AspenTech - Inside Sales Account Manager | Glassdoor.co.uk
  1. "Inside Sales Account Manager"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Reading, England

I have been working at AspenTech full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Career progression is available if you are willing to work for it - Company is the best in the industry no one else comes close - The team are unlike any other team you will work with its like working with family. (in a good way) - Company is going through positive change in all areas and focusing more on what the employees think and need to change. - Competitive OTE and uncapped commission. - Product is amazing in all aspects it works and delivers value to the clients - most people in the industry have heard of AspenTech

Cons

- There is a process for everything (but again they are changing this) - Complicated product - Not a role for someone that is lazy.

Continue reading
    AspenTech2019-03-15
  1. "Can't say enough about this amazing company. What a path its taken and its future surely is bright!"

Former Employee - Senior Director, Business Operations in Bedford, MA

I worked at AspenTech full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great Leadership, Thriving Culture, Smart People, Solid financials, Lots of opportunities for growth

Cons

The company sometimes stands in its own way for innovation

AspenTech2019-12-02

"Very difficult company to work for"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Executive
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at AspenTech full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You somewhat get a good work-life balance as you are not having to put many "after hours" in to your work. The colleagues are great as well. You get a lot of PTO, but they complain when you take it. My advice is to just use your PTO because either way, management will not be happy.

Cons

There are way to many processes that make the sales cycle extremely slow and inefficient. You spend more time on internal tasks and non-revenue generating processes than you do selling. Everything you do is tracked and micro managed, and the KPI's are unrealistic along with all of the other mundane tasks that we have to do. New processes are added in every time one small thing happens so they can slap your hand when something goes wrong as that is their solution to anything. That's what happens with you work for a company run by engineers, not business minded people. There were very few promotions through my time there and no internal growth path for employees. People have to leave the company for a promotion. I saw 2 promotions on my team in 3 years. AspenTech is not customer focused and is a very difficult environment to sell in. It is a good resume builder though, as the industry recognizes how difficult it is to work for AspenTech. It is an old company that is stuck in its old ways.

Continue reading
    AspenTech2020-02-10

Discover more reviews about AspenTech.