E. & J. Gallo Winery Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Joe Gallo

"E&J Gallo 1 year"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Uxbridge, England

I worked at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good atmosphere and generous treatment of employees like lots of team lunches, days out

Cons

Preference for long term staff to be moved into key positions

Advice to Management

Try to make use of qualified professionals better instead of just promoting those who have been long term.

E. & J. Gallo Winery2017-08-17

August 23, 2017Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for your review. We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed your team/work environment! Employee development is critical to our success and we work hard to put the right people in the right places. We appreciate your suggestion as it relates to our Career Development process. ...

2. "Ehh"

Current Employee - Tasting Room Associate in Napa, CA

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for less than a year

Pros

Guaranteed hours Above average pay

Cons

Corporate vibe Hard to have higher ups listen to you

E. & J. Gallo Winery2019-07-13

"Assistant Marketing Manager"

Former Employee - Assistant Marketing Manager in Modesto, CA

I worked at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great experience, well respected company

Cons

Hard to get promotion and salary increase, location is terrible

E. & J. Gallo Winery2019-07-08

July 9, 2019Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for sharing your experience. We wish you the best of luck in the future!

• "Great Company and Great People"

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Boston, MA

I worked at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great work life balance and collaborative co-workers.

Cons

Compensation is slightly lower than expected for certain roles.

E. & J. Gallo Winery2019-06-27

June 28, 2019Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for your feedback. Best of luck to you!

• "Solid business, but current HR corporate goals are not inclusive of all people"

Current Employee - Full Time in Modesto, CA

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lots of good people that work here

Cons

Biased towards non-white males to fill quotas. I would not recommend a younger white male to work here at this time. Also, pay compared to the high cost of living is on the low end.

Advice to Management

Hire and promote the best people, not a number that looks good to things like Glassdoor They seem to care about this too much. Give raises to better reflect the high and rising cost of living in California.

E. & J. Gallo Winery2019-07-12

July 15, 2019Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for your review. I would like to continue the discussion to better understand your feedback. If you are open to having a confidential conversation, please contact me directly. Thank you for all you do. Susan Hensley Vice President, Human Resources

• "Well ran family owned business"

Current Employee - Individual Contributor in Modesto, CA

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

A family owned company that runs its business with a long-term focus. Gallo understands that its employees are an important component to their success and compensates accordingly. A lot of effort has been placed in improving the organizational culture and it is working; I feel like I am part of a large family. Between the culture, job security, and compensation; it is hard to convince yourself to leave for another...

Cons

Gallo functions like any large corporation with rivalries, cliques, and empire building. But if I were to identify one major opportunity it is: Gallo is conservative and is indecisive with slow bureaucratic processes impeding action, until something goes wrong. When something goes wrong, anxiety rises and the answer is to try to do everything now without really fully understanding the problem we are trying to solve....

Advice to Management

Failure is essential to learning. It should be embraced when practiced within a controlled environment. When we bet big, expect to succeed but prepare for the worse. Planning for failure is not being negative; it is essential to executing a successful project.

E. & J. Gallo Winery2019-06-20

June 20, 2019Human Resources Leadership

Thank you so much for your articulate and thoughtful review. We will be sharing it with our Executive and HR Leadership teams. Thanks for all you do and for your 8+ years at Gallo!

• "Possibilities are endless at E&J Gallo Winery!"

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The culture at Gallo is extremely warm and welcoming- it FEELS like a family owned company (because it is!) It is amazing to work alongside like minded, driven and talented individuals who constantly challenge, coach and motivate you to do your best every day. There is also incredible room for growth since Gallo promotes entirely from within. I will do big things with this company and am so excited to be apart of it all...

Cons

Sales Representative role has some challenges so you must be committed, but VERY rewarding and one of my favorite positions I have held.

Advice to Management

Management is extremely encouraging, motivating and caring!

E. & J. Gallo Winery2019-06-20

June 21, 2019Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We have no doubt that you will continue to do great things! Cheers to you!

• "Excellent company that cares about employees as well as success"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Incredibly smart, driven, serious but fun people; welcoming and supportive culture; great salary and benefits; interesting work; exciting industry.

Cons

Commuting from the Bay Area is long but at least it's a reverse commute and free shuttle bus is available.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! This is a special company with a fantastic culture and I hope it always remains that way.

June 19, 2019Human Resources Leadership

Thank you so much for your amazing feedback and for all you do to make Gallo such a great place to work. Cheers to you!!

• "Best Decision I Made After College"

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The sales program was the perfect job to step into as a recent college grad with limited work experience. Through my different positions at Gallo, I know I've been given opportunities/responsibilities that my peers at other companies don't get. Gallo and the leadership really trusts us to try new things and be innovative! On a personal note, I've grown a lot thanks to these experiences.

Cons

The sales position is not for the faint of heart. You deal with really tough customers on a daily basis and experience rejection regularly. It is not for everyone, especially if you're looking for a job where you just show up and coast by!

Advice to Management

Survey your fellow managers and direct reports for feedback before making major decisions. You are not an island when you have so many capable people around you!

June 19, 2019Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for your thoughtful feedback ( we especially appreciate your your Advice to Management). We will definitely be sharing your review with our Sr. Leaders. Thanks for all you do!

• "A Family Away From Home"

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1. The Culture- a group of driven, supportive, and competitive leaders that are constantly looking for innovations and developments to be the best in the beverage industry. 2. Career Advancement Opportunity- ample opportunity to grow your career and achieve success in multiple facets of the wine and spirit industry 3. Diversity- Supportive and invested in all different types of peoples, from different walks of life...

Cons

Genuinely have a hard time identifying cons

June 19, 2019Human Resources Leadership

Your review made our day! Thank you for all you do to make Gallo such a great place to work!

Found 762 reviews