Employee Review

Former Employee, more than 1 year

BDM Role

Feb 24, 2016 - Business Development Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

nice collegues crazy expense policy they pay fro lunch!

Cons

Managment no direction poor product development - just lost their Director of development core product behind the curve regarding PCMS

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great Place To Work With Lots OF Opportunities To Grow

Feb 16, 2018 - Vice President of Operations in Las Vegas, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

You can make your role what you want it to be. The company is very open to suggestions to help make us run more efficiently. Flexibility in hours is a huge plus for me having 2 kids grow up while I've been here. We do fun quarterly events. We keep up on technology so I get to have fun gadgets if I want. All the people within the company are like family. We have amazing benefits for being a small company. You can also be a shareholder and help make company decisions. CEO is always willing hear what you have to say and is hands on within the company. They encourage you to keep up with certifications for your role and pay for it. All our business has been largely through word of mouth which in incredible.

Cons

It is hard to find good people to hire because the industry we serve is unique to meet all qualifications. Wish the Portland & Vegas team could meet face to face more often but I know it's difficult with clients demands.

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Everybody wants change, as long as they don't have to do anything differently

Jun 28, 2020 - Director of Professional Services
    Business Outlook

Pros

The work is meaningful, and you can see the direct impact of your contributions. Senior leadership is sincerely well-intentioned, especially with benefits.

Cons

There is no work/life balance. Entry-level techs expected to spend more than half their time on the road at below-market pay. Billable utilization expectations are ridiculous, leaving no time for professional development or anything else. Every suggestion for improvement met with some variation of "we tried that once, and it failed" The cycle of broken agreements and promises is never-ending. No growth in 20+ years in business Shareholder benefit is meaningless even without the increase in value as your voice is ignored

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful

Advanced Legal Systems Response

VP of Service, Operations and HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We value your input, strive to learn from it and are truly sorry about your experience at Advanced Legal. We appreciate that you valued the work and its impact on you as well as the efforts senior leadership has put towards employee benefits. We've identified some of the same opportunities you listed and I'm happy to let you know that we’ve made many changes over the last 12 months. Travel has been reduced as we optimized our systems for remote assistance, billable time requirements have been reduced and restructured and team building activities and group workshops have been added. We have also implemented a better defined employee career pathing program where employees are rewarded when achieving quarterly certifications and professional development courses paid for by Advanced Legal. The leadership team has worked effortlessly to restructure the business, streamline processes and deliberately refrained from growth until our rebuilt foundation was firmly in place. We are now beginning to carefully ramp up our sales efforts, with all processes falling into place, and look forward for growth in the last half of 2020 and 2021. Our goal is for Advanced Legal to be the best company with our strong set of core values and company culture as only when this goal is achieved can we provide the highest level of services to our clients. I want to thank you again for sharing your feedback with us so that we can incorporate it as we always strive to be better.

Discover more reviews about Advanced Legal Systems.