1. "Best culture"

5.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England, England

I have been working at Arm full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture, people, flexibility, benefits, training, everything! Is just a great company, unique.

Cons

career progression is slow as opportunities are not always available

Continue reading
  1. "New CFO Is Making the Right Changes To Finance - Exciting Time To Be There!"

5.0
    Former Employee - Finance Business Partner in San Jose, CA

I worked at Arm full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Finance team is making the changes needed to provide highest level of value to the business which makes for a rewarding place to work! Sale of ARM to NVIDIA expands the opportunities to learn and cross-migrate to other new areas of the business outside of ARM specific divisions.

Cons

The amount of finance leadership change can be challenging to engage.

Continue reading

"Not the company it once was"

4.0
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Arm full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Great parental leave options - Sabbatical (when I was hired) - Stable business model - Great integration efforts for new employees

Cons

- PTO policy was reduced for US employees (used to be a lot better) - Software culture is severely lacking (and way behind) - Company grew too fast, and let too many bad managers in I worked at Arm years ago, when it was still a relatively small company, with a different CEO at the helm (Warren East). The company back then, is still the best place I've ever worked, causing me to return years later. The company as it is today is a faint echo of the company it was then, however, having lost much of its engineering culture and (frankly) its leadership backbone. People like Mike Muller and many of the Fellow engineers, kept the exec team honest and on the right track. Nowadays, Mike Muller is no longer managing the day-to-day, and many of the fellows and engineering leaders have moved on to greener pastures; in their place is a "Chief Strategy Officer" from BCG (the opposite of an engineering company), armed with buzzword-laden powerpoints, conveniently avoiding anything close to a SWOT analysis that the company's founders had intelligently started the company with. Arm's management is now more non-technical than it is technical, which is a problem for an engineering company, and causes a lot of unnecessary work and political games to occur.

Arm Response

April 21, 2021Senior Talent Acquisition Manager North America

Thank you for your feedback and the years you have invested in Arm’s success. As you may know, Arm celebrated its 30-year anniversary in November 2020 and today we have 95% of market share for mobile phones, there are over 180 billion Arm-based devices, and we have over 6,500 employees worldwide. Arm has grown significantly and continues to be a leader in the industry. To hear a bit about the future of Arm check out this blog: Arm at 30: Five Ideas Shaping our Future. https://www.arm.com/blogs/blueprint/arm-30-future In this blog our VP of Software discusses the future of Systems for our systems, and four other Arm technologists share about invisible AI, memory-centric computing architectures, low-power to no-power devise, and neural networks everywhere. Not only are we a leader in technology but we continue to focus on making Arm a great place to work for our teams, including offering robust benefits. In the US, employees paid leave options include four weeks of paid-time-off with an option to buy an additional week, seven paid sick days, thirteen company holidays, a four-week paid sabbatical (after each 4 years at Arm), and very progressive leave policies including childbirth and parental bonding leaves. Additionally, Arm offers community service leave hours every month and a Day of Care each quarter.

Discover more reviews about Arm.