EasyWeb Group Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 13 November 2018

4.1
Adrian McDonagh

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"My first 3 months at EasyWeb"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Strixton, England
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Strixton, England

I have been working at EasyWeb Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is really friendly and welcoming. There is a pool table here and an endless supply of people happy to give you a game. I'm awful at pool, but its been a great way to get to know everyone in the office.

Cons

There always seems to be cake and treats dotted around the office. As someone with a massive sweet tooth, this is a challenge.

19 Nov 2018 – Chief Ideas Officer

Hi there, fellow EasyWebber!

Glad to see you are settling in well. We try hard to create a good work environment and I am pleased to hear my colleagues have rolled out the welcome mat for you... More

"Not a great company to work for"

I worked at EasyWeb Group full-time

Pros

Nice offices
    Quite location
    Managers not around much

Cons

Management team all work differently, so you never know what you are meant to be doing
    Don't really stick to what they say they will do, so have a really high turnover
    Misleading job adverts, very different role when you get there
    Too relaxed, people can be very disruptive when people are working and management don't seem to mind
    No career progression
    Salaries tend to be very low for supporting staff and promised bonus payments don't always appear
    Company have an internal policy of promoting a fun, young, thriving workforce (most reviews are from people who have only just started) Don't believe the hype

Advice to Management

Advertise and interview in a better way to not mislead people about the company
    As the company deliver training on how to get out of bad Glassdoor reviews by writing a cheery positive reply - actually apply the same responses when your staff raise the issues in person, before they feel its not the right place for them to work

3. "Friendly team, lovely environment"

I have been working at EasyWeb Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a cute village setting, very rural and offices set in farm buildings - lovely environment.
    Everyone without exception is super friendly and welcoming.
    The business still has a real entrepreneurial spirit - you feel like you can add value and make a difference.

Cons

If you don't drive then it would be hard to get to the site via public transport.
    Little in the way of employee benefits on offer, but it's still a small company.

Advice to Management

Communication between senior management out to the teams, also between teams, can be a bit sporadic - more opportunities to share updates and be open about company activity (starters, leavers, new business, etc)

Thanks for the review!

Pleased to hear you are settling in well and your colleagues are making you feel welcome. Our business is growing but we are just under 60 staff so we are still relatively... More

4. "Only a few negatives outweigh the positives"

I worked at EasyWeb Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun vibrant office. All members of staff willing to help each other out. Lovely setting and always enjoyed my time working there.

Cons

Despite working in the recruitment industry and seeing similar jobs to my own being advertised when I disused salary progression with my line manger no feedback ever came back on to the gap in salary. A bonus system in place that did not reflect on my own efforts again was never changed or addressed despite several discussions with my line manager. The only progression ever discussed was in to a sales role that I didn't want so made the decision to leave.

Advice to Management

Keep doing the good things as you do but listen to people's concerns on salary, bonus and progression as people do feel undervalued due to this but are not as outgoing as myself to feel they can discuss this

19 Nov 2018 – Chief Ideas Officer

Thanks for posting a review (sorry it took me a while to respond - normally much quicker than this but this one slipped through somehow).

It was good to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. I... More

"Excellent, forward thinking place to work!"

Current Employee - Account Director in Strixton, England
    Current Employee - Account Director in Strixton, England

I have been working at EasyWeb Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people
    Support available from all departments when needed
    Flexible
    Fun environment
    Rewards, praise and recognition for hard work

Cons

We have so many great ideas that we physically can't implement them all at once!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and look after your people.

5 Sep 2017 – Chief Ideas Officer

Thanks for the great review. Sounds like you are a happy EasyWebber!

Pleased to hear you are getting on with our team, there is a great bunch of people here. You don't really mention any cons... More

6. "Probably the most biased review on Glassdoor......"

Current Employee - Founder in Strixton, England
    Current Employee - Founder in Strixton, England

I have been working at EasyWeb Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Before I add any Pros. Probably best to mention I am the founder of EasyWeb. So the following review will be my honest reflection on what it is like to work here. However, I suspect I am a bit biased.

- Great office (with a pool table).
     - Working with a dedicated bunch of individuals. Flat management structure where everyone's opinion is listened to.
     - Fast growing business where there are lots of opportunities to progress.

Cons

- Recruitment is a tough industry and your first year in sales is likely to be a tough one. However, with the right support and dedication you can build a great client base and then the earning potential is great.
     - Car park can be a bit of a tight squeeze some days.
     - Kitchen is a little small.

Advice to Management

Hmmm this is difficult. What advice would I give myself and the rest of the management team......keep listening and communicating to your team members. Sometimes things are moving fast and it's important that everyone understands not just "what" we are doing but "why".

We are just coming up to 50 staff big now and the challenge is going to be continuing to maintain the culture we have as we grow.

5 Sep 2017 – Chief Ideas Officer

We make an effort to reply to every review on our page. On this occasion, I am a little short of what to say as I am replying to my own review.

Nice review Adrian, well done.

Regards... More

"A great company to work for!"

Pros

Friendly environment, Friday lunchtime pub trips in the summer, Hard-working office, close team, countryside office.

Cons

I can't think of any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

19 Jun 2017 – Chief Ideas Officer

Thanks for the review. Looks like you enjoyed your time here. I hope you have been able to take the experience you gained at EasyWeb and put it to good use in your next position.

Good luck for... More

8. "Unpleasant - Avoid"

Former Employee - Recruitment in Northampton, England
    Former Employee - Recruitment in Northampton, England

I worked at EasyWeb Group full-time

Pros

I can think of none. Sounded like a great place to work but reality doesn't match the perception.

Cons

Unprofessional interview process, poor management, look elsewhere for better culture and work environment.

Advice to Management

Be more honest with people.

4 Jul 2016 – Chief Ideas Officer

Firstly, thanks for posting a review. We encourage all our staff to post reviews and so far lots of them have.

I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your time with EasyWeb. I am also surprised... More

9. "I have found my feet in this company and been given great opportunities for progression!"

I have been working at EasyWeb Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

EasyWeb is a supportive and fun working environment. With regular team meetings we are all kept well informed of any changes within the company and the directors goals and visions for the business are shared with us. Individual and team successes are always noticed and shared which ensures that we feel valued and our hard work is recognised.

Cons

Possibly at times when the business becomes very very busy, teams can be stretched to the limit, but I think this shows that employees are willing to go the extra mile for the business, as efforts are often recognised and rewarded.

15 Mar 2016 – Chief Ideas Officer

Thanks for the review. I am pleased to hear you are finding your feet, it is now our job to keep you challenged. Fair point on the busy times we have seen a lot of growth particularly in the past... More

10. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at EasyWeb Group full-time

Pros

Welcoming bunch of people who are always helpful and kind, great office environment, everyone works together to get the job done, communication is strong, training is provided, opportunities to develop and learn new things and genuinely a lovely place to be involved with.

Cons

Very few cons, lovely chance to have an opportunity to work for them.

2 Mar 2017 – Chief Ideas Officer

Thanks for review. Sounds like your one of our 14 new staff from last year (although that it is a guess based on your use of the term "Welcoming").

Looks like you have settled in well and your... More