Employee Review

Former Employee, more than 1 year

great place to work

May 7, 2021 - Barista in Whistler, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have learnt a lot from working with Ed and Natasha, they are extremely hard working and are committed to providing the best products and service. They are making delicious vegan food accessible for everyone and they support other sustainable local, businesses. It's a great community. Getting to know regular customers was also a highlight of this job! They offer awesome work perks and are creative with staff events!

Cons

I personally wouldn't see this as a con but the standards at BReD are very high and they expect hard work in return for some great perks to the job. If you are committed to supporting a small vegan business and showing up for your team then you will enjoy working to high standards and supporting them.

Continue reading

CEO

Thank you for your positive review of our high standards. It is important that our staff share our mission, vision and values of making vegan food accessible to everyone. When we’re all on the same page, the work is very rewarding and morale is high. We hope to attract more conscious and ethically-minded talent like you.

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Friendly, Inclusive, Fair, and Pays Well

Jun 1, 2021 - Dishwasher in Whistler, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pays extremely well, Base pay is around minimum wage but with tips included you make great money Hours are great, being able to have evenings off. Felt included from day 1, and expectations were clearly communicated and assisted day to day. Management/Owners work each open day, and are great to work with. Fully Vegan/Plant Based, environmental values are great.

Cons

Can't think of a reason to not work here.

Continue reading

CEO

Thank you for the this feedback. We work hard to create a welcoming and friendly culture for all our employees to enjoy. We believe that having a great experience at work helps give a good balance to our employee’s home life and for the people around them. It is wonderful to hear that we were inclusive, as that is something we strive for.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Come join the family !

May 6, 2021 - Cashier/Barista
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working at BReD is like being part of a family. It is a small team leaded by welcoming and open minded owners. In addition to being sustainable and 100% plant based, they value the importance of taking care of their employees. They are very generous with their time and products towards the staff and the community.

Cons

It is currently their only location so there is no possibility to climb up the ladder at the moment.

CEO

Response: Thank you for the wonderful feedback. We have been striving for many years to create a welcoming and friendly culture for all our employees to enjoy. We believe that having a great experience at work helps give a good balance to our employee’s home life and for the people around them. Giving back is at the core of our business and we welcome any ideas from our team to enable us to do more.

Discover more reviews about BReD.