"Was probably a good place to work about 10 years ago, but no more."

2.0

I have been working at ArenaNet full-time for less than a year

Pros

- I love the culture at the studio. It's unfortunate it's been ruined by huge failures of leadership. - Free drinks and snacks. - Very casual workplace. Think people with blue hair, anime t-shirts, and lots of curse words in normal conversations. - Has a culture of not asking people to work long hours. - Fairly nice modern office.

Cons

- Low pay for the Seattle area. - Leadership which lies to your face. - Layoffs which I believe were caused by a lack of accountability of senior leadership. No senior leaders were laid off even though they made the decisions which necessitated the layoffs. Some voluntarily left just before the layoffs hit and of course they got a raise and promotion out of it at their next job. - Lots of failed projects and churn on teams involved in those projects. - Open office space so there are lots of constant disruptions. - If you drive you are required to pay for your own parking. I have no clue why the company won't cover it and it just seems very petty on their part.

Continue reading
  1. "Come work with U"

5.0
    Current Employee - Art in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at ArenaNet full-time for less than a year

Pros

Positive experience with Management Great gaming Culture Pay is very competitive Best job I’ve had in the Industry

Cons

Minor mistakes can turn into bigger issues, but all in all everything is great.

2. "Great benefits!!!"

5.0
    Former Employee - Environment Artist in Bellevue, WA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at ArenaNet full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Company provides great medical benefits and a great work life balance.

Cons

A challenging time for many as the company is growing and is finding a new solid direction.

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about ArenaNet.