1. "Hammersmith branch - a total joke"

1.0

I worked at BS Social Care full-time

Pros

It’s no exaggeration when I say none. Such a negative experience.

Cons

Staff at Hammersmith were unorganised and used inappropriate language between each other in front of me and other agency workers, but the worst thing about this branch is trying to register with them. I’m a DBS checked, long standing worker in the social care industry with years of experience and qualifications. I wanted to work for BS social care while looking for a permanent role, but registering with them was a nightmare and took forever after they took weeks between e-mails to get back to me. When I sent over what they needed, they responded weeks later and advised they needed other documentation. Not further evidence of what i’d sent, just other basic ID. Why they didn’t ask for it all in the beginning I don’t know. They are huge time wasters. Other problems ensued such as rudely advising me that when I had sent my documents over, I hadn’t attached anything, but I clearly had, they just hadn’t looked! Again careless, non observant approaches. Other times, I’d scan something over and they’d say it needed to be in different sizes, sent in different formats. After this terrible start, I thought I’d come into branch to avoid this online mess, but they had no evidence of any meeting being arranged despite me calling beforehand to book it with them. Documents given to me with my name on it were misspelt even though I have a straight forward British name and so on. After 6 weeks of nonsense, I gave up and thankfully I now have a permanent job with a wonderful professional employer elsewhere. What a disaster and disgrace of a company. People have lives and commitments and want to work, but this branch is nothing short of an incompetent joke. Awful.

December 17, 2018Operations Director, BS Social Care

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm sorry to hear you've had such a disappointing experience. BS Social Care prides itself on the experience and commitment we offer to our candidates. If you would like to discuss the matter further please do not hesitate to email me at contact.us@brookstreet.co.uk or via http://bit.ly/2KvLAnK.

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Friendly and responsive staff team"

5.0
    Former Employee - Support Worker in Bristol, England

I worked at BS Social Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

Competitive pay Staff are friendly and take an interest in you and try to match you up to the type of shifts you want Quick to resolve issues when they arise Good variety of work available

Cons

Some of the shifts are last minute so you can't always plan your work well in advance

July 1, 2020Operations Director, Brook Street

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! I hope your positive expeirience carries on with us in the future. I will pass on the feedback of how last-minute shifts can cause issues with planning work ahead of time to management. I wish you the best in whatever you are currently doing!

2. "Once was a good company, but having second thoughts."

Current Employee - Support Worker in Runcorn, England

I have been working at BS Social Care part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible shifts, always paid on time.

Cons

Been working for BS for a couple of years now and have been reasonable ok through the past years with work with me picking up a lot of shifts with a certain company. But now the company has taken on more staff and my shifts are none existant. Bs (Liverpool branch) is aware of this and just say "we'll find you something else" and that's the last you hear from them. They dont seem to care or look after the good workers anymore and the training seems none existant.

July 1, 2020Operations Director, Brook Street

Hi there. Thank you for your feedback and I'm sorry that your recent experience hasn't met your expectations. Our priority is making sure our talent is looked after and accommodated with work which matches their requirements. I will pass this feedback on to the management team to review so they can take actions to ensure this doesn't happen in the Liverpool (or any other) branch again. All the best.

Discover more reviews about BS Social Care.