Eames Consulting Group Reviews

Updated 22 Apr 2021

4.2
Eames Consulting Group Founder Matthew Eames
Matthew Eames
Pros
  • "Senior Management are very reflective and always looking at how they can improve their approach, this is very refreshing(in 9 reviews)

• "Possibility to build your own desk and mature environment(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "A good amount of time and investment from all the management team across the business is focused on improving this(in 4 reviews)

• "no direction with bad communication from senior management/CEO(in 4 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England, England

I have been working at Eames Consulting Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've recently joined Eames Consulting Group and I think the company is a great place to work. They provide excellent training to new starters, everyone is very welcoming and the bonus / commission structure is great. Work life balance is great with a good split between working from home and office

Cons

nothing that comes to mind

April 26, 2021Chief People Officer

We're really pleased to hear your expectations have aligned and you're enjoying your time at Eames. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

2. "I couldn’t be more proud."

Current Employee - Associate Director

I have been working at Eames Consulting Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Eames have done an absolutely amazing job in looking after its staff and ensuring everyone has the support they need. Not only do we have a market leading platform, an industry topping commission structure and a very strong leadership team but we now have a clear objective and goal for who we want to be. My previous criticism of the company which was poor communication from the top down has been addressed and our communication is better than ever. Well done everyone.

Cons

There is nothing at all I can think of

February 26, 2021Chief People Officer

We love everything about this review! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of life at Eames!

3. "Great business with a leading brand in insurance & FS recruitment"

Current Employee - Partner, Director in London, England, England

I have been working at Eames Consulting Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Market leading brand - Surrounded by industry leading recruiters - Strong focus on training and development - Brilliant people - Great social side - Strong reward and benefits scheme

Cons

- Technology needs improving (currently underway)

March 9, 2021Chief People Officer

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review of your experience working at Eames. We're of course pleased to hear such positive feedback. We hear you on your comments about our internal technology - we're making big strides in upgrading our infrastructure with company laptops, cloud migration and a review of tools and technology. The world of work is changing and we're responding!

"Nice people to work with"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Eames Consulting Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great incentives, nice people, opportunity to grow if your favoured

Cons

Continuous turnover of staff, location not great

March 9, 2021Chief People Officer

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're of course disappointed to read that your experience has not been positive in some regards, and I'd welcome to opportunity to discuss this further with you so we can address these concerns. You can reach me, in confidence, at ruth.foster@eamesconsulting.com.

5. "Great platform"

4.0

I worked at Eames Consulting Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great platform to build your own desk

Cons

Its not an easy role and you need to really want it to allow yourself the best chance of keeping up enough consistent effort to make you succesful

February 12, 2021Chief People Officer

Thanks for taking the time to share a review.

6. "Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Sales Trainer in London, England, England

I have been working at Eames Consulting Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Mature Environment with autonomy Great culture and a good balance between hard work and having fun Great leadership that have lead the business through tough times whilst remaining successful

Cons

I don’t have any to share

October 13, 2020Chief People Officer

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review!

7. "High Performing Friendly Environment"

Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Eames Consulting Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent team of specialist consultants Well established brand name Fun environment with friendly culture Great incentives package

Cons

Office space could be utilised better

October 13, 2020Chief People Officer

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review.

8. "Good firm, great supportive culture"

4.0
    Former Employee - Associate Recruitment Consultant in London, England, England

I worked at Eames Consulting Group full-time

Pros

L&D Staff great at their jobs and co-workers are easy to talk to and very helpful

Cons

Long hours Some managers are inappropriate

October 28, 2020Chief People Officer

Thank you for your positive review and happy to hear you found our culture supportive in your time working with us. We would welcome a direct conversation relating to your comment about the inappropriateness of some managers so we can ensure that this gets addressed. Please do get in touch (ruth.foster@eamesconsulting.com) for a confidential conversation.

"A business that listens to their employees"

I worked at Eames Consulting Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have just recently left Eames to immigrate to Australia after spending the last 3 years at the business. They took me on as a grad, trained and promoted me up to Senior Consultant level and most importantly they helped me make a lot of money! While every manager and his/her team are different, Eames generally operates with a comprehensive set of principles across the board making it a welcoming yet slick and professional place to work. They have an incredible client base already in place across banking and insurance, but also a great name in the industry if you want to build out a new market. They are both proactive and reactive to our needs (the consultants) and because of this I have seen a lot of change and investment over the years in order to maintain their competitive advantage - senior leadership, commission & incentives, technology and training. While change can sometimes cause people to be unsettled, there was always good cause and the positive implications have all come to fruition in the last 6-12 months reflected in the record breaking month the business has just experienced – sadly making the decision to leave even harder. There are hundreds of recruitment consultancies in London that lack professionalism and operate poorly, often giving a bad perception of the industry - Eames is thankfully NOT one of these organisations and I will really miss both the business and the people that work there. I wish them all the best.

Cons

They don't have an office in Australia! Happy to help them set this up.

Continue reading

"Fantastic Change - Brilliant Culture"

Current Employee - Associate Director in London, England, England

I have been working at Eames Consulting Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Strong Leadership team with key people playing in key positions, fantastic new head of contract with a vision to grow the contract team in the right way again playing people in their right positions. The culture within the past 12 months has flipped and now looking around the room it’s full of people that are really driven and want to be there. Hiring decisions are smarter with psychometric testing and in-depth competency based interviews playing a key part. Excellent L&D function headed up by Someone who has been there, seen it and done the role of a successful biller in her own right so trains based on real life scenarios rather than theory or text books. In summary a Mature business that doesn’t micro manage, with people empowered to do what they need to do to grow their own desk regardless of whether you are an AC or an AD. Fantastic business to work for that has maintained its market leading brand through a very difficult period. I’m proud of #TeamEames

Cons

I would like to see the local pub use the Eames branded beer more often.

April 7, 2019CEO

Thank you for leaving such a positive review!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 84 Reviews