Egress Software Technologies Employee Reviews about "team"
93% would recommend to a friend
(67 total reviews)
94% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Some great people to work with in all departments." (in 24 reviews)
- "The culture is great." (in 18 reviews)
- "We are mostly egoless programmers at Egress which means we are able to learn from our peers and develop as a unit, a must for any good team!" (in 12 reviews)
- "Great benefits including 'flexi" (in 10 reviews)
- "Colleagues were friendly and welcoming." (in 9 reviews)
- "For a London based company, many staff find they can move onto better salaries within 3 months." (in 5 reviews)
- "The pay is also awful and they will routinely say that they make up for this in other aspects even though they do not offer anything that another company will not on top of a decent salary." (in 4 reviews)
- "Management Is a complete clique" (in 4 reviews)
- "Lack of training" (in 3 reviews)
Found 67 of over 163 reviews
Updated 4 Dec 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "team"Return to all Reviews
- 5.014 Feb 2019Account ExecutiveCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearLondon, England
Have no doubt, this is a superb place to work. When I left university I was just looking for a well paid and interesting sales role. I interviewed at Egress (meeting one of the founders in the process) and was immediately attracted by the ambitious plans the company has and I have to say even after only a short time working here it’s clear I’ve made a good decision. My team and the technical staff we work alongside are so supportive. In addition, the leadership in the company are truly inspirational, something that was reinforced at the two day Kick Off offsite last week. With new products in the pipeline and worldwide expansion plans in place, I’m really looking forward to the next few years with Egress.
I haven’t spotted any cons as yet. It’s refreshing to see a company be so transparent about its challenges. The HR Director’s speech at Kick Off spotlighted the areas where improvements are required, and he asked everyone for suggestions on how to address them.3
- 4.027 Oct 2022Customer Success Manager (CSM)Current Employee, more than 1 year
1) Amazing leadership from direct manager, VP and CCO 2) Colleagues that turn into lifetime friends 3) Flexibility 4) Great on-boarding process created by my manager 5) Clear set goals for development 6) Recognition when you or the team do an amazing job, which is great for the moral 7) Good opportunities to get out of your comfort zone to develop yourself 8) Most recently, investments into learning and development 9) Empathetic and understanding leadership especially when it comes to family 10) Great working collaboratively with other teams
1) More cultural diversity needed in sales teams 2) Recent redundancies have caused people to feel on edge and unstable causing a drop in moral
- 5.014 Nov 2018Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearLondon, England
-You are treated as a team member first and a student second which makes you feel really welcome as soon as you join. - All of the placement students report to senior management, this means that you are provided with a wealth of knowledge throughout your time at Egress. - The team I work with are so supportive and I am never hesitant to ask for help. - Egress offers lots of benefits, we are provided with free breakfasts, free fruit and monthly socials!
Nothing I can think of!4
- 5.018 Oct 2016Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Egress is a great company to work for. As a fast growing company there is huge opportunity to quickly progress in your career. The management team are easily approachable and are very passionate about bringing out the best in individuals and their teams. The social aspect is better than any company i have previously worked for with monthly socials (crazy golf, pub quizzes, nights at the zoo) as well as regular table tennis and pool tournaments in the office. There is a 'work hard play hard' ethos and Egress offers attractive incentives and rewards for those who strive to do well.
Company wide communication (updates, changes to teams etc.) is sometimes quite delayed. This doesn't cause any major problems but can sometimes be frustrating to hear things 'through the grapevine'.6
- 5.028 Apr 2022Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
I have been at Egress now just over two years. The one thing I can not stress enough is the care given to its employees. The management team are incredibly supportive and always make time out of their busy diaries if you need help. There are no barriers in terms of accessing management or directors. Initiatives around work/life balance is great and they have things in place like mental health aiders and diversity forums which really encourages a culture of inclusivity. At Egress you can really help shape the direction the business is going in terms of suggesting change and getting involved in introducing new processes and 'better' ways to work. The passion for the company is proven by the drive shown in all its employees.
No cons to note at current.
- 4.08 Dec 2022Project ManagerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearLondon, England
Egress offers a great learning culture throughout the whole organisation. It's a really friendly company. Personal development of the team and individuals is really important to management. There's great flexibility when working
C-level isn't very gender diverse , I'd like to see more improvements in this area.
- 5.014 Jul 2022Software Developer (Placement Year)Current Intern, less than 1 yearSheffield, England
- A welcoming and friendly team who try their best to support you from day one with your work and learning. - Offered a level of responsibility I didn't think possible on a placement. I was able to work on business critical code, putting me ahead of many other graduates. - Opportunities to move throughout the business to experience all areas you'd like to, although I chose not to move teams due to the diversity in experience I was already receiving! - Working in a growing and ever-changing business allowed me to see and experience many different working styles (large team, small squads, management changes). - Great company culture, lots of social opportunities, occasional office lunches, and various activities available to take part in outside of work. - Flexible working arrangement, offices open for use with working from home also offered, 'flexi' hours throughout the week, and trust given to all staff. - Good benefits even for placements! - Regular 'check-ins' with your line manager, as well as weekly drop in sessions if you have any issues. - 'No pressure' environment, I never felt pressured to complete work that I wasn't able to. Instead was offered help by other members of the team, and able to treat it as a learning opportunity.
- Not the most competitive salary for placement students in the software industry. - Often found there is a lack of work that can be picked up, as knowledge to complete it lies with a specific few people who are too busy to help you with it. - Lacking an 'official' training program of any sorts so placements tend to get dropped in at the deep end (not necessarily a bad thing, I learned a lot doing this) which can hinder progress.1
- 4.015 Jul 2021Software Development InternCurrent Intern, less than 1 yearSheffield, England
- Great working culture and friendly environment, - Was encouraged to give my opinion in the team lots and to take lead on my projects - Encourage training and learning, I was encouraged to use some of my working time to do online courses aswell as being given a free account for datacamp and also 5 day ticket for the Women in Technology festival. - Given opportunities to choose the work I would like to do and explore different areas of Data Science - Overall had a good experience during my internship
Could have more support structures in place: - Didn't have a set learning structure that some bigger companies may be able to offer such as company set training courses. This wasn't too much of a problem as I was given lots of support by managers and team members but overall a lot of the learning was independent (especially as I was working from home) - Would be nice to see them implement more mentor schemes especially for interns and for women in technology, even for the opportunity to talk to more people across the company
- 5.014 Jul 2022Sales Operations PlacementCurrent Intern, more than 1 yearLondon, England
- Amazing workforce: Friendly, supportive, inclusive, chatty, helpful, and have been unbelievable to work and talk with. - Perfect Job Role: My job role is an amazing opportunity for me to gain valuable experience and knowledge before going back to Uni. While searching for placements I was unsure of what I wanted as a career. After being at Egress I have been able to first hand see and collaborate with many job roles and understand their responsibilities and day-to-day activities. In addition, to my own role I have been provided with a sense of understanding for my aspirations due to the opportunities and projects at Egress. - The Sales Operations Team and Marketing Team are the teams I fall under with my job role. Everyone in these teams have been supportive, friendly, and guiding from as soon as I joined Egress and it has stayed this way until the very end of my placement. And everyone else outside of those teams have followed suit, making me feel very welcome. - Company atmosphere is brilliant: if you go into the office you will always have someone to talk to either someone you already know or a new face. They have arranged many company events that have been a joy to be a part of while also being inclusive to everyone no matter the hobbies and likes. - My placement has allowed me to organise and plan for my future career: looking into certificates and qualifications, building upon skills, and understanding what my perfect industry, company, and role would be.
- Honestly I can't think of any cons throughout my experience at Egress. Only issues faced have been through the fault of COVID-19 so I have nothing bad to say about my time at Egress. I wish I had came into the office more often!
- 5.018 Nov 2018Software EngineerCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
Very positive experience so far. Co-workers are all very friendly and approachable. No feel of unnecessary hierarchy with founders still closely involved in day to day work. Induction was thorough and massively helpful. I felt very welcome from day one and everyone in the team is very friendly. The vibe and most importantly the people here are beyond amazing! One of the only companies I've worked for that tries to care as best they can for their staff, even when pressures are high. The work feels less 'cog in a machine' because your input is valued and you can just walk up to another developer to discuss problems and figure out solutions. You can learn about other parts of the business but this is up to the individual to create these relationships to do this.
It still feels a bit like it's finding its feet in terms of structure as it is such a fast-growing company, so there is sometimes a bit of disorganisation at times. A recent internal survey showed not everything was rosy but the company has taken action to address issues head on (eg Wellbeing project, and regular company update calls to address communication). There has been some uncertainty about when the move to Sheffield will happen and whether we will be compensated for additional travel and parking.3