Edenhouse Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.9
Edenhouse Solutions CEO Paul Solomon
Paul Solomon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "A work life balance is encouraged, working from home is not frowned upon" (in 16 reviews)

• "We have a social team here too who organise events for us" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "On once occasion I had to attend a meeting in Birmingham office and I saw consultants in" (in 4 reviews)

• "Offices are not easy to reach with traffic/public transport" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Good people, really interesting work, love it"

I have been working at Edenhouse Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with first class people
    Great project work
    Customers really respect us
    Friendly and upbeat
    Small company feel but big company projects

Cons

Birmingham offices need a car to get there
    The benefits aren’t amazing but they are the same as everyone else - maybe an opportunity to improve?

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing and don’t listen to negative people

2. "Change is inevitable and in fact, welcome."

Current Employee - Software Developer in Birmingham, England
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Edenhouse Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Edenhouse has a diverse customer base providing plenty of interesting work to keep you on top of your game. You won't get bored.

If you can make the time, you can even squeeze in some training to keep your technical skills current.

Cons

The Birmingham location lacks local amenities and there is no option to get there via public transport without a 15 minute hike.

Advice to Management

Just don't forget your roots and ensure that staff are rewarded.

"Could be better. Was better."

Current Employee - SAP Consultant in Birmingham, England
    Current Employee - SAP Consultant in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Edenhouse Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good investment in staff training. Friendly staff. Reasonable salaries.

Cons

Culture has deteriorated over the last year since private equity investment. Some staff were made redundant, many more left. The easy culture has gone, it is less enjoyable working here. Bonuses weren't paid last time. Offices are not easy to reach with traffic/public transport.

Advice to Management

Invest more in staff and make them feel valued e.g. pay bonuses. Invest in the offices to make them more enjoyable places to work, more playful more interactive. Find ways to bring back the culture that existed a year ago and improve on it. Give staff a reason to be in the office rather than working from home.

"People focused company with a great future ahead!"

I have been working at Edenhouse Solutions full-time

Pros

-Work/Life balance
    -Training and Development
    - Friendly culture
    -Opportunity to get involved in really exciting projects
    - Support and guidance from colleagues
    - Bright future ahead

Cons

- More consistent communication needed across the business

Advice to Management

Keep up the work!

"Great company. Huge future ahead"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Edenhouse Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Top 100 employer
    Financially sound, best in class EBITDA
    Great Installed base
    Focused on SAP, Support, Implement and Sell
    Great tenured, experienced employees
    Fantastic culture and focused on evolving the company for the next ten years
    Board and leadership team committed to company and employee success.
    Opportunity for growth

Cons

The company is evolving and with change comes challenges. Keep the focus and pace of change consistent.

Advice to Management

Keep up the evolution
    The focus on shifting to cloud and digital will reap its rewards
    The focus on talent, Leadership and training is fantastic

"Slowly getting worse"

I have been working at Edenhouse Solutions full-time

Pros

Generally knowledgeable, experienced staff.
    Good social activities. Company has a social team who do a great job.

Cons

This used to be an excellent company to work for but things have been slowly falling apart over the last few years. This came to a head earlier this year when a significant number of people were made redundant.

As you can probably guess, this made people jumpy and some started to leave. In many cases they have not been replaced. As the company now has more work to do than people to do it, it is putting those why remain under pressure to do more, leading to more people leaving, which leads to more pressure and so on.

At the moment, people are leaving at a rate of about one a week, some areas of the office are mostly empty and it has the air or a company that's dying. The board, who used to very approachable and involved, are now distant and their plan for the company is unclear and shrouded in marketing mumbo-jumbo.

Advice to Management

Remember how you used to lead the company and try to get back to that. Employee confidence is at an all time low. It's all very well talking about transforming the company, we know it needs to change to keep up, but people need to see practical actions taken, not empty statements.

I really didn't want to write a negative review, I used to love working for this company, but now I think it's lost it's way.

"Lost it's Direction and Unique Culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

I worked at Edenhouse Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some of the best consultants, account directors, managers and presales people in the business. Nice offices (although parking at Birmingham office can be very challenging).

Cons

When I joined Edenhouse 6.5 years ago in early 2012 it was a vibrant, energetic, fun place to be with plans for the future that were realistic, and shared by the management team in open forums where questions and challenges were encouraged; these were great and helped motivate consultants and management alike to achieve great results for the company sales as well as high standards of delivery and support services. Over the course of late 2017 and 2018, the features that made Edenhouse a great company to work at have slowly been lost as have some of the best staff at all levels due to the shift in culture and the poor decisions made by senior management which have seen standards of customer service decrease and an inability to motivate and retain some of the best consultants and management that the company has ever had. CEO Paul Solomon used to be a major driving force within the business to inspire the whole company but he now appears to be distanced from the business with all new board level senior management hires seemingly having been sourced from SAP; hence the culture and ways of working at Edenhouse is now more closely related to a strictly managed revenue driven sales team within SAP which is not a good fit for a company the size of Edenhouse where look and feel is so important for the development of new customer relationships and existing customer retention.

Advice to Management

When you make fundamental changes to a person's role, remuneration or way of working, an email out of the blue from the manager is not the best approach. Discuss it with them on a face to face basis and encourage a conversation to ensure a full understanding of the decisions that have been made that affect them.
    There's more to ensuring an effective company culture than staff events and gifts; effective communication, genuine encouragement, transparency, inclusion, career development and other initiatives can have the same end result.

"SAP Consultant"

Current Employee - SAP Consultant in Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England

I have been working at Edenhouse Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Brilliant Company with a vision for the future. Always professional and totally focused on delivering the best solutions for clients. Great at sharing knowledge and making time to listen to everyone.

Cons

None - I love working at Edenhouse - Brilliant team.

Advice to Management

My only advice is to keep focused on the future and following the path we are taking now. Its new and exciting. I love it and so do our clients.

"Great company with a people centric culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Edenhouse Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture of Edenhouse sets it apart from other companies, the people that work here are extremely approachable and willing to share their knowledge. The social events are an added bonus too!
    A work life balance is encouraged, working from home is not frowned upon!

Cons

Birmingham office is quite remote with not much to do in the surrounding area, but not a lot can be done about that!

"looks good from the outset, but usual political garbage and problems once in"

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Edenhouse Solutions full-time

Pros

the money was better than competitors, some, and i say some, people are good

Cons

some terrible people working there. some in managment, some on the ground. chap named like a vegetable, says he likes to hear it "real", but actually doesn't. when confronted with "real" issues, he will blame you.
    another employee, down in the farnborough office exposed herself when saying, she is a "quick and dirty" worker. that to me, says it all. i felt sorry for the client

Advice to Management

keep an eye on who is bluffing