Egress Software Technologies Employee Reviews about "culture"
93% would recommend to a friend
(62 total reviews)
94% approve of CEO
Found 62 of over 163 reviews
Updated 4 Dec 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Some great people to work with in all departments." (in 24 reviews)
- "The culture is great." (in 18 reviews)
- "We are mostly egoless programmers at Egress which means we are able to learn from our peers and develop as a unit, a must for any good team!" (in 12 reviews)
- "Great benefits including 'flexi" (in 10 reviews)
- "Colleagues were friendly and welcoming." (in 9 reviews)
- "For a London based company, many staff find they can move onto better salaries within 3 months." (in 5 reviews)
- "The pay is also awful and they will routinely say that they make up for this in other aspects even though they do not offer anything that another company will not on top of a decent salary." (in 4 reviews)
- "Management Is a complete clique" (in 4 reviews)
- "Lack of training" (in 3 reviews)
Reviews about "culture"Return to all Reviews
- 5.028 Jan 2019Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
High interest in the space from customers and investors. Global growth funded by recent investment round. Great culture led from the top. Exec vision and leadership is really strong. Amazing opportunities for smart, dedicated people. This business is going places.
Like most businesses on a fast growth trajectory Egress expects hard work and dedication, but the rewards are clearly there.4
- 5.021 May 2020Account ExecutiveCurrent EmployeeLondon, England
Everyone is really easy to approach and the team are always willing to help, including the C-Suite - which is pretty rare based on my previous experiences. There is loads of support for personal development as well as a great company culture!
Nothing obvious springs to mind. The company is full of ambitious people so you're expected to work hard but you're rewarded well!1
- 2.08 Oct 2019QA EngineerFormer Employee, less than 1 yearLondon, England
- Good salary - Good social/work culture
- Little compassion for personal issue is shown. - Work can be completely boring and tedious.5
- 4.08 Dec 2022Project ManagerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearLondon, England
Egress offers a great learning culture throughout the whole organisation. It's a really friendly company. Personal development of the team and individuals is really important to management. There's great flexibility when working
C-level isn't very gender diverse , I'd like to see more improvements in this area.
- 5.024 Oct 2023Product ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsLondon, England
Culturally, individuals are always pushed, there is always opportunity to take on something new or out of your comfort zone. I've moved through 3 or 4 distinct teams/functions since joining - some didn't exist when I started, in office locations we didn't have. We haven't lost the smaller company personality and culture despite being 5x the headcount we were when I joined. We continue to grow at an exceptional rate quarter by quarter, and the company stood by employees throughout the pandemic period. I have the autonomy to set my own style of working, but a management structure in place to remove blockers & address issues when I need them. For younger candidates coming in, there is a great social scene in every office, plenty of opportunities to diversify whatever skillset you may have and (in my experience) plenty of support when needed.
Scale up vibe is not for everyone & this is not a place to blend into the background and remain anonymous.
- 5.028 Apr 2022DirectorCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
Team is everything at Egress - the team take pride in their work and are always willing to help others. I think our customers enjoy working with us! It feels good to come to work knowing that what we acheive is quite literally stopping the bad guys! The culture is great. There is loads of autonomy, a clear sense that the leadership really care about all the team, demonstrated in their openess for ideas from across the team and the flexibility they show for hybrid/ remote working are just two examples. It is also a fun place to work - there is alway s a buzz in the office when the team get together.
The work is demanding and there is lots to do and never enough hours in the day - not necessarily a con if you like a challenging environment. The advanced nature of the technology platform means there is a lots to learn - again not necessarily a con if you have a high level of curiosity and a good propensity for learning.
- 5.022 Apr 2017Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
I joined Egress in 2015 and it's clear the company is really going places. The people are really superb and I get along with everyone. The technologies in use are an interesting mix and although some parts of my job in Support can be a bit mundane (password resets and simple non-tech queries) I have learned a great deal here already and see a good future ahead. The company is growing fast and new jobs crop up all the time. I'm hoping to move into the dev team at some point. My manager is a good listener and is really good at helping me to learn things. The social side of life at Egress is great. We had a company kick off at celtic manor all paid for and every month there is an outing or activity, again all paid for. The company focuses a lot on culture and it is so much better than other places I have worked. No one has a office, not even the senior people.
Resources are tight in my team and sometimes there hardly seems any time to do anything other than answer customer calls. The offices are tired and are beginning to get very hot even though it is only April, but it looks like a move is happening soon so that should improve things. Can we all be on one floor please? More fruit would be nice as it runs out quickly.1
- 5.027 Apr 2022Account ExecutiveCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsLondon, England
-Great Company with lots of opportunities for progression as the company is growing fast -Amazing company culture -Everyone from all levels is approachable and more than happy to help -Work hard play hard -Flexible working with remote and office -I enjoy coming to work everyday
Very few cons, once you are here you would find it very hard to even want to move as it feels less like a job and more like home.
- 5.013 Nov 2022Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Everyone contributes to the success of the company which makes for a great company culture. Management are great and really care for the staff.
Communication from senior leadership but this is something they are working on.
- 5.019 Nov 2018Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
Egress truly is a great place to work - the company is growing at an incredible rate with a constant stream of new people, who all bring unique qualities to the business. Infectious positive culture and a 'can-do' vibe with a real ethos on collaboration to achieve success. When I joined the company I settled in immediately and felt respected and trusted to do my job right from the beginning. With a very approachable Executive team, your opinion is valued wherever you fit in the organisation. Great office location, facilities and perks!
No downsides as of yet.4