Echo Global Logistics Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.5
Echo Global Logistics CEO and Director Doug Waggoner
Doug Waggoner
Pros
Cons
  • "Long hours are needed in order to become as successful as you want to be at this position(in 40 reviews)

• "it was a terrible commission structure(in 28 reviews)

1. "Great employer"

Current Employee - National Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great management, tools to do the job

Cons

Training needs to be organized better

Echo Global Logistics2020-03-31

"Echo set us up for success during COVID-19"

Current Employee - National Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've been seeing feedback about companies being caught sitting on their hands in the midst of this Corona Virus crisis. I'm a sales rep here, been here awhile, not as long as some but not a newbie either. I'm proud of the way our company handled this crisis. Echo's leadership, HR, and IT teams acted quickly with plans to get ALL employees setup properly to work from home in a very short amount of time. This is no small task for a company of our size (over 1000 employees in our Chicago office alone) . Leadership was calm and able to address A LOT of short term needs and frustrations very quickly (hardware, monitors, internet, equipment cost reimbursement, HR questions, etc) - I was impressed that for a company of our size, we were surprisingly nimble when we needed to be. I think no one really new how it was ultimately going to go, but we've been working from home for a week now, and I've noticed a positive tone shift over the course of the last week. People have rallied and are feeling pretty good in light of the circumstances. Management has been available and all call for any number of issues, good to know we have not been left to fend for ourselves. Our COO gave a really powerful speech that was live streamed the first Friday after everyone was hunkered down at home, he was genuine, kept things in perspective and set the tone for what we can accomplish in the short term as well as the long term when we get past this. I noticed employee's responses to that in the comments were positive - people wanted to feel valued and listened to, reassured. We needed leadership from the top to communicate a clear plan that didn't include laying people off, and we got that.

Cons

That's not to say it was all easy - it wasn't. People were upset and questioned decisions, especially as everything was changing so quickly. But our staff has had support and guidance from our direct managers, and their managers, throughout this crisis, even though it has been an unprecedented event for everyone. Leadership has maintained a positive tone and the key is there have been meaningful actions and planning to back that up - it's not just corporate speak after laying off a ton of people - there have been no layoffs, and we are still open for business - that is worth a lot in a time when the immediate future is scary and unknown.

3. "Grateful employee"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

As we all know, COVID-19 has become a threat to our every day working lives. Many Americans are filing for unemployment and so many others are worried they will be next. With all this uncertainty I wanted to take time acknowledge how great Echo has been to work for under the current circumstances. As the Coronavirus outbreak started to explode in America, Echo had the foresight to scale up their technology immediately so their employees could remain working in full force. In an effort to continue daily operations as normal, Echo's IT team rolled out a plan so employee's can work remote within a 5 day timeline. Keep in mind, this is a logistics company where 98% of the workforce solely have stationary jobs within our HQ and nationwide offices. These quick actions made by our executives led us to continue to service all of clients needs and most importantly keep America's truck drivers busy on the roads with essential shipments. Not only have we been able to keep our business afloat, we've been able to expand by helping new clients in need as well. I've been apart of the Echo team for 6 years and I've never felt more confident in my company than I do today. I am a salesperson, so please do not be fooled into thinking this was written so HR would acknowledge me and give me a raise. This message was to inform all those out there who have talent that this company cares and will fight for your job security.

Cons

Sales is not for everyone. But if you can make it work here, you can have a nice career.

Echo Global Logistics2020-03-27
  4. "The Culture, the Echo family!!!"

Current Employee - National Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I know everyone was worried about what ECHO would do with the Covid-19 issues. I am very happy that not only did they show support for staff but work round the clock to make sure that everyone in the company got monitors and accessories to work from home. I am truly happy with the company I work for and glad to be apart of the ECHO family. #oneecho

Cons

It' sales, not for everyone but if you can trust the process you can be very successful.

Echo Global Logistics2020-03-27
  5. "Echo culture defined by team work and everyone working together"

Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture and support by management are excellent. They truly care of about employees and the commitment to excellent customer service is evident by empowering employees to do what ever it takes to exceed customer expectations.

Cons

None that come to mind.

Echo Global Logistics2020-03-27
  6. "Decent environment to work in."

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics

Pros

The pros are it’s mostly you managing yourself but there are a ton of micro managers. You get to grow at a decent pace.

Cons

They expect you to be able to do soo many things and. Attend to customers needs. The metrics are ridiculous. Pay for me way low and it’s tough to get commission when you are new because everyone has touched all the small accounts and you can’t call on businesses over 250k in revenue. As a core client rep

Echo Global Logistics2020-04-03
  7. "Practice"

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time

Pros

Great company for me to work at

Cons

Couldn't name a con if I tried!

Echo Global Logistics2020-03-17
  8. "Fun Culture, Slow At Time"

Former Employee - Operations Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I worked at Echo Global Logistics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture is great, when it's busy season, there's always something to do which is great. The team works collaboratively. All around, it's a good company.

Cons

Just the commute and slow times.

Echo Global Logistics2020-03-13
  9. "Work and Culture"

Former Employee - Client Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

I worked at Echo Global Logistics full-time

Pros

Culture is great. Lots of young people. Manager super helpful and want you to succeed

Cons

Commission structure. Hard to make good money unless you somehow close a big company

Echo Global Logistics2020-03-06