Abcam - Fun, friendly, flexible and fast paced | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Fun, friendly, flexible and fast paced"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, England

I have been working at Abcam full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun, friendly, flexible and fast paced. Extremely can do culture and generally very non-political and collaborative. Employees are listened to and action is taken when issues arise. The business is very ambitious and is growing fast. The opportunities for career development are broadening also. Health and well-being is taken seriously and Abcam really seems to care about its people. Truly global working environment.

Cons

Very few cons. Historic IT issues are currently being resolved with a big global investment in infrastructure.

Advice to Management

Keep it up and keep leading from the front with the values that make Abcam special

Abcam2016-05-16
  1. "A start up culture feel with in a established corporate business"

Current Employee - Tradeshow Manager in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Abcam full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Work / Life Balance - Encouraged to make your mark - One of the few companies I've worked at where all new employees meet with the CEO, who told us to "Be Bold, ideas are welcome!" - Culture of the offices is great, everyone is very involved.

Cons

- UK based (which is a perk as well) but office hours & meeting times can fluctuate.

Abcam2019-11-25
  2. "Challenging and Rewarding Growth Opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Abcam full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Management supports career development in the form of on the job training, development or skill specific classes and in some cases more formal graduate degrees. There is always something new and exciting to work on at Abcam Opportunity to travel Supportive team Friendly work environment Strong company mission Flexible working

Cons

Workload can be too much for set resources at times Senior Management shifting priorities can be challenging to navigate

Advice to Management

Thank you for creating such a wonderful culture for the company! My advice would be to make sure that we are being "smart" while also trying to be agile. Sometimes strong focus and sticking to executing a plan will result in higher returns than constantly changing directions. However, there are always exceptions to that! Perhaps more reflection on the pros and cons of being agile versus execution on existing... initiatives will help.

Abcam2019-11-23

Discover more reviews about Abcam.