos and culture"

Current Employee - Demonstrator in Glasgow, Scotland
    Current Employee - Demonstrator in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at Dyson part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Above market rate pay,
    Among the best corporate cultures
    Management liase with all levels
    Market leader in many markets
    Global oppurtunities

Cons

Sometimes a lot of beaurocracy and inaction over relatively simple things
    Performance measurement is based only on numbers rather than customer satisfaction

"Demonstration Expert is a great Part Time Job"

Current Employee - Product Demonstrator

I have been working at Dyson part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not commission based
    Sharing information with the public about Dyson Technology, if you like talking to people and are good at relationship selling this job is for you.
    Ability to make in a two days what you would make at many 5 day a week part time jobs
    401K with good match

Cons

Opportunity for advancement is limited, best mindset is to view this as a part time opportunity
    Bonus plan exists but rarely achieved, think of any bonuses received as perk
    Often very slow to provide supplies needed to be in compliance with dress code and theater set up

Advice to Management

Hire a coordinator to handle the needs of the demonstrators and get them the supplies they need in a timely manner. Allow Demonstrators to order their own supplies and then just have managers approve.

"Demonstrator"

Current Employee - Product Demonstrator in East Hanover, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Product Demonstrator in East Hanover, NJ (US)

I have been working at Dyson part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Discount, its weekend work, not horrible for part time work

Cons

Expected to sell, but when you are put at a location with little or no inventory you are set up to fail

Advice to Management

Shorten Demo hours, 4 hours makes more sense if you want employees to stay focused.
    Train your Field Managers to have better people skills when it comes to dealing with sensitive issues, Manager in New Jersey is Horrible and many of the demonstrators are unhappy with him.

26 May 2017 – Talent Engagement Specialist

Hello thanks for writing a review and for leaving your recommendations. We're sorry to hear there is an issue within the team, we'll ensure these comments reach the right people shortly. If you have... More

"Great company!"

Current Employee - Product Demonstrator in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Product Demonstrator in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Pros

Relaxed work environment, very self-directed work. Lots of autonomy in the field, no micromanagment. Great work place for during school, and has lots different channels to potentially grow in.

Cons

Can't think of much for Dyson. Except Dyson Canada is fairly flat structure in terms of vertical movement. need to move to head office in England to vertically grow or go into other channels

Advice to Management

Great management here in Canada! Has a solid team of support, really don't have much things to say about the management other than keep up the good work. Dyson really live up to its name in terms of being a global company!

"Probably the best"

Current Employee - Dyson Demonstrator in Newport News, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Dyson Demonstrator in Newport News, VA (US)

I have been working at Dyson part-time

Pros

Easily the best job I've ever had (I'm only 24 though) high paying, super relaxed, hands on field work.

Managers are the tops, comes with incentives AND bonuses- they will treat you so so well.

Cons

Pay cycle is weird, gotta drive 45 minutes to location, only work weekends

Advice to Management

Nothing- they have this on lock!!! Simply the best.

27 Sep 2016 – Talent Engagement Specialist

Hi there, thanks very much for leaving a review. It's great to read about your enthusiasm for working at Dyson in the US. We'll ensure your comments are passed on to the right people shortly. Thanks... More

"Dyson Expert (formerly Demonstrator)"

Current Employee - Expert (Formerly Demonstrator) in Kansas City, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Expert (Formerly Demonstrator) in Kansas City, MO (US)

I have been working at Dyson (More than 3 years)

Pros

We get to explain and show off Dyson technology to consumers either before or after purchase. Dyson owners tend to be very loyal to the brand because of the quality and effectiveness of the products. They are also some of our best customers for new products being introduced. It is a pleasure to hear daily from people who are in love with their Dyson vacuums and blade-less fans. If any issues do arise, there are solutions for them, including free phone support, a first class customer service department, excellent warranties and technical service and even free preventive maintenance in many markets. The job we do is also a benefit to our owners for follow-up questions about their products and helping them to get the very most from all their Dyson products.

While there are some administrative tasks outside of the retail locations where we work, all work is paid for at the same rate, so we are encouraged to submit our admin work, training, work related phone calls, etc.

I've worked with several managers -- all very professional and supportive -- some of the best I've ever worked with.

We get to use many of the products at home, and have occasional opportunities to earn products of our own.

New product lines being developed and introduced. Dyson is a very forward leaning company.

The work is strictly part-time.

Cons

This job is a rare gem -- working the the very best products, excellent people, in pleasant locations. All you need to bring with you is a willingness to learn, a helpful spirit, and a great attitude. I can think of no drawbacks.

Advice to Management

I personally prefer the bonuses being based on our team effort, as they have been for the last several years I have worked with the company.

31 Oct 2016 – Talent Engagement Specialist

Hi there, thanks very much for leaving a detailed review. It's great to hear you speak so positively of your time working at Dyson working with customers and sharing our story and technology so... More

11. "Product Demostrator"

Current Employee - Product Demonstrator

Pros

Great company to work for.

Cons

No commission straight hourly pay! People would sell more if it benefit them more! Wonderful products! Not enough to survive on!

14 Jul 2016 – Talent Engagement Specialist

Thank you very much for your review of Dyson. It's nice to read your positive comments about being a great company. We regularly monitor the market to keep in line with our competitors in terms of... More