Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Not just a "place to work" but a "place you love to work"

Sep 28, 2021 - Site Reliability Engineer in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The people - Many company like to push the idea that they value their people and fail miserably at it. Ably on the other really looks after its people. You feel heard, part of the company and valued. - The leadership is very open, no yada yada or hiding of information behind an entaglement of words or complex speeches. The people is very much aware at all times what's going on in the company. - Expertise in the area, every single person I've met, dominates at great depth their area of work, which is essential for great success. - Leadership knows what they're doing and want to achieve with the product. - Remote work!!!! - Office doggos! - Fun and unassuming leadership. - Did I mention remote work?

Cons

- Not.A.Single.One. - NOT.A.SINGLE.ONE.BUT.IN.CAPITALS. - var = "not.a.single.one.but.in.a.variable."

1 person found this review helpful

Head of People

Thanks for taking the time to leave such a nice review. Really glad to hear you're enjoying your time at Ably :)

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

flexible startup that tries to do things right

Aug 22, 2021 - Distributed Systems Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

- lots of flexibility in how you work - if you're getting stuff done no-one cares what hours you do - primarily remote - working with a bunch of clever people who really care about doing things the right way - startup with a still-relatively-small engineering team means control and ownership - you're genuinely designing and building things.

Cons

- we use jira 🤮 - company is trying to move to asynchronous written-first communication but it's going slowly, for the moment there's still lots of zoom meetings - did I mention jira

Be the first to find this review helpful

Head of People

Thanks for the review. We should be making progress on the written-first communication before the end of the year. Just need that role in place! :)

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Open and fun

Aug 20, 2021 - Developer Advocate in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company is an open and friendly place to work. Product works well and customers are interesting. Very much trying to be a great place to work

Cons

Deeply technical to the point of being difficult to get to right commercial people. Growing fast so can be a bit of a blur of new faces

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Head of People

Thanks for the review. We'll absolutely keep the culture front and center as we scale!

Discover more reviews about Ably.