Egress Software Technologies Employee Reviews about "benefit"
93% would recommend to a friend
(25 total reviews)
94% approve of CEO
The latest conversations about Tech
8 hours ago
Global Alliance & Program Management
Tech bowl… so Amazon Fire TVs I had a simple Samsung TV that randomly broke after 3 years. hardware part on inside i think I want to buy another tv but dont want to spend more than $400 if the TV will break again in 3 years If both an Amazon Fire TV ($400) and Samsung picture frame TV (~$1500-2000) will both break in 3 years, i’d rather buy the Amazon Fire Any feedback on this?
Got a burning question about Egress Software Technologies? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Egress Software Technologies employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Some great people to work with in all departments." (in 24 reviews)
- "The culture is great." (in 18 reviews)
- "We are mostly egoless programmers at Egress which means we are able to learn from our peers and develop as a unit, a must for any good team!" (in 12 reviews)
- "Great benefits including 'flexi" (in 10 reviews)
- "Colleagues were friendly and welcoming." (in 9 reviews)
- "For a London based company, many staff find they can move onto better salaries within 3 months." (in 5 reviews)
- "The pay is also awful and they will routinely say that they make up for this in other aspects even though they do not offer anything that another company will not on top of a decent salary." (in 4 reviews)
- "Management Is a complete clique" (in 4 reviews)
- "Lack of training" (in 3 reviews)
Found 25 of over 163 reviews
Updated 4 Dec 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "benefit"Return to all Reviews
- 5.026 Mar 2023DirectorCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsLondon, England
I’m in my tenth year at Egress & it’s an absolute joy, having seen the business grow from 20 to 300 colleagues in my tenure. Good people attract other good people, we all steadfastly support each other through thick & thin, which makes you want to come to work and make a difference. No one day is the same as the one before, it’s fast-paced and you’re always learning something new. Innovating, improving, constantly feeling a sense of achievement through your various projects. Senior leadership are always approachable; you’re listened to, you & your ideas matter. We also have regular ‘All Hands’ meetings where literally anyone in the business is given a platform to air their new tech / process etc. to the rest of the business. Learning & development training is part of your work schedule, they invest in the person & their career, even if you want a career change, it’s possible at Egress, they will support you. Regular 121s with your manager, with constructive feedback on how to continually improve. Hard work & positive results are acknowledged and rewarded. Increasingly better staff benefits (HR forums collect what is wanted & actioned). Pension, health care, a very active ‘Culture Club’, well-stocked kitchens, pool table (& a league!) and much more! Flexible working hours, plus extra eFlex half days and hours (in addition to holiday allowance – you can also buy extra holiday days). Remote working, even outside of your ‘home country’ (I’m UK-based, but writing this review whilst working in Sydney, Australia!). Or work from our offices across the UK, North America or Australia. Regular team & company socials are always fun, it’s a cliché, but we really do work hard and play hard! All this culminates in Egress’ global workforce producing a world class security platform of products that keep our satisfied customers working in safe and secure environments.
Fast-paced environment, so some maturing processes are continually improving to align different teams. Keep a tight rein on your work-life balance, you might enjoy your work too much!
- 5.026 Apr 2018Finance PlacementCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearLondon, England
- Everyone stands by the work hard play hard attitude. This means employees often go above and beyond to help customers and fellow colleagues. - There is a brilliant social aspect to the company with monthly office socials and other great activities such as the office pool league. - For a placement student this is a brilliant introduction into the business world. Despite working in finance I have had the opportunity to work closely with sales, marketing and technical services. This has allowed me to gain a perspective of the business from multiple teams. - Despite being a placement student I have been treated the same as any other employee and given lots of responsibility which has allowed me to learn more and challenge myself. - The London office offers amazing views and a brilliant social scene with lots of bars and restaurants, a perfect location for a placement student. - The company offers lots of benefits such as free breakfast, cycle to work scheme, monthly socials, a Christmas Party and 2 annual company events.
- I think there was a lack of training/preparation at the start of my placement. I had a 2 week hand over with the previous placement student but after they left I was discovering tasks they did that I had not been told about. Although this is not entirely bad as it challenged me to learn and grow into the role quicker.2
- 5.024 Jan 2023SalesCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
Hot market Amazing tech that clients seem to love Likeable and humble team to work with Growing fast Really good benefits - and I have the ability to tailor them. Good socials So many opportunities to progress - internally and geographically
It is really fast paced so there is pressure to succeed quickly If you want a role that is 100% home based it isn't the best fit
- 5.02 May 2023Customer ExperienceCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsLondon, England
* Super talented team working in the hottest space in cyber security * Lots of opportunities for learning and career growth * Great benefits including 'flexi-days' for recharging.
* Company is experiencing significant growth, which brings the usual growing pains * The CX team is growing in 3 continents, and cross team training and communication takes extra effort.
- 4.018 Oct 2022Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
Well equipped office Decent Salary Opportunities for growth
Lack of travel Constant switching of direction/objectives Could be better benefits
- 5.027 Jul 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
- Talented colleagues - Honesty and transparency - Benefits refresh shows how employees are valued - Career progression is clear - Rewarding work that has a positive impact
- Priorities can change quite quickly which can sometimes be frustrating
- 5.027 Apr 2022DPO Data Protection OfficerCurrent Employee
Flexible working that focuses on delivery and using time effectively. Benefits are top notch. Everyone seems to love the work they do. There is a wonderful mix of cultures and backgrounds in a multi-national and multi-cultural setting. While the socials are there and quite varied if you choose, the day to day interactions with people are what makes everything enjoyable. We have the ability to reach out to any area of the business and get either the information or help to complete the task at hand. In my experience everyone is given the flexibility to move both laterally and throughout the organisation. There is a genuine care for you as an individual and there is real meaning behind it. Regular engagements with all staff helps keep everyone abreast of what the company is doing, how performance is measured and progress. These are all fantastic and help people advance their career's in a positive work environment.
There is not really anything that I have found to be a negative experience. There is some legacy software that has been designed in a way that solved some very important problems in highly regulated industries. So sometimes that puts a challenge in helping users. That said the newer products are really cool, effective, and work transparently. Most people would not know they are using it.
- 5.014 Jul 2022Software Developer (Placement Year)Current Intern, less than 1 yearSheffield, England
- A welcoming and friendly team who try their best to support you from day one with your work and learning. - Offered a level of responsibility I didn't think possible on a placement. I was able to work on business critical code, putting me ahead of many other graduates. - Opportunities to move throughout the business to experience all areas you'd like to, although I chose not to move teams due to the diversity in experience I was already receiving! - Working in a growing and ever-changing business allowed me to see and experience many different working styles (large team, small squads, management changes). - Great company culture, lots of social opportunities, occasional office lunches, and various activities available to take part in outside of work. - Flexible working arrangement, offices open for use with working from home also offered, 'flexi' hours throughout the week, and trust given to all staff. - Good benefits even for placements! - Regular 'check-ins' with your line manager, as well as weekly drop in sessions if you have any issues. - 'No pressure' environment, I never felt pressured to complete work that I wasn't able to. Instead was offered help by other members of the team, and able to treat it as a learning opportunity.
- Not the most competitive salary for placement students in the software industry. - Often found there is a lack of work that can be picked up, as knowledge to complete it lies with a specific few people who are too busy to help you with it. - Lacking an 'official' training program of any sorts so placements tend to get dropped in at the deep end (not necessarily a bad thing, I learned a lot doing this) which can hinder progress.1
- 2.011 Aug 2019Sales ExecutiveFormer Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
- You'll meet some great people here. - Lots of socializing outside of the office. - Benefits are okay, and the free food / drink at any point of the day helps. - Location of the office is fantastic. - Comp plan is achievable.
- Low basic salary. - A clique can be found in all areas of the business. - Serious suggestions aren't always taken on board by senior management. - Sometimes difficult to keep up with the internal processes.2
- 5.024 Oct 2016Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
This is my first proper job after graduating so I don't have much to compare it to apart from a few shop jobs. My time here seems to have flown by which is probably a sign that I’ve enjoyed it. When I left University I was simply looking for a job to earn money but I’m really glad I found Egress. My first bits of work were small tasks but as I showed I was capable of more I got given more complex things to do. This is a small company and very soon I was involved in working on planning projects with senior managers. We’ve just had a summer company meeting where the whole company went to a London hotel for a business update and a big party. Travelling down from Yorkshire it was like a holiday outing, with coach breakdown thrown in for extra fun. At the update the Directors talked about the problems the company was going through as some people have been fired and others have resigned. There have been a few people in my office unhappy with stuff but what impressed me was the willingness to tackle tough subjects head on and be honest about what mistakes had been made in the last few months and what the company were doing to change things. The presentations by Tony and Rich were passionate and from the heart. Just like at the kick off party in January, I sat on a table with people from other offices and it was great to meet people from other parts of the company. Then after the presentations were over, funs and games, free food, free bar, free night in hotel. Repeat twice a year. Yes please.
Salary is ok but only ok. Benefits is ok but only OK. The Barnsley office split into two with half going to Sheffield earlier in the year and we miss our Yorkshire brothers.4