EF Education First Reviews

Updated 2 Jun 2020

3.3
EF Education First CEO  Dr. Edward Hult
Dr. Edward Hult
  1. "Lots of opportunities to progress but.."

I have been working at EF Education First full-time

Pros

-lots of opportunities to progress -every office/school has very friendly staff

Cons

-long hours -expected to work extra hours without extra pay -very low pay -conditions make it hard to do job

EF Education First2020-03-11

March 16, 2020Director

Thank you for this feedback! At EF, we put a lot of effort into professional development and thanks to the many offices and schools around the world, we can offer a wide range of opportunities. In terms of salary, we do review our compensation structure regularly to ensure we are offering a competitive package. Please get in touch with compliance@ef.com if you feel you are treated unfairly in terms of working hours or working conditions. We wish you all the best in your future EF career!

"Great job but bad management"

2.0
    Former Employee - Teacher in Cambridge, England

I worked at EF Education First part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Course is very well developed and students are mostly enthusiastic making for a good atmosphere. Facilities ae very good.

Cons

Job involves: pay, stable hours and some growth. All there are mossing. So this is great for a very flexible gig but not as a job. Hence very high attrition and dissatisfaction.

EF Education First2020-03-04

"Don't fall for it! They do not care about their staff!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at EF Education First full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice office benefits Good people working here

Cons

In one of the worst crisis our world has ever faced which have left so many people in fear and uncertainty.. True colors really show of what this company truly is about. When you work here, all you hear is about how they care about their employees.. But what do they do when Corona is breaking up the world and leave so many people worried? They start with redundancies left and right. You should literally be doing everything else humanly possible before you do that. At a time of great fear and uncertainty YOU are abandoning your people. They won’t forget it & they’ll be damn sure to let future prospects for your business know that you’ll throw them under the bus a little too easily! If there comes a time where there’s no choice, make sure you explain it and do absolutely everything you can to support them. Pay attention to how EF treat their employees during this time. It speaks VOLUMES to their core ethics. Core values? Just stop with that blue book of yours.. its all just for show. And by the way with a company that large.. They don't even have an HR department, this type of time is exactly why they do not have one. They get away with everything ;)

EF Education First2020-03-22

March 24, 2020Director

Thank you for your feedback. As much as we love EF as an employer, we know we are not perfect. We always want to improve and your comments are valuable for our efforts in this matter, especially in a time like this. We are sorry to hear you perceive a lack of what you refer to as a HR department. We have payroll functions taking care of all employee contractual matters such as contracts, insurances, taxes etc. In additional we also have functions specifically dedicated to recruitment and professional development. I would advice you to please reach out to your local RED department to discuss the communication during these very difficult times. EF and the world have never been through a crisis like this before and our management team are doing their best to ensure the safety of our employees. Best regards

4. "Money Making"

2.0
    Former Employee - Activity Leader

I worked at EF Education First part-time

Pros

- You get other activity leaders in your group. This is helpful when controlling 30 kids. Senior staff track your progress and give you advice on how to improve connecting to your group. - The nights out with the staff at the end of the day.

Cons

- No training given. - Too many kids in one group and they are hard to control (especially being teenagers) - Kids are ripped off. They pay a lot to be on this programme and then find they don't get simple things like a bus pass included or they have to pay for their own drinks at the under 18s club you take them too. -

EF Education First2020-02-26
  5. "Decent employer"

Current Employee - Online English Teacher in London, England

I have been working at EF Education First part-time for less than a year

Pros

Lesson materials provided. Minimum prep required. Online support when needed. You are paid on time.

Cons

The pay is too low. The lesson materials need updated and should follow a more clear structure (Present - Practice - Produce).

EF Education First2020-02-20
  6. "EF"

Current Employee - English Language Teacher

I have been working at EF Education First full-time

Pros

My colleagues are fantastic and the hours are flexible.

Cons

Staff members are underpaid and undervalued.

EF Education First2020-02-18

February 20, 2020Director

Thank you for your feedback. It's great to hear that you value your colleagues, I certainly agree that having great colleagues makes a job so much more fun. In terms of salary, we do review our compensation structure regularly to ensure we are offering a competitive package. We wish you all the best in your future EF career.

"US company without morals"

Current Employee - Online English Teacher in Birmingham, England

I have been working at EF Education First part-time for less than a year

Pros

Some flexibility with lessons at times.

Cons

Extremely brutal employer without any regard for employees. The staff are rude and blunt. They will terminate contracts when they feel like it. There is little protection and the employee is there simply to be used.

EF Education First2020-03-02

May 15, 2020Engagement and Retention Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to send in your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you had such a negative experience with EF. We strive to make our teachers feel supported, and we’re sorry that you didn’t feel positive about your experience working with us. Thanks again for taking the time to send over your experiences.

8. "Marketing"

Former Employee - Marketing in London, England

I worked at EF Education First full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good culture, fun, lots of young international people, good travel (you see the emphasis here?)

Cons

Bit of a disneyland environment for business, I realised after leaving how poorly structured the business is, non KPI environment.

EF Education First2020-01-21
  9. "Not great"

Current Employee - Designer

I have been working at EF Education First full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are no pros. Really.

Cons

Worse project management ever. Lack of communication and direction. No career growth. Lots of burocracy. Feels a bit old sometimes.

EF Education First2020-02-10

March 6, 2020Director

Thank you for your feedback. As much as we love EF as an employer, we know we are not perfect. We always want to improve. Your comments are valuable for our efforts in this matter We are sorry to hear you perceive a lack of management and we are investing resources to train new managers to make sure they have the skills for the job. We will take your feedback on-board, and see what we can do to train more staff. Please reach out to your local RED responsible to discuss should you wish to do so. Wish you all the best in your future EF career.

"Great colleagues, great culture"

5.0
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in London, England

I worked at EF Education First full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Extremely positive, fast paced environment. Lots of responsibility and opportunities to take ownership

Cons

Not the place for you if you need a lot of structure or defined processes.

EF Education First2019-11-21

November 25, 2019Director

Hi. Fist of all, thank you for your time with EF. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us, thank you for contributing to our culture and growth. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors!

Found 1962 reviews