BGL Group - Fantastic place to build a career | Glassdoor.co.uk
  1. "Fantastic place to build a career"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Peterborough, England

I have been working at BGL Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The BGL Group is a big company, full of opportunity for people that want to take it. It provides a really rich experience with challenging work, a huge amount of CSR and massive investment in its people. From totally free fun-days for staff and their families, to subsided restaurants and an on-site gym at the head-office, the range of "outside of work" benefits are enormous (just this week I signed up for my bike on the...

Cons

As a senior manager in the organization, if there are any cons, it's part of my job to get rid of them!

BGL Group2015-07-23

BGL Group Response

October 5, 2015Corporate Affairs Manager

Thank you for the great feedback.

1. "Fab company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunderland, North East England, England

I have been working at BGL Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good pay Flexible hours Friendly people Able to voluteer Biannual awards ball Able to go overseas to places like Zambia and Laos to help less privileged people.

Cons

Hard work Some roles aren’t as well paid as others Sometimes a tendency to be reactive rather than proactive to certain things

Advice to Management

The pay is pretty good in comparison but maybe worth ensure the pay reflects the level of responsibility in each role as this is not always the case at the moment

BGL Group2019-04-24

BGL Group Response

April 29, 2019

Thanks very much for your comments - glad to hear you're still enjoying life at BGL!

2. "Over staffed"

Former Employee - Analyst in Peterborough, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at BGL Group for more than 3 years

Pros

On the whole nice people and a fair company to work for. Pay is good for the area.

Cons

Having worked there for some years I found the job titles were very "over the top and inflated" Many of the employees are managers or senior managers. However, they do not have the responsibility of a real manager. Eg (People skills). This can be frustrating! CTM seem to be so over staffed. Too many people working on the same tasks. Favouritism is rampant within CTM.

Advice to Management

Real justification for job titles. Sort out the dead wood.

BGL Group2019-07-10

Discover more reviews about BGL Group.