Edenhouse Solutions Employee Reviews about "senior management"

Updated 22 Apr 2020

3.1
Edenhouse Solutions CEO Paul Solomon
Paul Solomon
Pros
  • "A work life balance is encouraged, working from home is not frowned upon(in 17 reviews)

• "We have a social team here too who organise events for us(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "There’s been too much change in senior management in recent years(in 4 reviews)

• "Management team is a clique and if you cross them your card is marked(in 4 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "senior management"

Return to all Reviews

"Looking forward to the next seven years"

5.0
    Current Employee - Shared Services Staff in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Edenhouse Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have worked at Edenhouse for 7+ years and have watched the company grow into the thriving business it is today. In all that time a huge amount of effort has been made by senior management to ensure that the team culture is not eroded, It is one of the reasons I joined and part of the reason I stay. I have enjoyed excellent career progression and have always felt encouraged and supported to learn and try out new technology. The social activities are second to none and this is supported (both financially and as a resource) by senior management to encourage a team culture. Family friendly too with a good work/life balance.

Cons

Very busy sometimes , but that's when colleagues all pull together to get the job done

"Remember loyalty is a two way street"

2.0
    Current Employee - Consultant in Birmingham, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Edenhouse Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good range of projects and great consultants to work with.

Cons

Bad at communications and the rewards for hard work are nonexistent. No bonus for 3 years despite being over 100% utilised consistently. Edenhouse used to care about their employees welfare now it’s profit over all else. The management team would do well remembering that Loyalty is a two-way street. There’s been too much change in senior management in recent years. Company has lost some great managers and employees without explanation as to why and the ones who are left don’t seem to care or know much about their people anymore. was a great company now...just an average one.

July 7, 2020

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear you feel this way. The Leadership team has worked extremely hard throughout the unprecedented times to provide daily written communication to all employees throughout the current pandemic in addition to the 1:1s each employee has with their Manager which should also provide a communication cascade. As both communication and employee welfare is extremely important to us, to allay any concerns you have, we would be more than happy to offer a conversation offline. Please do not hesitate to reach out to a member of the Leadership team we can arrange this accordingly.

3. "Change is inevitable but good"

4.0
    Current Employee - SAP Consultant in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Edenhouse Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

People, knowledge and exciting projects to work on that are real. Great opportunities to work in S4, SF and Cloud. You get out what you put in so it’s up to you to develop your own knowledge with training available however the opportunities are there if you want them. Great people with lots of knowledge and sharing culture. Everyone I have worked with so far on 3 projects has been friendly, approachable and knowledge on their topics. It isn’t for everyone but if you find your role and place as I have it’s a great place to work and develop

Cons

Change isn’t easy for everyone. Company needs to accept that and people need to not dwell as much in the past as they have. The future looks positive for all as long as balance of work and reward can be managed. There needs to be much more stability in the senior management team and far more promotions from within the company rather than consistently bringing in people who have no idea of the culture or industry.

Continue reading

"Lost it's Direction and Unique Culture"

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Edenhouse Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some of the best consultants, account directors, managers and presales people in the business. Nice offices (although parking at Birmingham office can be very challenging).

Cons

When I joined Edenhouse 6.5 years ago in early 2012 it was a vibrant, energetic, fun place to be with plans for the future that were realistic, and shared by the management team in open forums where questions and challenges were encouraged; these were great and helped motivate consultants and management alike to achieve great results for the company sales as well as high standards of delivery and support services. Over the course of late 2017 and 2018, the features that made Edenhouse a great company to work at have slowly been lost as have some of the best staff at all levels due to the shift in culture and the poor decisions made by senior management which have seen standards of customer service decrease and an inability to motivate and retain some of the best consultants and management that the company has ever had. CEO Paul Solomon used to be a major driving force within the business to inspire the whole company but he now appears to be distanced from the business with all new board level senior management hires seemingly having been sourced from SAP; hence the culture and ways of working at Edenhouse is now more closely related to a strictly managed revenue driven sales team within SAP which is not a good fit for a company the size of Edenhouse where look and feel is so important for the development of new customer relationships and existing customer retention.

"Consultant"

1.0
    Former Employee - Consultant in Manchester, England

I worked at Edenhouse Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Ideal for freshers and pensioners.

Cons

Not a company to work for to plan a career path. Lack of motivation. Employees complaining. Training programmes are old fashioned. Perfect Call Centre style of working. Teach you how to handle calls in training. Very weird for a SAP consulting company. Terrible work location. Located beside garbage dumping ground and tipping place in Coleshill. No canteen, Limited meeting rooms. Cannot walk out due to terrible smell. Lack of senior management focus. Few experienced senior consultants. Rest all are freshers, still being charged the full rates to clients. Bullying culture in some of the teams. Need a drastic change. CEO's message for his cycle charity collection seems more of a threat than request - Your collections will go a long way :(

Continue reading
  6. "Good work life balance with EHS!"

4.0
    SAP Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Edenhouse Solutions for more than 3 years

Pros

Very flexible employer, empower you to manage your own work and management only step in when you need to escalate or raise an issue. Good culture of working together, better than other employers I've previously worked for. Also company social occasions are encouraged. Very approachable senior management.

Cons

Sometimes difficult to manage priorities due to nature of mixing project/support working. Also due to flat structure there is no obvious career path

July 17, 2017Internal Recruitment Consultant

Hi, It’s great to hear your honest review. We completely understand your concerns around the flat structure linking to no obvious career path. It’s always reassuring to know where your career is taking you. This is a concern that is currently being looked into and has already been discussed internally to improve. We are sure you will see more structure around career paths in the not so distant future and in the meantime, it’s encouraged that employees speak with their managers to discuss career aspirations. Feel free to contact Recruitment and/or HR to see what’s been discussed. Thank you for your review

"Amazing people and culture!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England

I have been working at Edenhouse Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Incredibly smart and interesting colleagues. They're also collaborative, supportive, and happy to share their industry knowledge and experience. I've discovered excellent peer-to-peer skill building opportunities. Encouraged to improve yourself, with skills that will be valuable wherever you go. The senior management team really want you to be successful and offer a ton of valuable feedback, coaching and training. Really supportive in helping to promote and maintain a good work/life balance. Management take a genuine interest in ensuring employee well-being.

Cons

Edenhouse is a fast moving company. The positive is that this allows for incredible personal growth and opportunity, but it is not a place for slackers.

November 18, 2015Recruitment Manager

Hello, Thank you for writing such a positive review. It is fantastic to know that you feel this way about the organisation and that you recognise the flexibility from Edenhouse such as the work life balance. We understand that we are a fast moving organisation and appreciate the hard work and dedication of our employees but at the same time we are also very interested in the well being of our employees. We would always encourage them to reach out in times of stress and need so that we can work with them to help them through difficult times. We have also implemented changes to our structure to alleviate pressure/stress and also to create a wider pool of team leads and managers for employees to turn to. Kind regards,

Viewing 1 - 6 of 7 English Reviews