EasyWeb Group Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 4 April 2019

4.3
Adrian McDonagh

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "My favourite job to date"

I have been working at EasyWeb Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked for a few businesses throughout my career and I can honestly say that this is my favourite place to date.
    Great location, plenty of parking, happy working environment, and a relaxed / grown-up vibe.
    My team is particularly awesome, but of course I am horribly biased.
    The senior management team are not afraid to listen, try new things and make changes to create a happy working environment (pool table, Alexa, new fancy desks, Pilates, free fruit)
    Plenty of social events too (but not too many!)

Cons

I can honestly not think of a single one at this moment in time. But I have only been working here for 4 years so that could change.

Advice to Management

Get some indoor plants - we really think this will help our productivity and overall sense of zen

2. "A great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northampton, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northampton, England

I have been working at EasyWeb Group part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Having been a member of the EasyWeb team for over 10 years (in various roles), I feel like I am very much, part of a family. Starting from my early days in a junior admin role I was supported and encouraged to grow and develop. Becoming the Events Manager - as the company began to run Recruitment Training workshops and webinars - was a great achievement for me as I felt my skills and strengths were really recognised.
    Now in my role assisting the finance team, I am supported - where needed - and left to work independently, perfectly. It is a great balance of being able to manage your own work load but also knowing I have the support and guidance from those with more experience where needed.
    It is also worth mentioning that not only have I formed lasting friendships whilst working at EasyWeb but I also met my Husband..! So I really do believe it this is a great place to work!

Cons

Further training to use internal systems could be available to members of staff who lack confidence or simply need a refresher.
    On a daily basis my job relies on being provided with the correct information from some members of the team. It is quite common that the information provided isn't always correct or up to date. I believe this is down to lack of understanding of systems and processes.

Also I would love my husband to work less in the evenings 😉

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and come home on time occasionally 🙂

3. "I love it here"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at EasyWeb Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been working at EasyWeb for nearly a year now and I absolutely love it.

- My managers are supportive and we have a great relationship. I feel they are investing time and effort into my development and career.
    - Lovely working culture. In our team we do lots of activities outside of work too like bowling, pub quiz, meals out, etc.
    - There's no 'office politics' that you often find in larger companies. Just friendly, genuine people who are focused on doing a good job.
    - Opportunity to work with some brilliant clients across the UK.

Cons

There isn't a communal space to eat lunch but plenty of places to go for a walk nearby.

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what you're doing; listening to employees, regular catch-ups/reviews, etc.

4. "Great working environment"

I have been working at EasyWeb Group full-time

Pros

Enthusiastic and passionate management
    Healthy and vibrant working environment
    Great location
    Innovative and fast moving decision making makes for a consistently engaging working day.

Cons

In some departments, growth within the business seems particularly difficult, in that if you hit a "cap" of knowledge within your current position you would almost be hoping that the company grows soon so that you can progress further.

Advice to Management

Continue to be as approachable and open to ideas as you are right now.

5. "A good company to work for"

I have been working at EasyWeb Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly and welcoming group of people
    Relaxed atmosphere - no feeling of being micro- managed
    Approachable management

Cons

Initial training is not great
    Nowhere except your desk to have your break
    Progression

Advice to Management

Work on providing a more structured training programme for new people to ease them in to their roles

"My first 3 months at EasyWeb"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Strixton, England
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Strixton, England

I have been working at EasyWeb Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is really friendly and welcoming. There is a pool table here and an endless supply of people happy to give you a game. I'm awful at pool, but its been a great way to get to know everyone in the office.

Cons

There always seems to be cake and treats dotted around the office. As someone with a massive sweet tooth, this is a challenge.

19 Nov 2018 – Chief Ideas Officer

Hi there, fellow EasyWebber!

Glad to see you are settling in well. We try hard to create a good work environment and I am pleased to hear my colleagues have rolled out the welcome mat for you... More

"Not a great company to work for"

I worked at EasyWeb Group full-time

Pros

Nice offices
    Quite location
    Managers not around much

Cons

Management team all work differently, so you never know what you are meant to be doing
    Don't really stick to what they say they will do, so have a really high turnover
    Misleading job adverts, very different role when you get there
    Too relaxed, people can be very disruptive when people are working and management don't seem to mind
    No career progression
    Salaries tend to be very low for supporting staff and promised bonus payments don't always appear
    Company have an internal policy of promoting a fun, young, thriving workforce (most reviews are from people who have only just started) Don't believe the hype

Advice to Management

Advertise and interview in a better way to not mislead people about the company
    As the company deliver training on how to get out of bad Glassdoor reviews by writing a cheery positive reply - actually apply the same responses when your staff raise the issues in person, before they feel its not the right place for them to work

15 Jan 2019 – Chief Ideas Officer

Wow! Always a little shocked to read these types of reviews (thankfully, normally on other organisation’s pages). I am genuinely sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time here at EasyWeb. I... More

8. "Friendly team, lovely environment"

I have been working at EasyWeb Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a cute village setting, very rural and offices set in farm buildings - lovely environment.
    Everyone without exception is super friendly and welcoming.
    The business still has a real entrepreneurial spirit - you feel like you can add value and make a difference.

Cons

If you don't drive then it would be hard to get to the site via public transport.
    Little in the way of employee benefits on offer, but it's still a small company.

Advice to Management

Communication between senior management out to the teams, also between teams, can be a bit sporadic - more opportunities to share updates and be open about company activity (starters, leavers, new business, etc)

Thanks for the review!

Pleased to hear you are settling in well and your colleagues are making you feel welcome. Our business is growing but we are just under 60 staff so we are still relatively... More

9. "Only a few negatives outweigh the positives"

I worked at EasyWeb Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun vibrant office. All members of staff willing to help each other out. Lovely setting and always enjoyed my time working there.

Cons

Despite working in the recruitment industry and seeing similar jobs to my own being advertised when I disused salary progression with my line manger no feedback ever came back on to the gap in salary. A bonus system in place that did not reflect on my own efforts again was never changed or addressed despite several discussions with my line manager. The only progression ever discussed was in to a sales role that I didn't want so made the decision to leave.

Advice to Management

Keep doing the good things as you do but listen to people's concerns on salary, bonus and progression as people do feel undervalued due to this but are not as outgoing as myself to feel they can discuss this

19 Nov 2018 – Chief Ideas Officer

Thanks for posting a review (sorry it took me a while to respond - normally much quicker than this but this one slipped through somehow).

It was good to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. I... More

"Excellent, forward thinking place to work!"

Current Employee - Account Director in Strixton, England
    Current Employee - Account Director in Strixton, England

I have been working at EasyWeb Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people
    Support available from all departments when needed
    Flexible
    Fun environment
    Rewards, praise and recognition for hard work

Cons

We have so many great ideas that we physically can't implement them all at once!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and look after your people.

5 Sep 2017 – Chief Ideas Officer

Thanks for the great review. Sounds like you are a happy EasyWebber!

Pleased to hear you are getting on with our team, there is a great bunch of people here. You don't really mention any cons... More