Edelman Account Executive Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Richard W. Edelman

"Rollercoaster"

Former Employee - Assistant Account Executive in London, England

I worked at Edelman full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working at this company is a fantastic way to build relationships, get face to face experience with clients and be surrounded by people with a range of skills, background and interests.

Cons

Unfortunately, Edelman UK has a massive issue with cliques within teams, this is bad for morale and I never saw management try to discurrage this behaviour. Teams are rather hierarchical, although Edelman does try to actively discourage this, however, it has been largely unsuccessful.

Edelman2018-11-20

"Strong company but needs to make a lot of changes to retain talent"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Edelman full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible work (working remotely), great people and fun environment including happy hours, great summer and Christmas parties, amazing brands to work on

Cons

Completely under resourced, takes forever to hire someone, too many freelancers that come and go, way overstretched on work and hours

Advice to Management

Major changes need to happen or people will continue to leave

Edelman2018-02-10

"Lots of talent - toxic culture"

I have been working at Edelman full-time for less than a year

Pros

Talented employees, particularly among juniors Great clients and feels like you are working on projects that actually matter Great cross company events

Cons

Juniors cannot afford to eat. This is not an exaggeration. Made all the more annoying by Edelman's constant proclamations of great pay. £20,000/£21,000 in London is not a living wage and it is the juniors who stay in the office until early hours. Distribution of pay is perpetuating a culture where directors do little, leave on time and have cash to spare. High turnover rate as a consequence among juniors.... Some senior figures snooty and entitled. Blame culture prevails when problems arise. Slow progression as all decisions need to go back to global compliance.

Advice to Management

Look into your salary structure. Pay your juniors, who keep the company running.

Edelman2018-01-28
  4. "Excellent culture yet poor salary & lack of stimulating work"

Former Employee - Account Executive in London, England

I worked at Edelman full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Fantastic office culture, modern workplace, young atmosphere - Blue chip client portfolio - Exposure to high level executives & comms strategy - Fast upward mobility

Cons

- Very low salary - Work can be very menial at junior level

Advice to Management

Invest in the growth of junior staff by giving them more substantive and strategic comms work

Edelman2017-10-10

"Great people, bad environment"

Senior Account Executive in London, England

I worked at Edelman for more than 3 years

Pros

Really smart, interesting & funny people Top tier clients Good structure Opportunities to travel Great summer/Christmas parties

Cons

Long hours Culture of martyrdom Dog eat dog Shallow

Advice to Management

Actually do something about the work-life balance, don't just say you're going to.

Edelman2017-09-18

"AE"

Former Employee - Account Executive in London, England

I worked at Edelman full-time for less than a year

Pros

Avoid this company! Worst experience of my life, I regret every second of it!

Cons

The worst company I ever worked for!! Full of racist, xenophobic and disgusting people. Unless you are British and have connections in the company, you will be stuck in the same role forever, and will assign you the worst clients and will keep you there until midnight! This company is a Joke!! Don't call yourselves Creatives because you're not! You're a just Corporate PR agency full of small minded people.... They hire young kids to work long hours and make them slaves by paying almost nothing!! The work life is appalling and you will just become depressed! Small minded and conservative people! I would necer recommend this company to anyone, even my worst enemy!! Awful and disgusting ! Should have sued you for discrimination!!

Edelman2017-08-11

"The place to be!"

Senior Account Executive in London, England

I have been working at Edelman for more than a year

Pros

I love working at Edelman - the biggest clients, the leading industry talent, the global network. If you are ambitious and want to work with the best - this is the place to be!

Cons

N/a as I have had an extremely positive experience.

Edelman2017-06-27
  8. "Assistant Account Executive"

Current Employee - Assistant Account Executive in London, England

I have been working at Edelman full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good people, lots of opportunities.

Cons

Over worked and underpaid

Edelman2017-06-22

"Great culture, diverse work, high-profile clients"

I have been working at Edelman full-time for more than a year

Pros

The work is varied, stimulating and largely based on high-profile clients and/or campaigns. It's a very young employee-base (most under 35) with lots of exciting company wide events and social perks. Lots of upward mobility and opportunities to carve out one's own niche.

Cons

For an account executive, the work can often be menial and unchallenging. Work / life balance linked to compensation is poor. Long hours are not reflected in pay.

Edelman2017-01-29
  10. "Great if you're AM or above - junior staff/grads keep away!"

Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Edelman full-time

Pros

- Amazing reputation - you are working with the best of the best - Great exposure to a fantastic range of high-profile clients - Working there will have you prepared for any kind of work needed of you in the future, if you make it through then you are unstoppable - Working there builds inner resilience and personal balls-of-steel - Probably some of the best office parties I have attended (and ever will!) -... Great benefits (particularly if AM and above)

Cons

- Lacklustre yet incredibly competitive grad scheme due to client data sensitivity (an unhappy 12 months of endless media lists, basic admin - not PR) - Juniors are spread thin, and treated like glorified personal assistants to senior staff as a result - Abysmal pay for any staff below Account Manager - You're contracted to work only 7hrs/day, but in reality this translates to endless unpaid overtime & eating... lunch at your desk due to high work volume - Lack of support for those experiencing work difficulties, even though I witnessed around 10-15 staff get signed off work due to stress. (Rather than show empathy, I was asked to 'let the team know' when I thought I might burn out or breakdown, so that they could schedule freelance cover) - High turnover rate of staff due to culture of stress, overtime and incredibly high standards - Lack of friendliness within a number of teams, easy to feel isolated In my exit interview the HR manager wholeheartedly agreed with every one of my reasons for leaving, She stated that I was not the first, nor will I be the last junior to leave for the above reasons.

Advice to Management

Let your junior staff develop a passion for PR by offering them a chance to grow, rather than treating them like glorified PAs.

Edelman2016-04-04