Anglian Water - Good company to work for (depending on the department) | Glassdoor.co.uk
Pros
Cons
  • "Quite a lot to learn - takes about a year to feel fully comfortable" (in 5 reviews)

• "Work can be high pressured and stressful at times" (in 3 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Good company to work for (depending on the department)"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Peterborough, England
Current Employee - Data Analyst in Peterborough, England

I have been working at Anglian Water full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The flexibility, good work-life balance, the opportunities to progress. I have worked with some lovely people which has really made my time in the company great.

Cons

Stressful environment, poor communication especially with hr and new prospect roles.. went for an internal interview and after chasing hr a couple of times who promised to give me an update, they still never got back to me.

Advice to Management

I've had positive and negative experiences.. I think all need to take on board the pressure that mounts at times and support their staff more.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Best place to work at"

Current Employee - Contact Team Advisor in Peterborough, England
    Current Employee - Contact Team Advisor in Peterborough, England

I have been working at Anglian Water full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Anglian Water Business is a customer oriented company searching for the best ways to fulfill customers need. They have a variety of benefits, excellent salary, lots of opportunities to grow. The company appreciates what you do. Great teams all over the floor.

Cons

I would probably only suggest to get a better air conditioning system. :)

Advice to Management

Keep up with the good work.

"Not great"

I worked at Anglian Water full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Mostly flexible working practices in place throughout the organisation

Cons

No effective leadership from the management I worked with. No ownership of the development of employees and a culture of 'those who stay the longest get the furthest'. Inefficiency is rife and the inability to get things done was a huge frustration throughout my time there. Not a nice area to live, not a nice place to work and I regret not getting out sooner than I did.

Advice to Management

Take time to inspire employees and build a better working culture. People are the number one asset to any organisation and although there are company-wide initiatives in place to address their culture issues, they fall well short of what is needed to truly correct the big problems this organisation suffers.

Discover more reviews about Anglian Water.