Amazon - Best Employer I had in my career | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Best Employer I had in my career"

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in London, England

I have been working at Amazon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great atmosphere and place to work. Genuinely still a true startup thinking and best customer obsession I've ever seen. Couldn't wish for any place else.

Cons

That I haven't started earlier to work in this Amazing company.

Amazon2019-02-10
  1. "Great opportunity"

Current Employee - Senior User Experience Designer
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Amazon full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've enjoyed my 2+ years at Amazon. Exciting projects to work on, decent pay, lots of opportunities for growth (presentations to leadership, new skills), very talented coworkers.

Cons

Hours can be long depending on the team, and promotions are hard to come by.

Advice to Management

Amazon would retain top talent for longer periods of time with a better pay structure to allow for deserved raises and promotions. Be proactive, it's not enough to dive and save while people are headed out the door - it sets bad precedent that the only way to get a raise is to threaten to leave. Amazon also needs to work on advancing women and minorities into top leadership positions.

Amazon2019-11-18
  2. Helpful (2031)

"You Get What You Put In"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon full-time

Pros

Really smart people, a lot of opportunity for growth, always encouraged to be innovative, think big, and create something new. Competitive salary and benefits with other major tech companies. 100% self motivating work environment. No dress code and 4 legged friends are welcome.

Cons

You have to be self motivated. NO ONE will hold your hand and tell you that you're doing a great job. If you need constant affirmations from management, this company isn't for you.

Advice to Management

More on-boarding training before new employees are thrown in the fire. The first couple of weeks can be very confusing on where to find the information you need that pertains to your job.

Amazon2016-01-11

Discover more reviews about Amazon.