ELEXON Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated Sep 18, 2019

4.1
ELEXON CEO Mark Bygraves
Mark Bygraves
  1. "nice variety of challenges"

Current Employee - Market Architect in London, England

I have been working at ELEXON full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work consists of varied projects - everyone of them is different. Very people focused.

Cons

Not really hands-on, if you like that kind of thing.

ELEXON2019-09-18
  2. "Good stepping stone for getting into the energy industry"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at ELEXON full-time for less than a year

Pros

They are an exciting company, very diverse with a professional and friendly culture. Excellent employer who looks after its staff. Career development and training is very professional. Transparent and impressively organized.

Cons

If you are more focused on data analysis, be prepared to learn a variety of procedures and processes as well as a lot of things about regulation (Balancing and Settlement Code). However, I believe that additional responsibility will opens many doors in the futures. This is potentially a good stepping stone option.

ELEXON2019-05-30

"Good people, good quality valued, good culture"

Current Employee - A Member of BSC Operations in London, England

I have been working at ELEXON part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great opportunity to obtain an overview of many areas of the electricity industry. A great team atmosphere with lovely people who want to improve things for the electricity industry.

Cons

ELEXON will never be able to pay mega-bucks but makes up for this with a good range of opportunities and a good work-life balance.

Advice to Management

Value your staff and try to review lessons learnt rather than repeating corporate mistakes of the past.

ELEXON2019-05-23

"Disappointing on so many levels."

Former Employee - Graduate Analyst in London, England

I worked at ELEXON full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some nice people. Well stocked staff area (but needs updating). Central Euston location for transport links. Money's OK whilst you use the job as a stepping stone to something better.

Cons

Departmental cliques and lack of co-operation. Bureaucracy gone mad - " Here's a booklet about it". Crazy over-use of jargon to the point of incomprehension. Lack of any genuine career progression despite the much lauded Foundation programme which is the biggest con of all.

Advice to Management

Talking the talk is great, but where is the substance? Meetings about meetings and key players in place to keep conversations going but ultimately it seems in everyone's interests to achieve very little of meaning. Key senior people keep their heads down, contribute little and keep taking the pay checks until retirement; energized youngsters lose interest and leave very quickly. Why isn't this being addressed?... Foundation programme miss-sells roles to grads. No real career progression, just menial tasks for monkeys, whilst seniors consistently work from home on Fridays and are uncontactable. Communications department is grossly overstaffed and self-important - constantly using internal systems to promote itself and exclude the efforts of others by promoting false messaging.

ELEXON2019-01-12

"Great place to work with good culture"

I have been working at ELEXON full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have waited a year and half before writing my review to make sure any honeymoon period was over ... just in case ... but am very pleased to say that the positive experiences here have continued from day one. I have an excellent manager who cares about me and my work and I now formally work one day a week from home but have been doing so informally for several months. I also work flexible hours to fit in with... home commitments. I have met several times with the Executive as part of my job and found them to be open and keen to support change and innovation. They are relaxed and know everyone by name and always happy to chat. CEO has a positive approach to staff and the company’s culture and is keen to see it develop further. Any issues that have been raised are taken on board and form part of an action plan to improve things. Annual staff survey is also a good way to raise issues or ideas and a “you said, we did” action plan comes out of this as well.

Cons

Some teams seem to apply a “local” approach to flexible working. However, this is now on the radar and should be tackled. Of course nowhere is perfect but I would recommend working here.

Advice to Management

Keep placing staff at the heart of your planning ... they are your most important asset.

ELEXON2018-10-17

"Alright"

Former Employee - Settlements Analyst in Euston, England

I worked at ELEXON full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice area to work in, basic extras

Cons

High staff turnover, management not very supportive

ELEXON2018-05-13
  7. "Best decision I made"

I have been working at ELEXON full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Work Life Balance Open Culture Good benefits Challenging work

Cons

Risk adverse because of its role within the sector

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing its a great place to work

ELEXON2016-08-11

"Friendly and supportive environment"

Current Employee - Analyst in London, England

I have been working at ELEXON full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice people to work with Some real industry experts to learn from Good benefit package Good work and life balance

Cons

Very procedure focused Lack of interesting works and career progression Job can be repetitive No promotion until there is a vacancy due to someone above leaves or team restructuring

Advice to Management

Create more competitive environment and get rid of people who are unproductive and incompetent. More rewards for those who outperform.

ELEXON2016-07-26

"Analyst"

in London, England

I worked at ELEXON

Pros

The people are very friendly and there are lots of social activities/team building events

Cons

Communication between teams could be improved

Advice to Management

A proper career framework please. It is very slow progress through the organisation

ELEXON2015-10-28
  10. "It's is one of the best companies that I have worked for to date. It has a great company culture and set of values."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at ELEXON full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It has some of the brightest, most professional and self motivated people that I have met. The people are definitely the key unique driving factor behinds it's current and future success.

Cons

There are no cons I can think off. Overall I was very happy working there.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

ELEXON2014-01-31