Edelman Account Supervisor Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated Dec 3, 2019

3.3
Edelman President and CEO Richard W. Edelman
Richard W. Edelman

"Lots of learning, lots of work"

Former Employee - Senior Account Supervisor in New York, NY
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Edelman full-time for more than a year

Pros

Interesting clients. Smart colleagues. Growth opportunities. A culture of caring about development and feedback and improvement, though there's not always time for this.

Cons

Work work work work work. Need to retain top mid-level talent more to push out some of the middling top-talent, allowing for smoother processes and better work-life balance. More office politics than necessary.

Advice to Management

Ease up on workload intensity to improve retention. In the medium and long run it'll help Edelman.

Edelman2019-12-03
  2. "Good place to learn"

Current Employee - Account Supervisor

I have been working at Edelman full-time

Pros

Good people, interesting clients, decent benefits.

Cons

Company is struggling to figure out who they are. Low salaries.

Edelman2019-11-17

"Not for everyone"

Former Employee - Account Supervisor/Senior Manager

I worked at Edelman full-time

Pros

Great place to get a good start in the industry

Cons

Career growth support is inconsistent; work life balance is non existent

Edelman2019-10-03
  4. "5 Years & Going Strong"

Current Employee - Senior Account Supervisor

I have been working at Edelman full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent benefits and work life balance, great people with variable experience and expertise readily available all across the network, abundant opportunities to grow and learn. The company is also highly invested in retaining/promoting top talent with very competitive compensation.

Cons

Having been with the company for five years, I've seen it go through some ups and downs, like you'll find with most companies. Are there surges of turn-over at times? Of course! It's an agency after all. You've got your transient folks who are here to learn a few key things and then move on. You've got folks looking for instant rewards for great work (instead of demonstrating some consistency and ability to handle... the rough times with the smooth). And you've got people who just aren't cut out for agency life long-term and there's no shame in that - it's a demanding business but the pace of learning is highly rewarding. People come and go. Some stay for a year, a few years, or even a decade or more. I suppose I'm not really listing any cons but instead, answering the common ones I've seen from my colleagues, one of them being work-life balance. Like one executive once told me, "no one is going to manage your work life balance for you - you have to set your own boundaries." That means setting expectations with clients for when you can reliably turn-around quality work. That means setting expectations with your team and your managers about what you can reasonably manage. Are there times when you're going to need to work some long hours or endure a heavy week and some weekend work? Of course! I'm not saying you should never work more than 8 hours a day - that's not realistic here. But it's your responsibility to set your boundaries for the time and space you'll need to do your job well. It's your responsibility to manage your potential for burn-out, to speak up and raise the white flag like an adult when you need to, to address conflicts directly and professionally, not via the gossip pool where solutions go to die. I see the company embracing the digital evolution of our world to keep our business relevant. I see leadership noticing the trends in what employees today need and their willingness to offer different amenities and solutions. I see a company that truly cares and leadership that is actively invested. There are good times and there are bad, but Edelman is still a cut above the rest and I believe in it.

Advice to Management

Your efforts are not going unnoticed - I appreciate you!

Edelman2019-09-16
  5. "Great Opportunities, Awesome Team"

Former Employee - Account Supervisor in Seoul

I worked at Edelman full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great range of clients, and talented global team to work with.

Cons

Long, but typical agency hours. The effort is worth it though. The types of clients and the caliber of work required for top-tier projects makes your contribution meaningful.

Edelman2019-09-04

"Toxic Culture"

Current Employee - Senior Account Supervisor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Edelman full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some teams get exposure to interesting clients.

Cons

Edelman does not care about you as a whole person. Atmosphere is gossipy and catty. All they care about is how much work and money they can squeeze out of you. Regret making to transition to agency work from in house. No wonder we can't keep clients and can't keep up with our competitors. It is burnout for real, with none of the perks of other demanding jobs.

Advice to Management

Think about your employees as people... it's almost a 50% turnover rate.

Edelman2019-08-13
  7. "already did this"

Former Employee - Account Supervisor

I worked at Edelman full-time for less than a year

Pros

great place to work and learn

Cons

literally no cons, great place to work

Edelman2019-05-06
  8. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Account Supervisor

I have been working at Edelman full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Accounts are good and varied

Cons

None that I can think kf

Edelman2019-02-02
  9. "Account Superviser"

Current Employee - Account Supervisor in Jakarta

I have been working at Edelman full-time for more than a year

Pros

Structured working environment for early-career professionals. Opportunity to work with clients from a broad range of industries. Entrepreneurial culture that's open to new ideas from all levels. Access to high-level campaigns.

Cons

Subjective performance evaluation. Below average salary. Work life balance is spoken of but barely enforced by upper management.

Advice to Management

People are your greatest assets... not clients.

Edelman2018-09-24

"Account Supervisor"

Current Employee - Account Supervisor in New York, NY

I have been working at Edelman full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

big company with a lot of capabilities and great brands

Cons

corrupt inner-workings; deserving talent goes unrecognized for years without promotions and show ponies get recognized/pr. Lack of transparency with promotions, unfair raises and vagueness surrounding the entire topic.

Advice to Management

recognize talent before they quit so the turnover doesn't keep getting worse.

Edelman2018-09-11