EF English First Local Teacher Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 24 Feb 2018

Found 2 reviews

5.0
Jacob Toren
  1. "It's been a PLEASURE to work with EF!"

Current Employee - Local Teacher

I have been working at EF English First full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been working at EF for 10 months. Currently, I enjoy the work with my team. We get a lot of days off in a year. Except for the Chinese holiday breaks, we also get one week off at the end of summer course. We only need to get up early to work in two days. And the other three days, we work from the afternoon. Plus, we have a lot of training as well as tests arranged by EF that could help improvement our career!

Cons

There are some last minute schedules that happen and bring upsetting situations to the employees.

EF English First2018-02-24
  2. "Great start in an international company"

Current Employee - Local Teacher in Xi'an, Guangxi

I have been working at EF English First full-time

Pros

As a local teacher, I get to work with some great colleagues from Australia, America and the UK. I feel that teaching at EF has really helped me meet new people and also improve my English further. My Manager is really nice too. When I started, I had less classes, and I had someone to watch and help me improve. I was given great support until I was ready to teach.

Cons

A con for me, is that local teachers usually only teach up to elementary level. I think it would be great if I could try and teach an intermediate class. The annual party is quite close to spring festival. I had to miss it last year because I was still spending time with my family.

Advice to Management

Change the time of the Annual party. Help local teachers to teach intermediate classes if they want to, and if they can.

EF English First2016-08-18