E-Cigarette Direct Sales Manager Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

E-Cigarette Direct Sales Manager Reviews

Updated 6 Dec 2019

4.8
E-Cigarette Direct CEO Jon Nelsey (no image)
Jon Nelsey
  1. "What a wonderful place to work!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Maidenhead, England

I have been working at E-Cigarette Direct full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have worked for ECD since September 2017 after being with my previous company for 5 years and I can confidently say this is the best company I have ever worked for. They genuinely care about you and your well being, offer great perks and opportunities and most importantly, trust us as employees! They want to help people develop in their role as well as offering support in and out of the workplace. The company have... great core values that resonate with me and I feel proud to work for such a brilliant company.

Cons

There aren't many, however lone working in store is the one that springs to mind. This doesn't happen often (mainly covering holiday/days off etc) but it can be a lonely from time to time. Bonus can also be quite hard to achieve if you don't feel everyone in your store is putting in the same effort but area managers are so open and easy to talk to that this could be remedied with a little help from them.

Advice to Management

Keep making this a great place to work, its brilliant to watch the company evolve!

E-Cigarette Direct2019-02-06
  2. "Ok but communication needs work"

Former Employee - Sales Manager

I worked at E-Cigarette Direct full-time

Pros

Colleagues and staff discount are good

Cons

Communication between management and staff isn’t great

E-Cigarette Direct2019-12-06
  3. "Great company"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

I have been working at E-Cigarette Direct full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Really good work ethics. Good pay and some great benefits. Really great support from head office.

Cons

Lone working as it can get very lonely

Advice to Management

Only to look into how many shift's we are still working alone.

E-Cigarette Direct2019-10-14
  4. "90 days in and loving it."

Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at E-Cigarette Direct full-time for less than a year

Pros

After recently passing my probation in my current role, I felt I had the experience necessary to comment on the pros and cons of the company, and not only is ECD the most professional company that I've encountered in the vaping industry, they are also the kindest and the most supportive. Huge focus on development and the bigger picture, and a refreshing outlook on customer service, rather than on hard sales. I... couldn't ask for a better role or a better team.

Cons

None - a great company that I'm proud to work for.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

E-Cigarette Direct2018-12-21
  5. "Retail Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Manager in Neath, Wales

I have been working at E-Cigarette Direct full-time for less than a year

Pros

From day one I have felt welcomed with open arms, and I can honestly say it is the best company I have ever worked for. It values it's employees and the work you do for them, they are very easy going and definitely support your needs.

Cons

I don't have any cons with the company, I am more than with all the work they do to make me and others feel at home.

Advice to Management

No advice, just keep up the hard work! You're all lovely.

E-Cigarette Direct2018-11-06
  6. "Employee in Carmarthenshire, Wales"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Carmarthen, Wales

I have been working at E-Cigarette Direct full-time for less than a year

Pros

An amazing atmosphere, you will be hard pressed to find a job filled with so many people that remember that at core we are only human. As long as we work as a team and do our best in a competent manner everything is really good, if you make a mistake and contact the team regarding the area you made a mistake in, it's all good because they will help you all the way to the end. A++ to the job.

Cons

"You must enter at least 5 words for Cons." Glassdoor is asking me to write cons when there are none.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, never seen a brighter group of people in my 20 years of working life in different area's of trade than you lot.

E-Cigarette Direct2018-08-31
  7. "Wonderful to work for and lovely people to work with"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Bridgwater, England

I have been working at E-Cigarette Direct full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good Salary, Training with people you work with, great staff and given key holder responsibility. Easy to contact Area Managers and Cluster Managers and good overall communication within the company. Family based company so Boxing day as a given day off which is rare in retail and very much appreciated.

Cons

Working weekends.. however usually every other sunday off which does not happen in retail. Can be expected to work in a different store at a moments notice. This however is only really a Con for people who don't like a bit of a challenge from time to time.

E-Cigarette Direct2018-06-06
  8. "excellent company to work for"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Barry, Wales

I have been working at E-Cigarette Direct full-time for less than a year

Pros

I find working for E-cigarette direct a fantastic place to work. Managers and work colleagues work as one, working together and very supportive. The salary is amazing for retail @ £9.66 PH. We are all classed as Sales Managers due to being Key holders and being fully responsible for the running of the store. I also get to work in other stores which is great to have the change and flexibility. The company is a... family run unit and very respectful of their employees. There are many perks working for this company and the opportunities to earn bonuses on store performance, which is fantastic to get a bonus for just doing your job. E-Cigarette Direct is probably the best company I've ever had the pleasure to worked for.

Cons

You are expected to work weekends, but it is retail after all. If you do want time off on the weekend the managers are very flexible to allow for this, as long as there is cover.

E-Cigarette Direct2018-05-14
  9. "Very good company to work for"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Cardiff, Wales

I worked at E-Cigarette Direct full-time for more than a year

Pros

I had the pleasure of working for e-cigarette direct for 4 months whereby I learned valuable skills. I found the company to be very supportive with very good values. I got to work in many of their stores and made good friendships with many. The hourly wage is very good, with good working practices. Additionally all staff get 50% discount on all products.

Cons

Cant think of any apart from you are expected to work weekends, however it is retail which is expected. (Not really a con but more of a pro, the company and the team are very supportive if you need the occasional day off over the weekend to party, as long as there is someone to cover you)

E-Cigarette Direct2018-02-20
  10. "Excellent company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Manager in Llanelli, Wales

I have been working at E-Cigarette Direct full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have worked for the company for over 4 years, and honestly I have never working for a better company, they are very supportive and care about their employees.

Cons

I really do not have any.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating.

E-Cigarette Direct2018-01-24