1. "Great company that gives lots of opportunities"

5.0

I worked at AppyWay full-time

Pros

Senior management trusts employees - there are rooms for people to grow their careers inc. switching teams where appropriate and employees are entrusted with responsibilities and autonomy to make sound decisions and things happen. Great collaborative culture between teams!

Cons

Due to startup nature, at times it felt like the company was reacting to events or issues rather than proactively identifying threats or new opportunities.

Continue reading

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Fore front of innovation -UK Tech"

4.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Head of Mobility Solutions in London, England, England

I have been working at AppyWay full-time

Pros

Advanced thinking toward technologies in cities. New products empowering local authorities Exposure to the latest Gov tech thinking shaping our future cities.

Cons

Few to report SME life can be a fun and inspiring place to work but is always a challenging environment in the pursuit of growth. We love self motivated people going places.

2. "Had some growing pains, but has matured well"

5.0
    Current Employee - Developer
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at AppyWay full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Culture: I don't normally make a big deal out of company culture, but people are friends. Like they actively talk to each other and do stuff at the weekends.... it's not something I see very often, but is a great atmosphere. * Calibre: These are excellent people, both technically and personally, who I can trust to do their job well. On the dev side I have complete faith handing my code over into the care of others, on the data side I trust their work and judgement. * Functional Team: No back biting, undermining, gossip or empire building. As the company has grown and formed departments, things have meshed pretty well and the right people mostly seem to have fallen into place. * Cool dev problems. Geospacial data over time, big data sets, high volume event ingestion, distributed systems with partitioning. It's _all_ interesting. * Office Dog! Harvey is a cutie.

Cons

* It's relentless. (Still growing fast, lots to do) * The product direction can be a bit chaotic. * Still get the occasional - "It's only a button, just stick it in, that's what, couple of hours?"

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about AppyWay.