BD - So Far So Good | Glassdoor.co.uk
Pros
Cons
  • "One who is willing to give up work life balance" (in 41 reviews)

• "Political complicated decision making process that requires a lot of consensus from everybody" (in 33 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

Featured Review

"So Far So Good"

I have been working at BD full-time

Pros

The organization I am in was recently acquired by BD. So far it has been the most transparent integration I've been associated with.
Recent Corporate management changes indicate they are living up to their claimed goal of assessing best practices between the legacy organizations and incorporating those that position the organization for the greatest growth.

Cons

Too much time is spent, by too many people, in meetings. Sooner or later this will have a negative impact on our productivity.

Advice to Management

As the organization continues to grow, enable senior management to push more "low to moderate risk" decision making authority down to the appropriate subject matter expert levels.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great company"

I have been working at BD full-time

Pros

Great pay, great products, stable company, very very encouraging of career development, talented colleagues, beautiful campus

Cons

Matrixed, bureaucratic, slow to innovate, stale and colorless work culture, average benefits

"No acknowledgement for exceptional work."

Pros

The people. All of my colleagues.

Cons

How slow the company is to make decisions. Watched one decision take 7 years to make. And others over a decade.

Advice to Management

Flatten the corporation. There are so many unneeded levels of associates and managers who don’t feel they should make a decision and just keep passing it up the ladder. Make a decision and move on to the next one. Get something done.

Discover more reviews about BD.