Austin Fraser - Right Place, Right Job | Glassdoor.co.uk
  1. "Right Place, Right Job"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Reading, England

I have been working at Austin Fraser full-time for more than a year

Pros

The People - its maybe a cliche but it's important to me I work with great people. I like that my team is full of people I genuinely want to be around. We have great banter on desk and socialise outside of work because we get on really well and I think its because we all have a similar attitude to our jobs. Which is work hard, look out for each other, have fun, and celebrate everything! The support - seriously... the stuff we have access to is brilliant. I've been given a brand new mac book, wireless headset, a scooter so i can do laps of the office.... it's not as easy as some people make it look. We also have LI recruiter licences, job boards, and video tools other recruiters don't invest in. I know as a lot of my friends also work in recruitment The other stuff - By this I mean the leaders, just really normal people who will talk to you, ask how you're doing and are genuinely interested which i've got to say still makes me feel surprised as some of these people are absolute legends. I've been lucky enough to go on some incentives too to places I never would have visited at this point in my life. My family thinks I don't actually do any work!!! I feel really comfortable here, I didn't have experience in recruitment when I joined and wasn't sure if people would expect things of me that I just didn't have a clue about but all i've found is people prepared to help me work out what i'm doing, give me hand when i've needed it and let me know its not life and death when i've maybe taken the fact that my candidate just "didn't fancy the interview after all" to heart. Not actually sure i'm over that bit tbh

Cons

It's tough, recruitment is. I do think we've changed as a business in the last year. We do expect a lot from people here and I think some people have found that hard,. Or just didn't want to put the work in. I have seen some people with ego's leave and I've got to say I'm pretty chuffed about it. They're obviously not and its annoying that you have to read about how hard done by they were or actually sometimes just... made up stuff about what its like here. I suppose that everyone's entitled to their opinion but I'd like to see some people take a look in the mirror before they decide to be a keyboard warrior and decide that they didn't do anything to affect their job here and its someone else's fault. I think we can improve by sharing more stuff earlier about what's happening in the business, I sometimes hear about things that i've completely missed but not sure why. I also think we could get our sales leaders to be more in the day to day. They're starting to do this more and it makes such a difference to the vibe on desk and what people get done. They used to be top billers so they're the best people to show us what we need to do.

Advice to Management

Just wanted to say that I really love working here. I feel proud to have been given an opportunity on my personality rather than my skills. Keep having high standards, those who are up for the challenge will take it. Those who aren't will decide and leave.

Austin Fraser2019-11-26

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Best Staffing Firm in the World"

Current Employee - Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Austin Fraser full-time

Pros

-Fun, brilliant, motivated people -Very professional but know how to have fun -Include everybody in big picture decisions -Give you the big resources you need to have in order to compete in staffing -Best office in Austin -happy hours, outings, travel

Cons

-Staffing is tough and only competitive, driven people succeed -Ups and downs (some good months and some bad months but that's sales)

Advice to Management

Keep being inclusive and setting people up for success. The rest is on the good talent that you hire.

Austin Fraser2019-11-26
  2. "Best place to work and grow your career!"

Current Employee - Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Austin Fraser full-time for more than a year

Pros

Continuous support. Gorgeous office. Fun/collaborative work environment. Not like most agencies that are more cutthroat- you own your desk and your business. The harder you work, the more you earn. That simple. Put in the effort and you WILL reap the rewards. No better place to be if you're just getting started in recruitment or ready to take it to the next level with their uncapped commission structure and... clear career paths. There were things I wanted to see/have when I started working and I voiced my concerns.. within a couple of months those things happened or are in progress towards coming to fruition.

Cons

Not much I can say for Cons. Any complaints or concerns I had have all been heard and resolved. They really listen to their employees.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Austin Fraser2019-07-09

Discover more reviews about Austin Fraser.