EE "ee" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

EE Employee Reviews about "ee"

Updated 15 Oct 2019

3.5
EE CEO Marc Allera
Marc Allera
Pros
  • "Good Pay - High Commission Potential(in 29 reviews)

• "Great to work for, great benefits would recommend(in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • "BT purchased EE around two years ago that now seems to be a merger which is eroding the culture of(in 55 reviews)

• "Targets were not based on store footfall creating unrealistic targets(in 24 reviews)

Reviews about "ee"

Return to all Reviews

"The real truth about EE"

Former Employee - Senior Customer Advisor in London, England

I worked at EE full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If your a customer advisor doing under 20 hours you will love your job honestly because there’s no stress. The colleagues you meet along the way The mobile phone discounts are decent.

Cons

They gloss this company like its the best place to work for They are so many cons but first and foremost If you are of Black Asian Minority Ethnic just know that you will not be developed any higher than senior or assistant manager. If you are a woman they disregard you and promote your fellow male colleagues before you even if you work 10 X harder than them. So ADVISE to the women and BAME don’t even apply... genuinely wasting your time and I wish someone had told me when I applied to work in the company. The “ASPIRE” program that is meant for career development is a joke, the work load from that is heavy and they expect you to do this work on your own time instead of dedicating time out to do it while on shifts. The work and life balance is non existent they expect you to breath EE into every part of your life The leaders lack BASIC people skills and lack humanity The commission is appalling the company find new way every three months to not pay you as much

Advice to Management

Show statistics of the amount of BAME and women you have promoted in the last year Probably need to start from the top of the ladder and teach leaders people skills and how to talk to communicate

EE2019-09-14

"Miss selling galore"

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Birmingham, England

I have been working at EE full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great discounts on phone contracts, get to play with latest phones.

Cons

Even when you sell a contract, if the manager puts it in the computer under someone else's name then you lose that sale, so you have to note down everything that you sell. I've worked for the franchise stores and main stores, miss selling goes on as your put under so much pressure to sell, I've never done that but many have, eg they will sell you a phone but add a mini wifi with it, sometimes they will just add it... without telling you, sometimes they will say the phone has £100 upfront this will take that off, but thing is they can take the £100 or whatever amount off if they wanted to. If you miss your target by one sale you wont get that commission. In the franchise stores they were moaning that we were selling too many sim onlys so at one point they said even if you sell 10 it wont go towards your target, so I didn't serve customers who wanted them as i didn't want to miss out on a phone sale. Dont expect to be told the truth lies and back stabbing is rife, in franchise stores the have a discount pot, so most upfront costs they can get rid of that but they try and sell you anything and make out they can only take it off if you buy another contract. When you sell a phone the customer gets a survey, if they put anything less then a 9 out of 10 then your in trouble, if you get too many 8 out of 10 or less you will not get any commission. Ee system in store is rubbish and long winded, in the back office they run windows 98, the system they use on shop floor to sell contracts is a long and in certain situations complicated process, expect the systems to go down once in a while or some issues to occur, will they drop your target if you cant sell because the system is down? Sometimes they do sometimes they dont, even if they do drop your target down it will be by one or two. Expect other staff members to try and take sales off you. I will never buy a phone in store again after what I've witnessed and people wonder why shops close down. Especially in franchise stores the area managers and above will be in their offices and look at the cameras to see what staff are doing, if theres no customers and your just standing around doing nothing they will pull you up, even if you have cleaned the same table a hundred times, even if you play on your phone they will have you. Just shows a lack of trust. They have a footfall counter so if loads of people walk in and out of the store but the store does very little sales then your in trouble, there will be times when people just come in and look around, or kids run across the counter and make it look like you've had 150 customers when in fact you've just had 50, even when you tell them this they will just say you didn't maximize the sales, did you do enough, but then if they are happy to look at the cameras to see what the staff are doing then they should look at the cameras to see why the footfall is so high when we tell them what's happened, but they wont

Advice to Management

Stop putting staff under so much pressure, if customers only want a sim only dont pressure the sales advisor to sell a phone, especially if the customer makes it clear that they don't want a phone, even when you have your favourites dont put someone else's sale into another person's name. Stop miss selling to get your numbers up, give the customer what they want, if they dont want anything else then stop hounding... them.

EE2019-08-29
  3. "Great retail job"

Former Employee - Customer Advisor
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at EE part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good base pay for retail Potential to earn commission on reasonable KPIs Generally a fun environment to work at with good people Good initial training that gives you a good understanding of the systems One benefit of the BT buyout is that in job training has been improved but this may be a temporary measure due to the incoming BT products in-store

Cons

After working with a few managers they differ enormously some will turn up, put the graft and lead by example while others that are more established may not turn up and offer little to no support. Commission structure seems to get worse every time it changes BT purchased EE around two years ago that now seems to be a merger which is eroding the culture of EE and bringing in additional bureaucracy as well as... competitive products. Even the EE brand itself has begun to be swallowed

EE2019-07-28
  4. "Customer services"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Fulham, England

I have been working at EE full-time for less than a year

Pros

EE is the best platform for me to start my career in customer services and know more about it

Cons

By working here I would be able to know how to interact with customers

Advice to Management

I wanna work there to explore this type of customer service and customer service is my passion I’ll do it by my heart

EE2019-06-08

"Swallowed up by slow, cumbersome BT"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager

I have been working at EE full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The EE people and culture

Cons

BT's conservative pay and benefits structure has now been fully implemented

EE2019-06-11

"Bullying, pretentious environment"

Former Employee - Sales Advisor in Darlington, North East England, England

I worked at EE full-time for less than a year

Pros

The 75% discount they manipulate everyone into taking out so when they inevitably leave out of stress they can remove and still have you trapped in an expensive contract It’s hilarious to watch ‘Team Leaders’ and ‘Ops Managers’ who earn about 22k and work in a literal tin shed give it the big ‘I am’

Cons

Genuinely everything. I worked in the Darlington Upgrades call centre from July 2018 - February 2019. From early on I realised how pretentious management were about such a basic job and how much they enjoyed power tripping. People are promoted to team leader mainly based on cliques and have no idea what they’re doing. The actual core of the job, selling upgrades, is largely forgotten - all the TLs care about is... additional lines (trying to flog an iPad on contract to someone who doesn’t really want it) and broadband sales (trying to flog mediocre broadband at mediocre prices to people who don’t really want it). What was worse than the pretentiousness of management was the constant blatant lies, for example telling us all that we should be selling tons of broadband as we are the cheapest supplier on the market. NO WE WERE NOT. Not by an absolute mile. What is the point of lying about things so obvious and easily researchable??? Just to break your team down and make them feel miserable, because that’s supposed to motivate them how exactly? Their sickness policy is also a disgrace and they hold no accountability for how they affect the mental health of their staff. The job adverts they write are just pure lies. They state they’re not all about the hard sell - LIE, you’re told to push and push even when a customer says no. They state you have the option of 3 working patterns - LIE, I was told I had to work 12 hour shifts all of the time with no room for negotiation, that was that. It was so demoralising and embarrassing being forced to pitch product after product to customers who just weren’t interested and wanted the product that they called up for. Then we had to tell them our horrendous horrendous pricing for said product. Honestly, there were times where our monthly prices were double than the competitors for the same phone. It made me feel totally embarrassed to work for EE. Customers were annoyed and half of the time I couldn’t blame them, I’d be annoyed if my network charged such outrageous prices Oh yeah and literally every second of your day is timed by your computer system. Late back from your break by ten seconds? Your TL will be barking at you. Dare to go for a wee for longer than 3 minutes? You’re in hot water, prepare for a meeting. On that subject, prepare to get dragged into meetings (‘recorded discussions’) 24/7. I’m so happy I managed to escape this place.

Advice to Management

Get some integrity and leave

EE2019-06-27
  7. "Work for EE"

I have been working at EE full-time

Pros

EE have some benefits are good.

Cons

Work under extreme pressure at times. Daily, weekly and monthly.

EE2019-05-09

"Great learning experience"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at EE full-time

Pros

Working for EE places you under enormous pressure to deliver sales targets. But this type of pressure I felt was beneficial to me learning a great deal in my two or so years there. Key skills such as communication are developed and have helped me enormously going forward. Being able to cope with pressure and demands was vital in coping with my future career endeavours.

Cons

Sometimes due to the pressure, you might see underhanded tactics to generate sales which were one of the key reasons I was decided to leave. Quality of products from the company itself was pushed heavily, which is to be expected, but I personally felt the quality was lacking which made selling them difficult for me as I did not believe in the product.

Advice to Management

Customers were sometimes treated as money bags to be squeezed every penny out of, making the sales process quite soulless.

EE2019-02-19

"Going downhill fast"

Current Employee - Senior Finance Manager in Bristol, England

I have been working at EE full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Amazing market to be involved in, innovative company

Cons

Being part of the BT group is quickly eroding everything that's great about working at EE

EE2018-12-29

"Don't waste your time with EE"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Shields, England

I worked at EE full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

75% discount on contract, your team mates are your closet and only allies

Cons

Where do I start! As many others have already stated unless your face fits and you are happy to brown nose then don't bother yourself working here. Management give false promises and tell you anything to get themselves a bonus, they suck you in and spit you out if you are no help to them climbing the ladder. Internal job interviews are a joke and take no account of your experiences either before or while... working for EE. NT1 is rife with nepatism so best way to get promoted is to shack up with one of the many loose T/L's or Ops Managers and you will be flying in no time. The company seems to love offering secondment positions so you do lots of extra work and not get paid for it then quite happily say that role is not continuing now so go back to your old role and don't complain about it. They promote more than useless CSR's to team leader and give them no support as they struggle. Being promoted to an ops manager will only happen if someone leaves which is extremely rare. BT has an internal whistle blowing system set up to combat wrong doing within the company and this is a worthless system as things just get ignored and swept under the carpet. Most of the chairs that you sit on are not fit for purpose and are quite dangerous and when you mention it it gets ignored and you're told to just find another chair, the person who is supposed to carry out desk assessments is as much use as a chocolate teapot. It takes weeks if at all for them to react to a request for any equipment you might need. Payroll constantly get things wrong and when you question it it takes weeks to put right. The training staff swan about and think they are god's gift. My advice is that you give working at EE and especially NT1 a wide birth.

Advice to Management

Maybe take a good look at the amount of good ambitious staff that leave on a regular basis. You would do better to practice what you preach and take ownership of any staff issues that are bought to your attention.

EE2018-10-23