BD - So Far So Good | Glassdoor.co.uk

Employee Review

Featured Review

"So Far So Good"

I have been working at BD full-time

Pros

The organization I am in was recently acquired by BD. So far it has been the most transparent integration I've been associated with.
Recent Corporate management changes indicate they are living up to their claimed goal of assessing best practices between the legacy organizations and incorporating those that position the organization for the greatest growth.

Cons

Too much time is spent, by too many people, in meetings. Sooner or later this will have a negative impact on our productivity.

Advice to Management

As the organization continues to grow, enable senior management to push more "low to moderate risk" decision making authority down to the appropriate subject matter expert levels.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great company"

I have been working at BD full-time

Pros

Great pay, great products, stable company, very very encouraging of career development, talented colleagues, beautiful campus

Cons

Matrixed, bureaucratic, slow to innovate, stale and colorless work culture, average benefits

"Slow and steady"

Current Employee - Marketing Director in San Diego, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Marketing Director in San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at BD full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Stability, resources of a big company, diversity of internal opportunities, great industry

Cons

Hard to innovate, change. Depending on role, it can be hard to feel a sense of purpose and accomplishment because it’s so difficult to get things done. There are also organizational problems in parts of the company that make it challenging to know who is responsible for what, etc.

Advice to Management

Different businesses are at different stages of maturity; matrix doesn’t work everywhere. Also, software business is different and requires different set of success metrics, sales and marketing capabilities, etc.

Discover more reviews about BD.