"An exceptional, purposeful company I'm proud to work for"

5.0
    Current Employee - Investor Relations in Cambridge, East of England, England, England

I have been working at Abcam full-time

Pros

- It's great to work for an innovative and ambitious company that has a positive and enduring impact on the world - Great culture - open, friendly, smart and ambitious, fast-paced, global and diversified - that prioritizes personal development and growth

Cons

The pace of change and growth is high so it's important to be someone who is comfortable with change (not necessarily a con but something to be aware of)

1. COVID-19

"Easily one of the best places I've ever worked!"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Director of Chemistry in Eugene, OR

I have been working at Abcam full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture at Abcam is fantastic. There is a very young and energetic workforce. They are dedicated to helping the customers attain a cutting edge advantage for their research or development. Everyone is very collaborative and helpful and the administration is investing heavily in the future with new labs, offices, equipment and personnel.

Cons

It is a global company with offices in China, the US, the UK, Japan, Germany, etc. This has presented a challenge during the COVID lockdown. There have also been multiple acquisitions and integrating those new products/processes into the company's systems has been somewhat hampered by the lockdown as well.

Continue reading
  2. COVID-19

"Great company!"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Finance Business Partner in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Abcam full-time for less than a year

Pros

* Outstanding & accessible senior leadership. * Great company mission * Collaborative environment with a lot of great co-workers (I haven't met a "bad apple" since I've been here). * The company's approach to COVID has been solid: flexible, reasonable work-from-home options * The company has a monthly employee feedback survey (Peakon) that gauges how things are going and it seems like upper management actually does respond. * Casual office environment * Overall great company culture

Cons

* In prior roles at this level, I've usually had annual bonus programs. Abcam does not have an annual bonus (instead they have a stock incentive program that requires three years of service to obtain). * Pay is solid but not outstanding. I'd say pay is probably somewhere in the middle for all roles at this level and probably a little lower than other pharma/biotech roles.

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about Abcam.