Elements Talent Consultancy Reviews

Updated 11 Jun 2020

4.4
Elements Talent Consultancy CEO  Daniel Goldstein (no image)
Daniel Goldstein
Pros
  • "The commitment from our Senior Leadership team and Board members in making Elements one of the best place to work has no limit(in 15 reviews)

• "Loads of autonomy and great people to work with(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Not really a con but growing pains like any other new business will have from going from a small company to a large one(in 6 reviews)

• " no cons (in 4 reviews)

1. COVID-19

"An amazing company to be a part of!"

Current Employee - Talent Research Partner in London, England

I have been working at Elements Talent Consultancy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work/life balance with a great culture. Has been a very interesting journey so far. Have even maintained the strong culture even whilst having to work from home during lockdown. Interesting embedded model and also a very clear promotional structure alongside it. Would definitely recommend!

Cons

No jacuzzi or lime cordial in the office. Can't really think of any big negatives about this company off the top of my head.

Continue reading

"Best place I have ever worked in - some growing pains"

Current Employee - Talent Research Partner in London, England

I have been working at Elements Talent Consultancy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Elements is without a doubt the best place I have worked at, I have been here for about a year and I have learnt and grown in that time much more than I have in any of my previous jobs. 1. this is something that has been mentioned a few times before, the people at Elements are great, I have learnt a lot from some amazing Recruiters. 2. Partners, in my time here I have had the chance to work with some incredible technology companies, you will not get a chance to work with companies like this anywhere else really. 3. freedom - Elements trust us to be adults, we manage our own time and deliver great results because we are in an environment where we are basically happy. I have worked in some amazing internal projects which have developed my leadership and have made me better professional overall. Throughout my time here, the company has done nothing but push me forward and help me succeed. 4 Openness - there is a quarterly company-wide town hall where people submit questions directly to the CEO and C-Suite . Anything can be asked, I have found the answers to be helpful.

Cons

There are certainly some growing pains, we have grown very quickly and there is some stress that comes with that growth. It is not very clear how we can succeed and get promoted here. This has led to a perception that you need to be friends with the right people to get promoted. The company really needs to work hard to make sure every person knows exactly what milestones they need to hit to get promoted, still, constant salary reviews help with this somewhat. With all this - I would recommend anyone to work here. In fact, most of my friends are jealous of my job and I don't blame them!

Continue reading

"Great Culture with endless opportunities!"

Current Employee - Talent Partner in London, England

Pros

To be part of a company who are changing the game of the way companies recruit! Work with a passionate and open CEO Great open, supportive and mature working culture, this environment allows you to feel confident to open about who you are and not be judged Awesome Offices Great progression and endless opportunities to learn The ability to work with other incredible colleagues who are always happy to help #togetherincredible The chance to work with world-leading partners I could go on! .... but they are truly endless!

Cons

mmm.... the fact I can't think of one off the top of my head makes this hard to fill out

"A FANTASTIC COMPANY WITH GREAT PEOPLE, OPPORTUNITIES AND BENEFITS"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in London, England

Pros

-First of all the PEOPLE! I have the opportunity to work with some of the smartest and most knowledgeable Talent Acquisition professionals! From a professional and human point of view, my colleagues are absolutely amazing and it's very refreshing and different from what I have experienced before -The commitment from our Senior Leadership team and Board members in making Elements one of the best place to work has no limit. Also each one of them is extremely approachable (board members included) which is not something you would experience in most organisations...! -Our perks and benefits package is great: Options, LTIP, Sabbatical, breakfasts, lunches, summer days, wellbeing sessions, CSR and Clubs events and even more!! - We have offices in Malaysia and Stockholm making relocation opportunities very exciting - EMPLOYEES DO HAVE A VOICE! we have anonymous C-suite Q&As each month, Employee Surveys twice a year, and great people at leadership level who help us escalate and resolve challenges that we may be facing. Everything at Elements is employee lead which is very empowering. - We have a very diverse workforce which in our industry is pretty extraordinary....!

Cons

There will always be things we can improve but we if I have to think of anything: - More clarity on career progression would be great - Investment in Training - Some individuals can really be TOXIC in the workplace!!! Not good for other employees' morale. To be fair, it's been great seeing some of them leaving the organisation recently. It's disappointing seeing them trying to tarnish Elements reputation on Glassdoor as well ... it comes across as very childish and bitter. But certainly DOES NOT REFLECT how the majority of us feel...

Continue reading

"Hmm, Lost Its Way. Shame"

Former Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in London, England

I worked at Elements Talent Consultancy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to learn Flexi time Salary Socials Company events Clients Travel

Cons

Where do we start , Lad culture, Favouritism , Poor management, Cult like approach, Clear divides on tables and at lunch , ZERO transparency and overall lack of quality in staff. Just not what it was when i Joined, A real shame.

Elements Talent Consultancy Response

May 29, 2020

Thank you for leaving this review. Naturally, we find its contents concerning, and take the claims you make extremely seriously. In order to allow us to investigate and deal with these matters properly, we would ask that you send an email to grievances@weareelements.io, providing as much detail and evidence of your claims as possible. All grievances will be thoroughly investigated by our independent Group Chair, and should we find evidence of any of the claims you make, we will not hesitate to take the action necessary to remedy the situation.

"An HONEST and entirely FACTUAL review"

2.0
    Former Employee - Talent Research Partner in Camden Town, England

I worked at Elements Talent Consultancy full-time for more than a year

Pros

- A real opportunity to learn and improve recruitment knowledge - Relevant and useful knowledge is shared easily across the business - Amazing calibre of clients, usually with autonomous tech-driven cultures - Socials and company events usually go above and beyond - Nice office - Progression after you leave, is great - SOME great people

Cons

1. Disgraceful lack of accountability - on SEVERAL occasions I reported my own negative and uncomfortable experiences (further details below) to senior management and HR. This was usually met with an attitude that implied I was the problem, terms such as "you need to build a reputation", "you're not going to be liked straight away", "you're not a valued employee unless you've been here a year" and finally "do these complaints have anything to do with your lack of productivity?" were used. The latter two coming from the CEO himself. Have a look at some of their responses to other reviews on Glassdoor, that is EXACTLY how all company critcism is handled and it's very telling. 2. Pretentiousness &; Racism - The workforce is definitely diverse, which makes overhearing things like "stay away from that lot"- from a lead to a favoured employee, all the more shocking. "that lot" = a group black employees conversing. I saw this for myself. It's a shame because the environment presented to you during your interviews and the first few days is NOT what's really going on. Where you sit, who you talk to and when, what you do and how you do it is constantly being watched, judged and discriminated against - especially if you're not white. 3. NOT Inclusive - The environment does not favour introverted personalities, as being liked is far more important than being great at your job, however good performance helps when you're not popular. Not to say everyone at elements is extroverted, but not being so can come across as "anti-social". This cliquey behaviour causes a gossipy environment. When brought up, the explanation is most of the workforce is young, therefore immature and more likely to gossip. This excuse is lazy and unacceptable, company-wide gossip was only addressed directly when the CEO was a victim of it himself; the hypocrisy here is hilarious.

Elements Talent Consultancy Response

May 29, 2020

"A great idea defaced by culture"

2.0
    Former Employee - Talent Research Partner in London, England

I worked at Elements Talent Consultancy full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company is a great idea — a management consultancy that specialises in tech recruitment. Clients range from start ups to some of the biggest household names; either way, you are heavily involved in data analysis, strategy and recruitment. Every consultant is a specialist in their domain and if you’re not up to speed yet, there is plenty of internal support and an awesome knowledge sharing environment to help you. The work is stimulating and you are paid very well for it

Cons

Unfortunately, many employees are emotionally unintelligent, which has resulted in poor managers, who are unable to communicate effectively and develop those beneath them (I had 4 managers during my time there and only 1 was actual “manager material”) Worse still is that many employees are incredibly immature and engage in wildly inappropriate behaviour (I experienced blackmail and witnessed major drug abuse during my time there). As a result, the company has a HUGE gossip culture. I left months ago and am still hearing rumours about me, some of which are being started by the lead team (managers, VPs, etc). I could justify this if I was a scandalous person, but I’m an introvert, who kept to myself and worked hard during my time at Elements. It’s a shame that is how I’m being commemorated. On the other hand, it reminds me that I made the right decision in leaving

"Great place!"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in London, England

Pros

Very transparent organization Reward us very well Fun place to work and people are nice

Cons

Growing very quick so can make knowing what is happening hard for employees

"Great culture and learning environment"

Current Employee - Senior Researcher in London, England

Pros

Inclusive and diverse environment. Extremely collaborative, information / knowledge sharing. Clearly defined progression path. Amazing people. Beautiful office. Great perks/benefits. High-growth so ever changing and versatile.

Cons

Difficult to get promoted. Takes a long time. A lot of focus around contributing to "Elements culture" rather than focus on your actual job which can lead to uncertainty and anxiety. some issues with middle management.

"Amazing place to work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Talent Partner in London, England

Pros

- Really look after their staff - Keen on ensuring work fits around peoples lives - Keen on ensuring people are happy - Keen to ensure people grow at a steady speed - Working hard to break an industry

Cons

- Not really a con but growing pains like any other new business will have from going from a small company to a large one.

Found 65 reviews