BD - So Far So Good | Glassdoor.co.uk

"So Far So Good"

I have been working at BD full-time

Pros

The organization I am in was recently acquired by BD. So far it has been the most transparent integration I've been associated with. Recent Corporate management changes indicate they are living up to their claimed goal of assessing best practices between the legacy organizations and incorporating those that position the organization for the greatest growth.

Cons

Too much time is spent, by too many people, in meetings. Sooner or later this will have a negative impact on our productivity.

Advice to Management

As the organization continues to grow, enable senior management to push more "low to moderate risk" decision making authority down to the appropriate subject matter expert levels.

BD2018-09-10
  1. "Responsible for legal matters as a generalist; Works in cooperation with functions such as HR, compliance"

Current Employee - Legal Counsel

I have been working at BD full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work life balance; high support for talent; promoter of inclusion and diversity. business people makes you feel appreciated and pays attention to legal advise. Great colleagues to work with and educative to closely work with business to make sure they achieve their goals while making sure legal issues are well addressed.

Cons

Lengthy decision making process and a complex matrix system; Might get busy towards fiscal year ends and beginnings. Exciting but sometimes tiring role as it covers a broad range of business units as well as law matters.

BD2019-08-14
  2. "No balance. Total work. Too tired to play. Push push push. Get paid well but die early."

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at BD full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits (Like when you die so young of stress related illness) but you are taxed. There are mental health first aiders So that must be an excellent benefit. Mmmmmmmm.

Cons

Long hours no overtime given. Multiple projects with a load more on the horizon. Mistakes will happen. Patients will die. Selfless sales people. Tired all the time. Point of exhaustion. Keeping senior managers pockets lined with silver and gold. On the edge of breaking physically and mentally. Pressure cooker environment. Dog eat dog a bit like the ridiculous “the apprentice” show. I cant wait to be fired.

Advice to Management

Give a lot. Learn a lot. Listen. Give the team a break. Go “electronic” reduce paperwork and let people be themselves. “Mr Robot”

BD2019-10-04

Discover more reviews about BD.