Eden Scott Reviews

1. 5.0

Great place to work

10 Apr 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in Edinburgh, Scotland, Scotland
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very supportive team and management An excellent place to learn and grow in recruitment Lots of training and development opportunities Good work is valued Challenging but good for the right personality and people who want to work hard

Cons

Thinking can sometimes be short term (placements and fees week to week) and not focusing enough on the long term (building time to strategise) Could be more collaborative between departments Very internally competitive at times when collaboration would be more beneficial

2. 4.0

Friendly atmosphere

15 Apr 2021 - Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people you work with

Cons

Agency recruitment - the usual issues

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

general

18 Feb 2021 - HR- Consultant in Glasgow, Scotland, Scotland
    Business Outlook

Pros

during the pandemic we have had a number of non work related teams meets to catch up which has been very important

Cons

none at the moment TBH

4. 1.0

would not recommend

1 Feb 2021 - Recruitment Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

traininig classes from experinced recruiters

Cons

bad management and pay. no work life balance

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company - progressive and mature approach to recruitment

2 Mar 2020 - Divisional Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

great people, the right KPI's and Targets, great work/life balance

Cons

none so far that I have seen

6. 1.0
    Former Employee

Nice people but not to work with.. selling the job prospect well but they can’t hold up to!

1 May 2019 -  in Aberdeen, Scotland, Scotland
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very welcoming and make you feel part of the team - initially. Great idea’s of allowing you to lead the way independently in building your own desk ( but constantly putting blocks in with fee’s and idea’s that don’t comply with market.)

Cons

Do not have knowledge of markets out with accounts and finance but yet do not take advice or criticism from people with experience out with their main industry. The team soon doesn’t feel that at all and colleagues are actually battling against each other venomously to be in the top spot. The atmosphere became draining and toxic. Lower/ junior consultants constantly bursting into tears in bathroom with pressure and constant thread of being let go if sales didn’t go up. Very competitive and false environment! Like their consultants to bow down and be quiet. Opinions are null and void if management don’t agree. Very narrow minded

6 people found this review helpful
  7. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Ok for an agency

20 Jun 2019 - Recruiter in Edinburgh, Scotland, Scotland
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice people , office location is great

Cons

Management only care about top performers. No time of your not flavor of the month

8. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Not really my thing

9 Jan 2020 - Trainee Graduate Recruitment Consultant - Analyst in Edinburgh, Scotland, Scotland
    Business Outlook

Pros

weekly pay, nice people, cool office

Cons

pressurised environment, the targets were unrealistic

9. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

No, Just No.

27 Jun 2017 - Senior Consultant in Edinburgh, Scotland, Scotland
    Business Outlook

Pros

I chose Eden Scott over several other agencies as I truly believed that they were different. They have a good reputation when it comes to clients and their candidate management is reasonable too. Salaries and benefits are good and for the most part, the staff are OK. Luke warm wine is served in the last Friday of every month. Oh and the lads all go golfing on a regular basis.

Cons

It's very much a 'face fits' environment. You'll learn very quickly if yours doesn't. There's no support structure in place or real training so you have to learn quickly and pretty much on a trial and error basis (as no one has time to answer your questions) ! There are lots of cliques within departments and with the exception of a few, no 'genuine' people (especially directors). There's no real leadership from Directors (only 2 of whom I actually have respect for!) in fact for the entire duration of my employment, no meetings either team or company, team building, motivational chats etc! only talk of boat parties, golf days and of course it's only the favourites that get /want to go! Longer serving staff are in it for themselves and will stab you in the back without blinking! There's very little trust and if you don't like the way things are done, don't even think about making your feelings known. This company isn't for everyone, so think long and hard before joining!

10 people found this review helpful

Eden Scott Response

Marketing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide Eden Scott with a review, we value your feedback. Thank you for highlighting our good reputation in the market with our clients and candidates, it is certainly where we are aiming to differentiate ourselves from the competition. Also thank you for your positive review of our salary and benefits package, this is always good to hear. Bit perplexed you were a fan of the lukewarm wine so we’ve decided not to take your advice on this one. We always welcome new staff into the fold here at Eden Scott. They get a chance to meet as many of the staff as possible although it does take a while to remember everyone’s name. Recruitment is a very competitive, fast paced world. We appreciate it can sometimes seem like whirlwind and it’s not suited to everyone. However we have always operated a “no question is too silly” approach as everyone is always learning, even the more experience consultants. Making mistakes is one of the best ways to learn, although it is important to action your learning, so you’re right our training does encourage our consultants to take responsibility for their actions. We would have to take issue with your assessment of your colleagues however. We understand that not everyone will get a long in a business but we do encourage and value respect while you work with us. Every one of our team comes to work to deliver the very best possible service for their clients and candidates. Their aim, and that of the business, is to build long lasting relationships with our customers so we can establish a business with real longevity. We believe, in an industry that has reputation for “the quick sell” that we can really differentiate ourselves with true customer service and we will always recruit for these skills. Our directors have lead the business through extremely challenging financial times and the business has continued to operate as a profitable independent business. Thank you for your advice on taking more new recruits for games of golf. We know not everyone enjoys a game on the links so we will try to find other ways to further develop our on-boarding process. As always we’d be happy to discuss with you offline if you’d like to get in touch.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

The best kind of recruitment agency...

13 Apr 2017 - Principal Consultant in Edinburgh, Scotland, Scotland
    Business Outlook

Pros

Recruitment can be a tough job and unfortunately the industry as a whole doesn't have a great reputation. As such it's really important to find the a company that genuinely values it's employees, provides a supporting & fun working environment and allows you to work in a way that works best for you - Eden Scott does just that. I've worked in other agencies where consultants are expected to give up their social life for the job, work ridiculous hours and be micro-managed over ridiculous KPIs. Eden Scott employees are trusted with the autonomy to get on with the job and are very well rewarded.. Personalised incentives are offered alongside a competitive commission structure and promotions & career progression are up for grabs for anyone who wants to work hard to achieve them. The directors and senior leadership team are always happy to provide advice and training & there is an excellent mentorship programme in place for those who really want to push themselves to that next level.

Cons

I genuinely can't think of one - have loved my 4 years here!

2 people found this review helpful