Dyson Product Demonstrator Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Jim Rowan
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Senior Management need to listen to their teams and do something about it (in 18 reviews)

• Middle management not the most competent- many "years of service" style promotions (in 13 reviews)

1. "Dyson Demonstrator"

Current Employee - Product Demonstrator

Pros

Amazing staff discount
    Constant feedback on performance
    Great team work
    Managers very understanding and supportive
    Annual conference allows everyone to come together and is a great atmosphere to have the whole team under one roof.

Cons

Communication is poor. Managers don't reply quickly unless its urgent

Advice to Management

Be more responsive to staff

2. "Product Demonstrator/ Sales"

Former Employee - Product Demonstrator in Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Product Demonstrator in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at Dyson part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great product /Great people/Good pay/

Cons

No commissions Perks made up for it, though :)

Advice to Management

No advice...loved my job...worked for them for four years.

"Demonstration Expert is a great Part Time Job"

Current Employee - Product Demonstrator

I have been working at Dyson part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not commission based
    Sharing information with the public about Dyson Technology, if you like talking to people and are good at relationship selling this job is for you.
    Ability to make in a two days what you would make at many 5 day a week part time jobs
    401K with good match

Cons

Opportunity for advancement is limited, best mindset is to view this as a part time opportunity
    Bonus plan exists but rarely achieved, think of any bonuses received as perk
    Often very slow to provide supplies needed to be in compliance with dress code and theater set up

Advice to Management

Hire a coordinator to handle the needs of the demonstrators and get them the supplies they need in a timely manner. Allow Demonstrators to order their own supplies and then just have managers approve.

"Demonstrator"

Current Employee - Product Demonstrator in East Hanover, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Product Demonstrator in East Hanover, NJ (US)

I have been working at Dyson part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Discount, its weekend work, not horrible for part time work

Cons

Expected to sell, but when you are put at a location with little or no inventory you are set up to fail

Advice to Management

Shorten Demo hours, 4 hours makes more sense if you want employees to stay focused.
    Train your Field Managers to have better people skills when it comes to dealing with sensitive issues, Manager in New Jersey is Horrible and many of the demonstrators are unhappy with him.

Dyson Response

26 May 2017 – Talent Engagement Specialist

Hello thanks for writing a review and for leaving your recommendations. We're sorry to hear there is an issue within the team, we'll ensure these comments reach the right people shortly. If you have... More

"Great company!"

Current Employee - Product Demonstrator in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Product Demonstrator in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Pros

Relaxed work environment, very self-directed work. Lots of autonomy in the field, no micromanagment. Great work place for during school, and has lots different channels to potentially grow in.

Cons

Can't think of much for Dyson. Except Dyson Canada is fairly flat structure in terms of vertical movement. need to move to head office in England to vertically grow or go into other channels

Advice to Management

Great management here in Canada! Has a solid team of support, really don't have much things to say about the management other than keep up the good work. Dyson really live up to its name in terms of being a global company!

7. "Product Demostrator"

Current Employee - Product Demonstrator

Pros

Great company to work for.

Cons

No commission straight hourly pay! People would sell more if it benefit them more! Wonderful products! Not enough to survive on!

Dyson Response

14 Jul 2016 – Talent Engagement Specialist

Thank you very much for your review of Dyson. It's nice to read your positive comments about being a great company. We regularly monitor the market to keep in line with our competitors in terms of... More

"product demonstrator"

Current Employee - Product Demonstrator in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Product Demonstrator in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Dyson part-time (More than a year)

Pros

work only 2 days a week , reimbursed for any expense FREE Dyson products to use in your home
    responsive management , part of one of the most innovative 21st century thinking company on the planet , room for advancement as they prefer to promote from within.

Cons

part of a bonus structure that does not reflect your individual efforts ...you are awarded bonus when everyone in the USA reaches the company goal for sales and warranty registration , which happens every quarter

Advice to Management

create a reward system where individuals who shine are rewarded for their extra efforts to do so

"Interesting Experience"

Former Employee - Product Demonstrator in Portland, OR (US)
    Former Employee - Product Demonstrator in Portland, OR (US)

I worked at Dyson part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Interview and hiring process was very comfortable. I really respected my regional manager, he was a good guy. The hourly pay for part-time retail work was also good, and traveled to Dyson's Chicago office for training -- flight and hotel paid for. It felt like a self-managing position for the most part as you worked on your own while demo'ing. Got a bunch of Dyson products shipped to my door and was able to use them for personal use, in addition to demonstrating them. Travel to and from demo locations were reimbursed, and so were some other misc expenses.

Cons

Didn't have any weekends to myself while I worked for them (I was given two 8 hour shifts per week: one on Saturday and the other on Sunday), reimbursement credit seemed like it took forever before you got it back, had to spend 30-60 minutes online after arriving home from an 8 hour day to report to Dyson how many units were sold + give other misc information about the shift. There were also these random & annoying early morning telephone conferences at times before heading out to your shift.

Advice to Management

N/A

"Innovative Company"

Current Employee - Product Demonstrator

Pros

Dyson is an excellent company to work for. Our company has great managers from the senior executives to the mid-level managers. Leadership can make or break workplace culture. Dyson does a great job selecting the right people to lead.

Cons

I wish Dyson had offices in Atlanta. I currently work in a sales capacity for Dyson and I am interested in taking on more marketing duties, but that would require relocating to Chicago.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is keep doing what your doing. Dyson management is transparent and has done a great job creating a breathable environment.