Edward Jones Employee Reviews about "home office"

Updated Nov 9, 2021

Found 290 of over 3,717 reviews

4.0
Edward Jones Managing Partner  Penny Pennington
Penny Pennington
Pros
  • "At Edward Jones you are treated like a valued employee(in 275 reviews)

• "Home office staff can help you figure out pretty much anything you don’t know how to do(in 198 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The financial advisor you work with dictates your experience at the job(in 247 reviews)

• "Didn’t like door knocking aspect of the job(in 204 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Edward Jones

Join the conversation on

Financial Advisors

1y

works at

Edward Jones

Ive currently worked at Edward Jones for 2 years. I have 54mm AUM, grossing approximately 480k annual revenue. I have considered going independent, but don’t know a ton about that process. I am looking to build a team and grow my practice beyond the limitations of Edward Jones. What is the recommended process to start looking at options?

47 Comments

Finance

29.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Edward Jones~3161
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "home office"

Return to all Reviews

Nov 9, 2021 - Senior BOA in O'Fallon, MO
      Recommend
      CEO Approval
      Business Outlook

Pros

Branch offices are typically made up of teams of 2 (Financial Advisor & BOA), so naturally the dynamic between them must be, like a marriage, well balanced. My FA & I have quickly risen from Level 0 to Level 7 (out of 10). As your office advances in profitability & net assets under care, so does both party's bonus opportunities, which can substantially boost your compensation. In my case, my FA & I smoothed out any rough edges over the last couple of years & now operate as a very effective team. After working as a Project Manager at IBM at a high pressure Client site with lots of office politics to work around, the BOA position was a perfect fit after a hiatus of 15 years to raise my kids. NO office mates, so no drama. You don't really feel isolated though, because you are constantly interacting with Clients, Home Office (by phone) & of course your Financial Advisor.

Cons

At first, the learning curve is steep. Just when you get your head around a process or tool, it changes. If you do not like to be challenged in this way, it can be overwhelming.

1 person found this review helpful