Employee Review

Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Graduate Employer

10 Sep 2020 - Graduate Management Trainee in Peterborough, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Anglian Water is a great employer, they provide excellent benefits from a competitive salary to private health care. All the employees are lovely and very supportive which has been a great benefit. The role is very varied and I have experienced a wide range of placements.

Cons

Nothing really comes to mind, there are a lot of great opportunities available but you have to put the effort in to be successful.

1 person found this review helpful

Anglian Water Response

Recruitment Advisor

Welcome to Anglian Water! Great to see how supported you feel and that you can access the benefits. No cons - thats great!

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Place to Work

21 May 2021 - Senior Manager in Norwich, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility - culture of engagement and development of individuals and teams; Passion - it is a place full of passionate people focused on the task of supplying wholesome water to our customer before treating it and returning it safely to the environment; Variety - the scope and opportunity of roles within the company are significant, particularly when including the roles within our alliance partners (who range from IT through to facilities management); Well-being - the business really does care about all employees and has been on a significant journey over the last few years to improve employee support as well as flexibility of benefits/working environment;

Cons

It is a visible and recognisable company with a clear presence in the community, which means that employees can be approached at any time with questions about the company’s performance, the water industry as a whole or the leak or flood in their street. This can be daunting for some people, but it is also very rewarding as it is a company to be proud of for those of us who work here.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Say what you mean, mean what you say

11 May 2021 - Smart Asset and Operations Manager in Peterborough, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Anglian Water is a forward thinking, change delivering, frontier pushing company that recognizes and respects that it's people are it's most important and valuable asset. The values of Anglian Water and all of the normal company slogans actually feel like they mean something, and people here really do feel part of a bigger purpose. I am well supported by my immediate managers and others across the business are always willing to help and share their knowledge. I am also well rewarded, particularly for the region we work in. The additional benefits available to employees, annual leave, medical cover, mental health and financial support are exceptional.

Cons

As a regulated business, reward (whilst fair) is lower than similar roles in truly private sectors (but more secure). There are some really big challenges facing the water industry, if you aren't passionate about change and progress - the hard work needed over coming years will be a negative.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Anglian Water.