E. & J. Gallo Winery Reviews

Joe Gallo
  1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Director, Channel Sales Management in London, England

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

great people, great brands & fun place to work

Cons

i can't think of any

E. & J. Gallo Winery2019-05-20

May 22, 2019Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your feedback and all you do!

2. "A leading family owned company in the wine industry"

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Leading company in the wine industry Great campus in the US Program to grow and elevate people Family atmosphere, strong values

Cons

The big campus is in the US, the rest of the world has small teams and quite a flat hierarchy which means less opportunity to progress. They also don't have as many benefits.

E. & J. Gallo Winery2019-06-19

June 21, 2019Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for your review. We will be sharing your feedback with our Sr. Leadership teams, but if you would like to discuss your concerns directly, you can contact us confidentially via feedback@ejgallo.com.

3. "Good place to work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible hours, Friendly colleagues, Leadership very approachable and supportive, Environment is great, Bonuses, Career opportunities (US), Health insurance, Development support

Cons

Holidays and parental leave could be better (is the standard for an American company), Career Opportunities (outside the US, due to the size of the office)

E. & J. Gallo Winery2019-05-22

May 23, 2019Human Resources Leadership

Thank you very much for your Glassdoor post. We appreciate you taking the time to give us valuable feedback. All our EMEA employees are invited to attend quarterly business update meetings which are hosted by our VP, General Manager, EMEA. If you would like to submit questions in advance of the meeting we will make sure we remind employees to do so when we issue the invitation in July. The other items you identified would be ideal to review with you individually, so please do reach out so we can discuss this in greater detail and fully understand your recommendation. We look forward to hearing from you! Best Regards, Sharon Wigglesworth Sr. Director, Human Resources

4. "Great"

4.0

I worked at E. & J. Gallo Winery

Pros

Great perks Friendly team Diverse team Good for CV

Cons

Conservative Lower than average salary PC no Macs Office not downtown

E. & J. Gallo Winery2018-11-22

November 26, 2018Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for your review, we appreciate it!

5. "Good company, but some management a little old fashioned"

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for less than a year

Pros

+ annual family event + you do get some freebies!!

Cons

- not very forward thinking at times

E. & J. Gallo Winery2018-05-10

May 11, 2018Human Resources Leadership

We appreciate both your review and your feedback and we wish you the very best in your future career endeavors. Cheers!

6. "Started recently at Gallo and really enjoying it. A great place to come to work every day."

Current Employee - Finance in Uxbridge, England

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for less than a year

Pros

From my first interview I was made to feel so at ease. Such a nice atmosphere. It really is like a family! A really supportive environment. I've never felt like I couldn't approach someone with a question, which is so important for a new starter. Would definately recommend this as a great place to come to work everyday.

Cons

No cons I can think of. Location and role are ideal for me.

E. & J. Gallo Winery2018-04-15

April 17, 2018Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for your feedback. We are so glad you are enjoying your new role and office! Please continue to check in with us, we're listening. Welcome to the Gallo Family!

7. "Fantastic forward thinking company"

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in London, England

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for less than a year

Pros

A very inclusive company Lots of perks (Company Car, subsidised, Gym Membership and Generous pension) Good Employee loyalty with all the staff Very Supportive further Education and family time If you work hard you will be rewarded Very progressive thinking and lots of new ideas Flexible working environment No need for suits-smart casual working attire

Cons

It is a large company. Due to strong employee loyalty, naturally their's not much movement on current roles. Only new created roles. Head Office is in not central London

April 12, 2018Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and for your thoughtful feedback. We want to make sure that you feel like there are plentiful opportunities to grow your career, so if you have any concerns, we recommend that you reach out to you HR Leader or confidentially via feedback@ejgallo.com. Thanks again and we are so thankful to have you as part of the Gallo family!

8. "Great company, amazing people"

Current Employee - International UK Office in Uxbridge, England

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

One the best things about working at Gallo is the great culture and what really makes it a special place to work is the people. This company has a true 'family' feel.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons at this time.

April 12, 2018Human Resources Leadership

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review! We truly appreciate all that you do to make Gallo such a special place to work. Cheers!

9. "E&J Gallo EMEA"

5.0
    Current Employee - Fine Wine National Account Manager - Off Trade in Uxbridge, England

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for less than a year

Pros

A family company with a real family feel to it Super friendly people who all have a real passion for wine and the company (many of whom have worked for Gallo for 15-20 years which speaks for itself). A very professional company with some exciting plans ahead for the future Lots of NPD always released - constantly looking ahead Seem to really look after their staff well and are well awarded

Cons

Location wise it isn't in the middle of London so not the easiest to get to if coming via train for example

April 13, 2018Human Resources Leadership

We were thrilled to read your review! Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience and we appreciate all that you do to make our UK office so special. Cheers to you!

"..."

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

a lot of free lunch/trips

Cons

similar to other reviews - preference for long term staff to be placed in key positions. No real support to help development. No meaningful goals in place. poor structure

E. & J. Gallo Winery2018-03-21

March 22, 2018Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry that you had a less than favorable experience with Gallo. We pride ourselves on providing development opportunities for employees and appreciate your detailed feedback. All the best to you in your future career endeavors.

Found 843 reviews