Dyson Dyson Demonstrator Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.8
Dyson CEO Max Conze
Max Conze

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Can have more family time, this is work life balance (in 16 reviews)

• Customer focused, great products & a positive plan (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior Management need to listen to their teams and do something about it (in 18 reviews)

• Middle management not the most competent- many "years of service" style promotions (in 13 reviews)

"Dyson Expert"

Current Employee - Dyson Demonstrator in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Dyson Demonstrator in Manchester, England

I have been working at Dyson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Full two day training is given down at the HQ, which is very beneficial. Lots of communication with other Dyson experts when working on the job and the best manager I have worked for.

Cons

Bonus scheme dependent on numerous different criteria. To be expected, but quite challenging to get. Extra work has to be done outside of working hours.

Advice to Management

Not many negatives to note. Keep doing what you are currently doing as I have never worked in such a motivated and well suited workforce. Due to the application process being quite lengthy you will find yourself working alongside other friendly, able individuals.

"Probably the best"

Current Employee - Dyson Demonstrator in Newport News, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Dyson Demonstrator in Newport News, VA (US)

I have been working at Dyson part-time

Pros

Easily the best job I've ever had (I'm only 24 though) high paying, super relaxed, hands on field work.

Managers are the tops, comes with incentives AND bonuses- they will treat you so so well.

Cons

Pay cycle is weird, gotta drive 45 minutes to location, only work weekends

Advice to Management

Nothing- they have this on lock!!! Simply the best.

Dyson Response

27 Sep 2016 – Talent Engagement Specialist

Hi there, thanks very much for leaving a review. It's great to read about your enthusiasm for working at Dyson in the US. We'll ensure your comments are passed on to the right people shortly. Thanks... More

"Sales Demonstrator"

Current Employee - Dyson Demonstrator in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Dyson Demonstrator in Chicago, IL (US)

Pros

Great culture and management.
    Wonderful interview.
    Great technology and you learn a lot along the way.
    My boss in my district is very helpful.

Cons

You work on the weekends and you work alone.

Advice to Management

Come out and work with us sometime. Upper management should throw on a shirt and join the field sales team for a day to hear what some customers have to say.

"Best Part-Time Job I Ever Had!"

Former Employee - Dyson Demonstrator in Frisco, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Dyson Demonstrator in Frisco, TX (US)

I worked at Dyson part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent product training, regular tutorials for better product understanding and marketing, flexible schedule, good compensation and available benefits, additional demonstration shift opportunities, close proximity to work locations and the opportunity to demonstrate the best product on the market.

Cons

Limited opportunities for advancement due to the dedication and loyalty of the employees to the company, and the company to its employees. Physical demands of standing for extended periods can become problematic for those with physical limitations.

Advice to Management

My only advice to Dyson corporate would be to expand the demonstrator corps in major markets for the simplest of reasons, that when consumer merely look at price tags or pretty pictures and marketing hyperbole on product boxes, they don't get to know the Dyson difference.

"Dyson is the Best Company I have ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Dyson Demonstrator in Baltimore, MD (US)
    Current Employee - Dyson Demonstrator in Baltimore, MD (US)

I have been working at Dyson part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Professional and Caring managers, Supportive and Encouraging, A company that really respects and appreciates it's employees and rewards them generously and gives them continued recognition for a job well done. I love my job and this company!

Cons

None, Other than I wish I could work more hours on a regular basis, my position is part-time. But, when special events or days come up we are always offered the opportunity to pick up more hours on an as needed basis. No complaints at all.
    Wish there were more offices near my home so that I could work full-time. Plenty of opportunity if you live in the Chicago area.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you do. You always are looking to do the best for your employees and Dyson. I would like to see an addition of a merit raise and yearly review if that is feasible for part time workers. Define ways that part-time employees can advance. Other than that you are the best! Thank you!

"Great job for full time students"

Current Employee - Dyson Demonstrator in Melrose Park, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Dyson Demonstrator in Melrose Park, IL (US)

I have been working at Dyson part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No boss breathing down your neck, good pay for a part time job, easy work, mileage reimbursement, set schedule,

Cons

Down time is boring, not organized with demo ppl (we are the step children), promised a raise after 90 days and that was a lie,

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to the demo ppl and trains them correctly. some ppl have been there for 5 months and are barely learning things they should've learned months ago.

Dyson Response

15 Dec 2014 – District Demonstration Manager

Thank you for your feedback on the position.

Dyson Demonstrators work directly for Dyson. While other companies hire product demonstrators who may showcase a different product from a different... More