Abcam - A career with purpose | Glassdoor.co.uk

"A career with purpose"

Current Employee - Change Project Manager in Cambridge, East of England, England

I have been working at Abcam full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Meet amazing bunch of bright people! Great team work, everyone pulls together and enjoys helping others! A shared focus on helping our customers! Challenging pace and learning new things everyday! Fantastic new facilities with great coffee!

Cons

Due to the fast pace and been a growing company, the way we work is not as structured as it could be.

Advice to Management

Don't forget to praise the people who are achieving so much with their dedication.

Abcam2019-02-18
  1. "Friendly"

Current Employee - Scientist

I have been working at Abcam full-time

Pros

Friendly, innovation, nice place to work in

Cons

no bonuses, communication, salary low,

Abcam2019-06-17
  2. "Great for now, but the future is questionable"

Current Employee - Research Associate in Eugene, OR
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Abcam full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fantastic coworkers, high level of professionalism and ethics, positive and supportive culture

Cons

Substandard pay compared to other company branches, and space saturation means promotions are infrequent and minor. On a company-wide scale, upper-level executives and VPs are consistently hired from outside the company rather than promoted from within, meaning long-term career options are limited.

Advice to Management

Please avoid attempting to please shareholders and panicking when we fall 1% short even when hitting strong growth metrics. It's demoralizing and doesn't accurately represent the health and potential of the company.

Abcam2019-06-05

Discover more reviews about Abcam.