APCO Worldwide - Freelance | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Freelance"

Consultant in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at APCO Worldwide for less than a year

Pros

Young and dynamic team was lots of fun,

Cons

Projects tended to be mediocre and small budget.

APCO Worldwide2018-01-12

"A place of opportunity and continued professional growth"

Current Employee - Senior Director

I have been working at APCO Worldwide full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

For entrepreneurial and proactive individuals, APCO offers unlimited professional opportunities. If you can think it and build it, it's yours. It's a highly collaborative atmosphere where colleagues work together to win new business and deliver to clients. The diversity of the work gives employees a unique vantage point. However, many chose a career path solely focused on one industry or practice area-- becoming specialists in their field. It's also an environment of constant learning -- whether it's working for a new industry, a unique client challenge or new market -- a day doesn't go by when I don't learn something new. Over the course of my time at APCO, I've been given opportunities to travel, work on some of the most relevant issues facing society today, and build a really meaningful career. I stay at APCO because of the people, the work and the fact that every day is different.

Cons

For those who aren't proactive and entrepreneurial, APCO's structure can be a challenge. It's an incredibly rewarding environment, but it isn't a cultural fit for everyone.

Continue reading
    APCO Worldwide2020-03-04

"Great company with a significant momentum on its side"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at APCO Worldwide full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been an employee for almost three years and this feels like an inflection point for APCO. The company just launched its three-year strategy, is undergoing some significant transformation efforts, which will make it stronger in terms of opportunities for employees and business success. The leadership is inspiring and engaged with staff, the culture is guided by a set of refreshed values, the work is exciting and meaningful and the future looks promising. What is unique about APCO is the collaboration, collegiality, and opportunities to work across the global network. There are also a number of real examples of employees advancing their careers at APCO from an intern to a very senior business leader.

Cons

There are always areas for improvement and not everything works well across the board. One area includes compensation and benefits where improvements can be made to attract and retain talent. Another is technology and tools to work more efficiently. I know that the leadership is aware of those opportunities for improvement and is actively working to address them.

Continue reading
    APCO Worldwide2020-02-10

Discover more reviews about APCO Worldwide.