1. "Great working environment with lots of opportunities to learn"

Current Employee - Principal Developer in Manchester, England

I have been working at Auto Trader UK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There’s always interesting work to pick up as a developer no matter what your level of experience is. And even when that task that you’ve done 10 times before lands on your desk again, you have the freedom to innovate and make it as interesting/challenging as you like. The tech is moving really fast (infrastructure, languages, frameworks) so there are high chances you’ll be constantly learning something new next to people that can help you improve. The above together with the great offices and lots of great people make AT the best company I’ve worked for.

Cons

Some times, people that could help you with something are so busy that they cannot spend time on doing so and that can slow things down a bit and be a bit frustrating.

Continue reading
  1. "Awesome, innovative and passionate!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Remote, OR

I have been working at Auto Trader UK full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you love working in a busy and thriving business then Auto Trader is definitely these. The company constantly is looking for new ways to move forward and understand the market we are in. Doing this has allowed them to review themselves constantly to ensure they are working to lead this industry! They have great offices, people, help, training and values. The one thing I like to do is collaborate and share. The feedback I get is critical but given in an immense way all of the time.

Cons

Not really any cons so far. It's hard to find any.

Auto Trader UK Response

August 2, 2018Head of People & Culture

Thank you for review. We keep thriving, finding new ways to move forward and make a difference to our industries and it is all down to our people. Good to hear that you are receiving continuous feedback, a great way for us to keep evolving. Hope you keep enjoying your experience at Auto Trader for years to come.

2. "A truly digital business.... it's like working for Google... but for Cars."

in Remote, OR

I have been working at Auto Trader UK

Pros

I've been truly blessed to have the chance to work for Auto Trader. It's an amazing business with an ever improving and evolving culture and a great future. Values win over skills and being a great fit has enabled me to go on the journey and learn so much along the way. Truly proud to be part of the current successes. Hope it stays this way for many years to come! :)

Cons

It's a fast paced environment with high expectations from everyone. We operate a flat structure, so pressure to deliver world class results comes as much from your colleagues as the leadership team. This has been great for me.... but it wouldn't be for everyone. If you want to be a shrinking violet and sit in the corner, i'd stay well clear.

Auto Trader UK Response

September 21, 2015Head of Resourcing

Thank you for your review. Values do win over skills and will hopefully help us keep up with our successes. The pace can be fast at times but we do welcome all kinds of people at Auto Trader. We will pass your advice to our Operational Leadership team.

Discover more reviews about Auto Trader UK.