1. "Not surprised"

1.0
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Sydney

I worked at Australian Prudential Regulation Authority full-time for more than a year

Pros

Like a government department, flexible work, well paid for government and secure.

Cons

Political and sometimes clueless senior managers.

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Not worth it."

1.0
    Current Employee - Analyst in Sydney

I have been working at Australian Prudential Regulation Authority full-time

Pros

Can make a ‘career’ with very few skills Pay is ok Nice office

Cons

Layers of clueless management Ego and politics Toxic culture Slow and reluctant to change Cannot retain useful staff

Continue reading

"Does a tough job, mostly competently"

Former Employee - Analyst in Sydney

I worked at Australian Prudential Regulation Authority full-time

Pros

Great place to hone technical skills in financial analysis, statistics, banking, superannuation, financial sector law etc. For a while at least... Somehow it manages to do what it has to do and we should be grateful for that and grateful that people are prepared to dedicate their careers to it.

Cons

Accountability of managers: the Judge Dredd syndrome is evident (‘I am the law’). So APRA is not always a predictable, rules-based environment. Some of the managers are moody and lack self control, and have very idiosyncratic approaches. Not a good place for independent-minded people. A lot of them left around 2016 -2018. APRA tends to go with whatever is fashionable in the HR space and you never know what the expectations will be when the next consultant-driven brainwave blows through. APRA struggles outside its core supervision and statistical collection tasks.

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about Australian Prudential Regulation Authority.